Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

5 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

He’s not made the bench v USA.

Real shame that he finally got the call but has seemingly done his knee. It’s going to be neigh on impossible for him to break into the team during the knockout rounds (if we get there). Southgate will stick with the players that are winning.

Of course he's not made the bench for the USA as he's not trained. There was never any indication he was going to make the bench. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Obviously that cover that he was "fine" after West Ham was just a bluff by him/the club. Big shame but we probably just need to get over it.

The club backed him and played along. Even against its own interests. 

That principle will always reflect well on the club with existing and future players

Wry disappointing. We looked jaded and second best in almost every way. Only player to get any credit was maguire. We left it Intil the last five minutes until we showed any intention. If I were out there I’d be mad at trippier idly walking over to take a corner with five minutes to go. 

Still should seal qualification. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, deep blue said:

And his ball control.  We were pants in that respect this evening, including Mount who contributed nothing positive.

Agreed. He literally ran the show in some of our recent games. It’s a big shame he got injured not just for him and us but for the whole country. That’s if Southgate picked him of course. Bellingham rice and Maddison would make a good combination. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

Agreed. He literally ran the show in some of our recent games. It’s a big shame he got injured not just for him and us but for the whole country. That’s if Southgate picked him of course. Bellingham rice and Maddison would make a good combination. 

Well Foden isn’t getting much of a look in and he has been in exceptional form for Man City. I doubt southgate would play maddison even if he was fully fit. He is too creative for a southgate team 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well Foden isn’t getting much of a look in and he has been in exceptional form for Man City. I doubt southgate would play maddison even if he was fully fit. He is too creative for a southgate team 

Also true. I think it’s a problem also about how they are perceived. Maddison and Foden are both great all round performers in their own right. You need balance in a team and the areas they excel in are not the traits that Southgate ranks so highly. I do see signs though that when results are not going the way we like that he is a bit

more willing to compromised. Maybe age and experience. I think yesterday was a great time to change it up a bit. USA showed in their first half against wales that they are a great pressing team with hinge intensity and energy. A lot of our players looked tired and lacked sparkle to break the lines and get on the front foot.