Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

I know i’ll get pelters for this but something just doesn’t sit right with me about this. Fair enough I get that its his dream and all that but it also feels like he quit halfway through a very important game for selfish reasons. 

Its all worked out in the end but if we ended up getting pelter 3-1 and dragged back into a relegation scrap the mood would definitely be different. 

Miserable post!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

I know i’ll get pelters for this but something just doesn’t sit right with me about this. Fair enough I get that its his dream and all that but it also feels like he quit halfway through a very important game for selfish reasons. 

Its all worked out in the end but if we ended up getting pelter 3-1 and dragged back into a relegation scrap the mood would definitely be different. 

Oh dear me. Woe me! He put us ahead. Felt something in his knee and the manager took him off as a precaution. Even if he wasn't going to the WC it would have been wise to take him off rather than further aggravate the injury. Cheer up lad we won and we have a player going to the world Cup! Doesn't happen that often! 

• Like 1

Just now, cropstonfox said:

Miserable post!

Only because we won. If we lost everyone would be feeling very different. I’m looking at this objectively and no matter who the player is I’m not a fan of that behaviour. 

1 minute ago, browniefox said:

I said to my Dad, he's ok, just off to protect himself. 

He's put us ahead, let him take the rest and go and win the World cup. 

I’d argue that he shouldnt have been in the line up if thats the case. Fair enough he’s got the goal but first sign of danger and he’s tapping out. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Dames said:

Only because we won. If we lost everyone would be feeling very different. I’m looking at this objectively and no matter who the player is I’m not a fan of that behaviour. 

I’d argue that he shouldnt have been in the line up if thats the case. Fair enough he’s got the goal but first sign of danger and he’s tapping out. 

Not in the squad he gets called out for bottling it and saving himself (which he should). But he didn't, he played, scored and was happy to go off and be prepared to play in the WC. 

• Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

Oh dear me. Woe me! He put us ahead. Felt something in his knee and the manager took him off as a precaution. Even if he wasn't going to the WC it would have been wise to take him off rather than further aggravate the injury. Cheer up lad we won and we have a player going to the world Cup! Doesn't happen that often! 

I would bet every pound I have that if he wasn’t going to the WC he would have ran that off. Mind was clearly elsewhere which is understandable but arguably he should not have been starting today if he wasn’t in it 100%. 

20 minutes ago, Dames said:

You're damn right you'll get pelters for that. 

Edited by LaCiudad

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

I would bet every pound I have that if he wasn’t going to the WC he would have ran that off. Mind was clearly elsewhere which is understandable but arguably he should not have been starting today if he wasn’t in it 100%. 

Good job he did start though after bagging the first goal 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dames said:

Well then you'd be a very poor man, Contradicted yourself too. He started to help us out! Take away the world Cup. If BR kept him on and his injury gets worse then the fan base goes crazy. 

21 minutes ago, Dames said:

He could have quit after the 1st minute today for all I care. He’s earnt the right to do that after carrying the team this season. 

Chuffed for the lad it’s not too serious 🙏🏻

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Well then you'd be a very poor man, Contradicted yourself too. He started to help us out! Take away the world Cup. If BR kept him on and his injury gets worse then the fan base goes crazy. 

How am I contradicting myself? My whole point is that he seems to be prioritising the WC if thats the case fine. Give him a rest as nobody would begrudge that. 

4 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

From last 10, won 6 drawn 1 lost 3. Stop moaning.

So nobody is allowed to have an opinion or a discussion because our form is good?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Dames said:

That's one way to spin it!

25 minutes ago, Dames said:

I thought the same to be fair. Yes I'm selfish, my priority is LCFC and I couldn't really give 2 shits about the wc. I understand its a dream for him though and that's fair enough but it should always be club before country. If he was injured then fine. If not (and only he will ever know) then that's 100% c*ntish

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

How many times have fans been moaning our players have stayed on during a match and aggravated an injury. Now people are moaning if a player comes off as a precaution. 

Can we make our minds up! 

We might need a poll :ph34r:

He clearly wasn’t injured though and would have known very fast he wasn’t. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's one way to spin it!

I’m glad for the lad and he deserves it don’t get me wrong but i think he’s definitely got away with it a little bit today. 

• Haha 1