Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

46 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I suppose that depends on how fit he is. By the media reports he's not even fit enough to train yet, let alone play. If that continues Sothgate hasn't got much choice.

I read the word 'load management' from Henry Winter, which I took to mean rest and avoid aggravating it. 

I think he could play, if asked, but perhaps they will, at least for this choose to leave him to rest further 

16 minutes ago, shailen said:

No player that has played regularly this season actually needs to train. It could be a case of managing his recovery rather than getting him match fit. He'd have been replaced by now if they were that worried. 

Screenshot_20221119_230559_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Madders did a full training session yesterday but unlikely for tomorrow's game. Photo in full training kit and isn't online anywhere else.. England obviously tightening the training videos over last couple of days.

Screenshot_20221120_111706_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20221120_111723_Twitter.jpg

What you can't see is the wheel chair that's been cropped out

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Madders did a full training session yesterday but unlikely for tomorrow's game. Photo in full training kit and isn't online anywhere else.. England obviously tightening the training videos over last couple of days.

Screenshot_20221120_111706_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20221120_111723_Twitter.jpg

He walked out with the group the previous two days aswell, joined in the pre training group talk and then returned inside 

that photo means nothing - but it is strange that there have been no reports as to whether he did train or not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

He walked out with the group the previous two days aswell, joined in the pre training group talk and then returned inside 

that photo means nothing - but it is strange that there have been no reports as to whether he did train or not. 

Totally agree. It is a bit odd but the guy who tweeted it is pretty reliable and he was in his full training shirt which appears to be in one of the sessions yesterday. With his form with us it seems odd that he'd need that much physio so I hope he is training with the squad. 

Maddison did train yesterday both sessions outdoors with the sqaud but has been put indoors today. 

Personally I don't think there's anything untoward here other than maybe Southgate has made his mind up that a) he'll remain in the squad for the tournament now (under 24hrs can't replace him, and b) he's only going to be an impact sub in the difficult games to break down teams. 

The media keep saying that he's not trained with the squad since he's been there but that isn't accurate. It'll be interesting to hear what Southgate says later today in his press conference with Kane.

Just now, UHDrive said:

Maddison did train yesterday both sessions outdoors with the sqaud but has been put indoors today. 

Personally I don't think there's anything untoward here other than maybe Southgate has made his mind up that a) he'll remain in the squad for the tournament now (under 24hrs can't replace him, and b) he's only going to be an impact sub in the difficult games to break down teams. 

The media keep saying that he's not trained with the squad since he's been there but that isn't accurate. It'll be interesting to hear what Southgate says later today in his press conference with Kane.

If he trained yesterday then that reflects managing his situation (as we did pre West Ham) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Apparently there was never any option for madders to be replaced - only players who suffer a new injury can be replaced. I wonder if that’s France havent replaced benzema ?  He had the thigh injury for some time. 

France are replacing Benzema?