Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

He likes the idea of being the star man in the team

The bids came in because they knew he would be jump at the move, if the clubs accepted. Newcastle will be back after the World Cup. 

Eh? Seems like he's enjoying being with England despite not being the top dog (yet) .... Newcastle are pissing in the wind with this one. The lad's a superstar and as the previous poster says, the media can't get enough of him. If the Geordies even came close to an acceptable offer, a far more interesting club will nip in and take him off their hands 

Chelsea would be a decent move. Arsenal he doesn't really fit in with how they play. Man City he'd be a spare piece. Liverpool he doesn't fit in. Man Utd lol. Spurs I don't see Conte fancying him.

Newcastle or Chelsea would be the obvious 2 to me. Guaranteed to be a regular starter at Newcastle whereas there's every chance a slight dip in form see's him drop down the pecking order at Chelsea.

I really don't see how Newcastle can seem so far-fetched @Paninistickers, out of interest do have a disliking for Newcastle that may be clouding your view on this? :D

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Chelsea would be a decent move. Arsenal he doesn't really fit in with how they play. Man City he'd be a spare piece. Liverpool he doesn't fit in. Man Utd lol. Spurs I don't see Conte fancying him.

Newcastle or Chelsea would be the obvious 2 to me. Guaranteed to be a regular starter at Newcastle whereas there's every chance a slight dip in form see's him drop down the pecking order at Chelsea.

I really don't see how Newcastle can seem so far-fetched @Paninistickers, out of interest do have a disliking for Newcastle that may be clouding your view on this? :D

Lol, I actually think the Geordies are great. I've never had anything other than good experiences up there with their fans. Friendliest bunch by a mile. 

I do have a kinda instinctive dislike of the inferiority complex.so many of our fans have. The lil old Lester bollox. As a club, fanbase and brand we need.to be muscular with a direct competitor (as the Geordies are) and not just weakly and meekly accept their rise. Too many of Our fans don't sahre the same aspirations of the club ownership (even allowing for current financial blips)

50 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He's meant to be a childhood man u fan isn't he? I imagine his heart would long term want a move to Man U, but right now his head would probably be quite cautious about it (and the Ronaldo interview will highlight even more the problems they have). He's clearly an intelligent guy who knows his own mind and won't just be talked into something by an agent based on just money. I really would be surprised to see him go to Newcastle as there's no guarantee they are going to be winning trophies in the next few years - whilst they have had a great start to the season we know ourselves how difficult it is to maintain your form for 38 games. 

2 hours ago, urban fox said:

Seems that the media have decided that Madders is the poster boy for this world cup. Maybe because he is the new boy, and he undoubtedly comes across well, but they seem to be falling over themselves to get him on screen

Fantastic news. I’m Southgate will use him effectively. Grealish in the Euro finals. That kind of thing.

(I swear I’ve tried to be positive about the team and manager. I salut all those who are able)

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Fantastic news. I’m Southgate will use him effectively. Grealish in the Euro finals. That kind of thing.

(I swear I’ve tried to be positive about the team and manager. I salut all those who are able)

I stay positive, until we lose,then I look up how you called it..:banana:

16 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I stay positive, until we lose,then I look up how you called it..:banana:

I knew from the start I was wrong to be positive? Maybe Southgate will learn as Brendan seems to have and we’ll play Madders and have a cracking tournament. Who knows who knows

5 hours ago, alanf0x said:

Operation Pope, Trippier and Wilson had commenced

The picture of Maddison and Wlison is pretty much irrelevant anyway considering both are from Coventry and came through the same academy.

Not sure about the age gap but I'm guessing they knew each other anyway.

3 hours ago, rachhere said:

He's meant to be a childhood man u fan isn't he? I imagine his heart would long term want a move to Man U, but right now his head would probably be quite cautious about it (and the Ronaldo interview will highlight even more the problems they have). He's clearly an intelligent guy who knows his own mind and won't just be talked into something by an agent based on just money. I really would be surprised to see him go to Newcastle as there's no guarantee they are going to be winning trophies in the next few years - whilst they have had a great start to the season we know ourselves how difficult it is to maintain your form for 38 games. 

If you was offered a club like Man U or Newcastle and was aware of what Man City did with similar investment I think you would pick the club at the start of their journey. As opposed to a club recently slammed as not progressing from over 10 years ago.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

If you was offered a club like Man U or Newcastle and was aware of what Man City did with similar investment I think you would pick the club at the start of their journey. As opposed to a club recently slammed as not progressing from over 10 years ago.

I wouldn’t, I’d wait until they get a bit of success, then join them.

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I wouldn’t, I’d wait until they get a bit of success, then join them.

I don't know what the fascination is of joining big clubs that are the absolute pits though. High chance you'll be just as forgettable or worse by joining them.

I know its probably more logical and less of a gamble than to join a team with ambition and a smattering of progression but there's much more likelihood you'll be remembered and talked about there.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He should move to Man City if someone like Silva leaves them. Not as many starts but huge wages, guaranteed trophies, they won't stand in your way particularly if you try to leave. de Bruyne's boots will have to be filled in a few years as well. No reason not to go. 

Whilst he’s improved his work rate , I still don’t  think he reaches pep’s standards 

he also likes to hold onto the ball a bit too long for his liking ……

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He should move to Man City if someone like Silva leaves them. Not as many starts but huge wages, guaranteed trophies, they won't stand in your way particularly if you try to leave. de Bruyne's boots will have to be filled in a few years as well. No reason not to go. 

Are you a pundit? Work for sky or talksport?

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

Would be very surprised if he makes the 23. 

Yep - can’t see the point if he isn’t fit enough to train.  If he trains tomorrow and Sunday then would be different 

They could decide to replace him up until Sunday afternoon if the fifa doctor agrees he isn’t going to be fit for the group games 

Kyle walker will miss the first game due to injury and Calvin  Phillips has only played 40 minutes post injury. Depends how bad Maddison injury is. It sounds like they are just resting him up ready for Monday. If there was one game they are likely to feature him in it would have been this one. Depends how he looks over the weekend should he train. 

Edited by Supergray22

I feel like he’s probably got a knee injury that during the regular season would keep him out for a week or two.  

Because it’s the World Cup though, he’s pretending it’s fine and he’ll try and play anyway (if GS gives him any minutes). 

My only worry is if he aggravates it and ends up out for a while when he returns. 

• Like 1