Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

2 minutes ago, FoxInTheBox89 said:

I don't understand how you  "rehibitate" a brusied knee. Surely you just wait for the bruising to go down? Either that or it wasn't a bruised knee atall and was in fact more serious 

He's probably just doing other conditioning work to stay fit without aggravating the knee injury, but its just easier to say 'rehab' as a catch-all term for that kind of thing.

Probably making use of those fancy cryo-chambers and other rapid-rehab stuff they'll have available to them, too.

• Like 1

After all the hoo-ha I hope madders is fit and gets to play. Knowing what he’s like he will be itching to take part. I’m not taking these training in isolation thing too seriously a lot of other team players are doing the same heck even Messi. If England finishes the US off than Wales will be a good game for madders to come on

Makes me wonder how broken Madders has been while playing this season - he seemed to think he was plenty fit enough from his press conference and I would assume that would be from information from his club physios lol

Rodgers will make sure the lads got titanium knees and hip by his late 30s.

That's it, he won't play now. He would never have got a minute in the knockout rounds due to Southgate picking his trusted players - his only chance to stake a claim was going to be in the groups. No chance of him featuring against USA without having trained, and you'd imagine the same would go for the Wales game. It seems like Rodgers/Madders downplayed the severity of the injury after the West Ham game to keep him in the squad on the off chance he'd be okay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Makes me wonder how broken Madders has been while playing this season - he seemed to think he was plenty fit enough from his press conference and I would assume that would be from information from his club physios lol

Rodgers will make sure the lads got titanium knees and hip by his late 30s.

The guys been in the form of his life and your moaning that Rodgers has been playing him?!

3 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Get the feeling he was just added cos GS was forced to add him cos if he didn't he would have got alot of stick

Maybe but his injury status isn’t southgate’s fault and he could have replaced him on the Monday on the basis that his fitness was in question 

of course if kane wasn’t able to train, he would still make the bench …..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is this being done on purpose? 

How is he able to play for us all season so far with no injuries, go to England and then be deemed not fit to even train, let alone play? 

It makes very little sense. 

Arguably we are more inclined to risk him as he’s more pivotal to us than he is for England.