Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

So Southgate tells us that madders is likely to be training over the weekend and hey presto he appears …….

still don’t get the grief he seems to get from some on here re madders 

the next step is to see if there is any reaction from today and how confident they are that he is ok.  Important to see if he trains tomorrow in what will be a full session. 

if he makes the next two days then he will be on the bench in his kit  rather than sat with his ID around his neck and he has a chance of featuring later on.  

• Like 1

I like how we’ve scaled back our World Cup expectations. Before we dreamt of emulating 55 odd year triumph and winning it. Now we’re dreaming that one of our players shakes off the injury we’ve been hiding and sets at least one foot on the pitch.

Great to see Madders back training with a smile on his face, having a laugh with teammates and staff. He's developed into a model professional, and its so nice to see someone who loves his football and shows it. He's a top bloke and therefore I'll forgive him that see through plastic Armani backpack!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Yes finally! I hope madders gets some game time. probably if England are thrashing wales 3-0 madders gets to stroll around for the last 15 min knowing southgate. Better than nothing I guess.

I'd like to see us struggle, an if only gets brought on for 15 mins make a difference in a live situation, what we were crying out for against USA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Yes finally! I hope madders gets some game time. probably if England are thrashing wales 3-0 madders gets to stroll around for the last 15 min knowing southgate. Better than nothing I guess.

I have a more interesting scenario for you: England are down 3-0 at the 60th min and Southgate brings on Madders to save his head. 😬

5 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I have a more interesting scenario for you: England are down 3-0 at the 60th min and Southgate brings on Madders to save his head. 😬

I know you say this in Jest, but I watch Wales and think they wouldn't score 3 goals in a year of playing top ten nations, let alone one match, possibly penalties aside.

7 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well if foden can’t get on, then no chance for another creative player to get on lol 

Have to agree.  If Southgate feels forced to bring on a creative player then surely Foden stands ahead of Madders in the pecking order.  Hard to see Southgate then being prepared to throw on a second player for his creativity.  Really hope I'm proved wrong :fc:)

Just now, suffolk fox said:

Wales have a -2 goal difference England have +4.  In order for Wales to progress out the group they would have to beat us 7 0.  

Now I know England are pants under Southgate but no way on earth will England lose 7 0 against Wales.

Wrong. They would need to beat us 4 goals to go above us. But not going to happen.

40 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Wales have a -2 goal difference England have +4.  In order for Wales to progress out the group they would have to beat us 7 0.  

Now I know England are pants under Southgate but no way on earth will England lose 7 0 against Wales.

You realise if they score one then our GD would go down as well there’s going up, right? They only need to win 3-0 to go level with us on GD, but then we’d still be ahead of them on GS so in reality they need to win 4-0. Not going to happen either way mind.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

On 26/11/2022 at 12:46, st albans fox said:

So Southgate tells us that madders is likely to be training over the weekend and hey presto he appears …….

still don’t get the grief he seems to get from some on here re madders 

the next step is to see if there is any reaction from today and how confident they are that he is ok.  Important to see if he trains tomorrow in what will be a full session. 

if he makes the next two days then he will be on the bench in his kit  rather than sat with his ID around his neck and he has a chance of featuring later on.  

probably because he's ignored him when he's been the best player in that area of the pitch for at least 18 months, he basically admitted as much recently saying he should have called him up for the nations league.

He's also stood back and said nothing whilst talking heads constantly slandered Maddison's character as the reason to why he wasn't called up.

Oh and don't forget how he treated Vardy at the last world cup starting Sterling as a striker over him

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I know you say this in Jest, but I watch Wales and think they wouldn't score 3 goals in a year of playing top ten nations, let alone one match, possibly penalties aside.

well, we are their ‘ arch enemy’ so to speak in a friendly but not so friendly way! Plus it’s the last game of the World Cup for them… if ever there was a game they’d be up for it would be this one… added into the fact we are likely to play some fringe players as you don’t want to go into the second round with players not having got any minutes then them scoring 3 goals is definitely a possible scenario even if it’s a slim one..

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

well, we are their ‘ arch enemy’ so to speak in a friendly but not so friendly way! Plus it’s the last game of the World Cup for them… if ever there was a game they’d be up for it would be this one… added into the fact we are likely to play some fringe players as you don’t want to go into the second round with players not having got any minutes then them scoring 3 goals is definitely a possible scenario even if it’s a slim one..

They can score three …..it’s four MORE than us that’s a problem ….

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They can score three …..it’s four MORE than us that’s a problem ….

yes and thats highly unlikely.  I was just making a point that people should not rule out the fact that Wales are going to be well up for this game. They will want to go home with their head held high and not on a whimper..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Just how bad was the knock he reserved in city’s last game for Southgate not to play him, Kane has played in all 3 games so far and done fcuk all.

I thought his knock in the last City game was his hamstring and was nothing serious, but he then had a knee issue after joining the England squad