Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

30 minutes ago, browniefox said:

If he doesn't play Saturday it give GS the "out" he needs to not play Madders, can claim he didn't start for his club blah blah blah. Now I'm not saying this is a valid point but I think he will be looking for any excuse not to play him. 

Hope I'm wrong and for the first time in a long time I will be cheering England on (when JM is on the field anyway). 

Plus we need three points. 

• Like 1

I think he'll play for England. Southgate has already said players in form are more important as a week to game 1, so I'd say he starts the first game. 

Even if he doesn't and they have a bad game in the group stages, the media will be on Southgate's back to start him next game as we've seen in recent weeks, and at some point you'd think he'd fold under the pressure. 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Don’t think Barnes is even in the 55 meaning he can’t go. Bowen would go if a winger got injured.

Oh yeah hadn't thought of that haha. Bowen is really off form mind you, you'd probably have to go with another centre forward and play Rashford out wide if they needed a LW

2 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

How is Sterling in the squad. Been hopeless this season

Tbf Sterling has done well for England, unlike Mount who has 1 goal involvement in something like his last 20 England games but is nailed on to start. I fear that Southgate will start something like the following team in the first game:

Pickford

Walker

Stones 

Maguire 

Trippier

Rice 

Bellingham 

Shaw

Mount

Kane

Sterling 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Tbf Sterling has done well for England, unlike Mount who has 1 goal involvement in something like his last 20 England games but is nailed on to start. I fear that Southgate will start something like the following team in the first game:

Pickford

Walker

Stones 

Maguire 

Trippier

Rice 

Bellingham 

Shaw

Mount

Kane

Sterling 

Foden starts surely .

Hopefully just a knock but even if it's a slight strain that puts him out for 2 weeks he'll miss most of Englands group games

Monday 21st November

FIFA WORLD CUP

GROUP B

• England13:00Iran

Friday 25th November

FIFA WORLD CUP

GROUP B

• England19:00USA

Tuesday 29th November

FIFA WORLD CUP

GROUP B

• Wales19:00England