Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why the conspiracy?

he picked up a knee injury at everton

he was unable to train properly in the week before West Ham.

he then aggravated the injury at West Ham 

england are likely to have decided that they won’t need his input in the group games now.  Pointless pushing him at this stage and having him break down and require another week of ‘rest’.  Allow him to recover properly and to be available to contribute to the knock out stages if required.  We all know he isn’t a starter (as does he).  If there was no World Cup then we would probably have missed him last weekend and be looking to get him available for this Saturday, perhaps with an injection. We need him available more than England do. 

I can’t see where the issue is on this - I’m happy that they’re being sensible with him 

It's the fact he can't train at all that irks me. As in not even a run about on grass alone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nugent said:

That's it, he won't play now. He would never have got a minute in the knockout rounds due to Southgate picking his trusted players - his only chance to stake a claim was going to be in the groups. No chance of him featuring against USA without having trained, and you'd imagine the same would go for the Wales game. It seems like Rodgers/Madders downplayed the severity of the injury after the West Ham game to keep him in the squad on the off chance he'd be okay.

Pretty sure the England team staff would have assessed him and if deemed a doubt for most of the tournament, removed him. So the England medical staff must think he can play some part (maybe in the knockout rounds).

8 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

I’m intrigued that no one is really  asking about Maddison. The press all clamoured for his inclusion, but nothing now he’s seemingly seriously injured. I initially suspected covid, but more think he’s just not fancied by the England management team

It’s no huge surprise after the last team display.

He was the golden boy for a brief moment when the majority of people thought we were crying out for creativity. The 6 goals has kinda dulled the noise.

For now!!

4 hours ago, ThurmastonFox said:

I’m intrigued that no one is really  asking about Maddison. The press all clamoured for his inclusion, but nothing now he’s seemingly seriously injured. I initially suspected covid, but more think he’s just not fancied by the England management team

What are they doing wrong ??  reading some posts on here you’d think he’s fit and being forced to train away from the squad 

• Like 1

What I couldn’t understand is why Rodgers didn’t say that he had issues, after England selection in the week before the West Ham game. In fact he said he trained well, yet he hadn’t. Then he played him, which has probably ruined his chances of playing in this World Cup. 

1 hour ago, RichardIII said:

Southgate has said this afternoon that Maddison will train with the main group as after tomorrow's game is done. May get to see him against Wales depending how the result goes tomorrow. 

Pretty hilarious that we might treat wales as a friendly lol

2 hours ago, RichardIII said:

Southgate has said this afternoon that Maddison will train with the main group as after tomorrow's game is done. May get to see him against Wales depending how the result goes tomorrow. 

Southgate will absolutely blow his top if he plays well and scores. He’ll be fuming..

He’s not made the bench v USA.

Real shame that he finally got the call but has seemingly done his knee. It’s going to be neigh on impossible for him to break into the team during the knockout rounds (if we get there). Southgate will stick with the players that are winning.