Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Put yourself in his shoes. He's English not leicesterish, playing in the world cup or playing in the premier league (which is bread and butter to these guys). He's not a Leicester fan, I know that I would be telling my last to do exactly what JM did If he was in the same position. 

You being a Leicester fan is clouding your judgement on this. Let the lad have his world cup. 

Good luck James, go and boss the World Cup, I hope you bring a winners medal back to Leicester. 

I’ll admit that being a Leicester fan is clouding certain aspects of my judgement i.e. expecting players to give 100% to the club that pays their wages.

But I think i’m being objective in saying that its clear he wasn’t 100% committed to Leicester today. From a neutral perspective its understandable but as a Leicester fan who’s club is still in danger its slightly annoyed me he’s appeared to quit at the first sign of trouble and prioritised his own personal ambitions over the team. 

Its not entirely his fault. Fifa shouldnt have put the WC half way through a season in the first place and also Southgate has had Maddison doubting himself for a while. 

Either way I hope he has a great tournament and comes back and signs a new long term deal.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

I’ll admit that being a Leicester fan is clouding certain aspects of my judgement i.e. expecting players to give 100% to the club that pays their wages.

But I think i’m being objective in saying that its clear he wasn’t 100% committed to Leicester today. From a neutral perspective its understandable but as a Leicester fan who’s club is still in danger its slightly annoyed me he’s appeared to quit at the first sign of trouble and prioritised his own personal ambitions over the team. 

Its not entirely his fault. Fifa shouldnt have put the WC half way through a season in the first place and also Southgate has had Maddison doubting himself for a while. 

Either way I hope he has a great tournament and comes back and signs a new long term deal.

He was never going to be 100% committed today, I'm sure any 50/50 challenge he would would have backed out. 

As my last message said, he will be commited to living out his dream, and believe it or not, that's playing for England at a world cup, not playing for Leicester. 

I get we pay his wages but try to look at it from the lads point of view. Feel a niggle, why risk the biggest opportunity of his career and play on? 

• Like 2

I'm not buying that the injury "isn't too bad". If he felt it at Everton and didn't train all week and it is STILL an issue then surly it's more then "just bruising". I saw him take the corner just before he went down he didn't kick it propperly with the same swag. And for me he wasn't his smiling self despite what I am reading. I think it's possible Madders knows he's not right but is playing it down majorly for the world cup. Fair play to him I would too

Edited by FoxInTheBox89
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dames said:

He's felt it at Everton and barely trained all week. And despite knowing he had this issue he still wanted to play (Mr Sterling take note). I see your point, but I think he deserves the benifit of the doubt here, these are exceptional circumstances

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FoxInTheBox89 said:

He's felt it at Everton and barely trained all week. And despite knowing he had this issue he still wanted to play (Mr Sterling take note). I see your point, but I think he deserves the benifit of the doubt here, these are exceptional circumstances

Didn't Rodgers say he had only lightly trained in the week and that it was a sore knee? Well I'm sure his knee slide after his goal would have really helped!  I'm totally club over country, every day of the week and twice on a Sunday,  so probably can't talk about the subject of Maddison coming off objectively, but I would be disappointed if he came off purely to protect himself from an injury he could pick up next week while training with England. That said, I'm delighted for him, that he was picked for the World Cup squad,  because it has been clear how much he wanted it, and he thoroughly deserved his place.  World Cup for me though is Meh!, roll on boxing day. :scarf:

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

It doesn't mean anything, i know, but that absolute clown Sterling has no 10. 

I just have never got Sterling. I think he's rank average..demarai gray level (and I'm not being deliberately silly saying that)....

He will have one o/s game at the World Cup 

the rest of his performances will be rank 

unless Gareth picks him for every game, he might miss the o/s game …. He is the very basis of inconsistency….

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He will have one o/s game at the World Cup 

the rest of his performances will be rank 

unless Gareth picks him for every game, he might miss the o/s game …. He is the very basis of inconsistency….

He will run around in circles a lot and spend most of his time diving. One dive will actually end up as a penalty and everyone will say he was brilliant because we got a penalty. 

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It doesn't mean anything, i know, but that absolute clown Sterling has no 10. 

I just have never got Sterling. I think he's rank average..demarai gray level (and I'm not being deliberately silly saying that)....

No, I agree, maybe not deliberately……..