Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

19 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

They did have the option though.

I guess you'd rather have nobody than have to call up Anthony Martial.

I’m not sure that they did have the option - that’s what I was saying earlier. If you pick a player with an existing injury then I don’t believe that you are able to replace them once the squad was submitted last Monday unless they suffer a different problem in training in the lead up. 

Edited by st albans fox

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I’m not sure that they did have the option - that’s what I was saying earlier. If you pick a player with an existing injury then I don’t believe that you are able to replace them once the squad was submitted last Monday unless they suffer a different problem in training in the lead up. 

Deschamps has decided against a replacement. 

Doesn't matter if it's a pre-existing injury.

Just read up about it.

:thumbup:

They will just keep him on these loner sessions and Gareth the gorm will say well I succumbed to the demand of the tabloids and public and chose him in the squad but I don't fecking want him because he's a maverick at an unfashionable club who only have 150000 supporters on fifa23 so he can bake in the sun on his own til he joins a top 6 side #threelions #hearusroar #eurosuperleague #mywaistcoatsareshit

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Madders must be confused ! 

Southgate didn't say that - the o ly comment made was "everyone is ok barr James maddison". No mention of training at all and where the sqaud stands other than remarking on Kyle walker in better shape. 

I hope they aren't messing him around and that he'll start training after the game tomorrow otherwise its a joke.

It’s a repeat of the vardy situation at the last tournament, in the squad but no real plan to use him unless they get to the point in a game and bring him on when it’s too late. Are we so unorthodox our players don’t fit systems?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Southgate didn't say that - the o ly comment made was "everyone is ok barr James maddison". No mention of training at all and where the sqaud stands other than remarking on Kyle walker in better shape. 

I hope they aren't messing him around and that he'll start training after the game tomorrow otherwise its a joke.

I heard him on talkSPORT 

I’m sure he said madders hadn’t trained yet ????

24 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

From the BBC report on Southgate's press conference 

Screenshot_20221120-174340_BBC Sport.jpg

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

But how could anyone prove if you said 'yes he has not recovered from his broken leg but he's also got something in his eye so we'll be calling up Mr x'

If a player has been out or struggling with an injury prior to squad announcement then it’s usually documented 

I assume they have to show a fifa doctor evidence of the new problem via a scan 

Of course it is open to some abuse if the original knock isnt known about 

19 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He did a knee slide after scoring against West Ham, probably didn't help and a bit stupid if you've got a knee problem 

Clutching at straws a bit. If he was deemed fit enough to play a league game before the World Cup, then I am sure that the knee side was irrelevant.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I heard him on talkSPORT 

I’m sure he said madders hadn’t trained yet ????

He trained on the first day. Southgate is being an absolute tossar. You don't fully alienate a player who can run and kick a ball as he has been doing for the entirety of the pre world cup training period and deny him from amalgamating him with his own team mates on the training pitch. It doesn't make sense particularly given maddisons own check box press conference remarks a few days ago. 

This is either southgate managing the press and public clamour for him to go or I reckon he's just using him to sidestep pressure from the team. Just doesn't make sense. 

WTH is going on? Why no proper explanation as to why madders is not training with the team. These half assed explanations don’t help anyone. If he’s not in good shape just say so southgate and explain what the problem is. He doesn’t help himself does he?

5 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Southgate said that Maddison hasnt trained at all and most likely won’t be involved tomorrow 

Edited by Lesterlad

2 hours ago, paulski said:

It’s a repeat of the vardy situation at the last tournament, in the squad but no real plan to use him unless they get to the point in a game and bring him on when it’s too late. Are we so unorthodox our players don’t fit systems?

No, gareth is an absolute sponge 

Just now, buzzer_b said:

Makes me wonder if the real reason Southgate called him up was purely so he didn’t get backlash from media and fans. I might be thinking outside of the box but I really wouldn’t be surprised with Southgate.

I mean in all fairness, we know Madders had been carrying a knock and we all saw him go down and come off in the last game before the break. It's not like it's completely made up.

• Like 4