Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

I wouldn't exactly say he's alright. Brendan in his post match interview said it was the outside of his knee and he has been feeling it in training all week and he is struggling to sprint. Not ideal fitness going into the biggest tournament in football. I wish him the best and hope it is not just the excuse Southgate needs not to pick him to start. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Phild said:

I wouldn't exactly say he's alright. Brendan in his post match interview said it was the outside of his knee and he has been feeling it in training all week and he is struggling to sprint. Not ideal fitness going into the biggest tournament in football. I wish him the best and hope it is not just the excuse Southgate needs not to pick him to start. 

Southgate needs no excuse :S

25 minutes ago, Phild said:

He's fine I reckon. He was all smiles at the end, think it's a tiny tiny niggle that will be all good in a few days. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

And? Doesn’t change the fact that he got scared after one little knock and wanted to come off. 

Regardless of form or whoever they are you want players who are 100% committed. The circumstances for Maddison today with the goal were favourable but people are deluding themselves if you were thinking he was 100% committed to LCFC today. He clearly had other footballing priorities higher on his list and that bugs me a bit. 

I’m glad we won, i’m glad he scored and i’m glad he’s getting to play for England but its not an excuse to quit a game after 25 minutes. 

Jeez! 😵💫🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

And? Doesn’t change the fact that he got scared after one little knock and wanted to come off. 

Regardless of form or whoever they are you want players who are 100% committed. The circumstances for Maddison today with the goal were favourable but people are deluding themselves if you were thinking he was 100% committed to LCFC today. He clearly had other footballing priorities higher on his list and that bugs me a bit. 

I’m glad we won, i’m glad he scored and i’m glad he’s getting to play for England but its not an excuse to quit a game after 25 minutes. 

Ok now I think you're just trolling 

There's no pleasing some folk

Just now, Chelmofox said:

They said he had been carrying a niggle all week and he had done very light training. The easiest option would have been to not play at all but he still went out there and even bagged us a goal. He has prioritised his fitness, that's all, but he was still willing to risk that fitness. Don't agree with any point you are making.

He shouldn’t have been playing if he was carrying a niggle. As like you’ve said he’s prioritised his fitness which means he wouldn’t be 100% committed or even focused. 

I’ve always been against playing injured players because it almost always ends in a worse injury. Maddison was probably of a similar mindset hence the decision to come off after 25 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

On that basis no club would ever be able to field a team. Professional footballers are almost never completely free of injuries.

If its enough to keep him out of full training for the week then its not worth the risk, we’ve been burned as a club by this so many times in the past.

1 hour ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

On that basis no club would ever be able to field a team. Professional footballers are almost never completely free of injuries.

I think we need to cut Madders some slack. I remember Steve Claridge saying some players are always in the treatment room or crying off while other players play carrying injuries. This will possibly be the only wc Madders will have a chance to take part