Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

He also added that he thinks they've all played now. To which I replied NO THEY F******G HAVEN'T lol

Same here. First thought was Madders hasn’t played. If he was injured and not able to, I can sympathise with him saying that. But Gallagher hasn’t played?

Pretty horrendous thing to say in an interview really. Just tells a couple of your team mates they don’t count.

Maddison was in the background on the very next training clip too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

He also added that he thinks they've all played now. To which I replied NO THEY F******G HAVEN'T lol

9 minutes ago, Criggers said:

Same here. First thought was Madders hasn’t played. If he was injured and not able to, I can sympathise with him saying that. But Gallagher hasn’t played?

Pretty horrendous thing to say in an interview really. Just tells a couple of your team mates they don’t count.

Maddison was in the background on the very next training clip too.

To be fair to him, Foden might just be talking specifically about all the forwards having played. He may not think of Maddison as a forward and although that's how he was classified in the squad announcement, I would be inclined to agree that he's more of a midfielder, even when he's nominally playing as a right winger for us. Granted you could make similar arguments about Grealish and indeed Foden himself but I think they're both more forwardy than Maddison is, and the likes of Rashford and Sterling definitely are.

Of course it may be that Foden happened to either momentarily forget Maddison exists or instead chose to deliberately exclude him but I think he probably deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guest said:

To be fair to him, Foden might just be talking specifically about all the forwards having played. He may not think of Maddison as a forward and although that's how he was classified in the squad announcement, I would be inclined to agree that he's more of a midfielder, even when he's nominally playing as a right winger for us. Granted you could make similar arguments about Grealish and indeed Foden himself but I think they're both more forwardy than Maddison is, and the likes of Rashford and Sterling definitely are.

Of course it may be that Foden happened to either momentarily forget Maddison exists or instead chose to deliberately exclude him but I think he probably deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Yeah, that’s fair enough. But let’s be honest, we all know they’re both best in the 10 shirt. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rachhere said:

Interestingly in an interview with Phil Foden just played on BBC he said that Gareth Southgate has told all the attacking players that they will get an opportunity. We will see... 

I saw the interview with Southgate on the tv who said that all his attackers apart from kane had scored, maybe he has forgot about Maddison

1 hour ago, WestLothianFox said:

I saw the interview with Southgate on the tv who said that all his attackers apart from kane had scored, maybe he has forgot about Maddison

Hence he put Maddison down as a midfielder, with the rest who play like him as attackers. 

You can't be sympathetic as an international manager. If Maddison is a backup for Southgate then play him accordingly. Despite what the rest of the country thinks of Maddison and his form, Southgate has to do what he thinks is best.

I don't want Madders to feature to an extent and do well as that is why we lost Maguire in the last world cup. On the other hand, if he doesn't play he may think he has to move to get in for future tournaments. Lose lose to an extent 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filthyfox said:

If he does, then he is DEAD to me.

Its one thing for players to follow their dreams af BIG clubs.... but SPURS?????!!!!????

But….but….they had that 15 minutes once, and went toe to toe with Liverpool for 30 seconds in the Champions League Finals!

• Haha 2

On 02/12/2022 at 11:14, FoxyLeon said:

'Club Bias' isn't what you think it is. The perfect example of Club Bias was when we would select Lampard/Gerrard/Scholes/Rooney/Beckham/Ferdinand/Terry etc, because of their Club form. They were always the best in form players in the country in their position....But they were horrid in an England shirt, and a perfect example of why Club form doesn't equal success. In fact, 'The Germans' as we refer to them at every tournament, have been the perfect example over the years of how the International 'Conveyor belt' system is far more successful. 

Harry Maguire is the perfect example to prove this narrative wrong. He got into the England squad on his Leicester form, and remains there on his England form. 

What about Foden too? The fact Southgate hasn't been picking him, once again proves that he has no 'Big Club' bias, as he's leaving him out for players at lesser clubs. Like Sterling and Saka, who once again, are being selected by him on 'England Form'.

I do agree with you that so far Mount has been the weakest area of the Midfield. But Southgate actually spotted the issue, and fixed it during the latter stages of the US game and against Wales. We need someone else in there who offers greater defensive ability, a Henderson/Phillips. Maddison offers even less defensive work than Mount, so much so that Rodgers, who is terrible defensively, doesn't even trust him as an 8 anymore. Maddison just isn't good enough to displace Bellingham or Saka, and they're really only the two positions he could play in this team.

People want us to play like 2010 Spain, without realising we don't have the players. People forget that Spain team had perhaps the greatest defence of that generation in World Football...Not just the midfield. Ramos, Puyol, Pique and Capdevila is three World Class center halves and a very defensive left back...We simply don't have the level of defence to let Maddison play in a similar role to an Iniesta. In fact I seem to recall Iniesta playing a lot of that tournament our wide, and they had Xavi, Xabi Alonso and Busquets all sitting in midfield. We're miles away from that, we can't carry a player like Maddison.

Club bias isn’t what you think it is.

This situation Maddison has here is the same as GS not playing Grealish in the form of his life last time out because he only plays for Villa. Likewise Maddison is in outstanding form but won’t get picked because Mount plays for Chelsea and Henderson for Liverpool.

The idea that we needed someone defensive for Wales and US is hilarious. We needed someone who could break the lines, beat a man and play a cute pass. You could argue that that’s what Kane does, and I’d agree. It annoys me that we don’t have a 9 in an attritional tournament, but that’s an entirely different story.

Look, we’re into the next round and I’m sure we’ll beat Senegal, because he’s good at beating lesser teams in tournaments. But if we’re playing a France, Spain, or Argentina needing a spark of inspiration, past form suggests he’ll bring on Mount, or Henderson, or Ramsdale sooner than an inspirational player from a club he doesn’t like.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Club bias isn’t what you think it is.

This situation Maddison has here is the same as GS not playing Grealish in the form of his life last time out because he only plays for Villa. Likewise Maddison is in outstanding form but won’t get picked because Mount plays for Chelsea and Henderson for Liverpool.

The idea that we needed someone defensive for Wales and US is hilarious. We needed someone who could break the lines, beat a man and play a cute pass. You could argue that that’s what Kane does, and I’d agree. It annoys me that we don’t have a 9 in an attritional tournament, but that’s an entirely different story.

Look, we’re into the next round and I’m sure we’ll beat Senegal, because he’s good at beating lesser teams in tournaments. But if we’re playing a France, Spain, or Argentina needing a spark of inspiration, past form suggests he’ll bring on Mount, or Henderson, or Ramsdale sooner than an inspirational player from a club he doesn’t like.

Very true. Unfortunately, Southgate is merely a risk averse troglodyte. Wouldn't even want him if we were in the Championship  ... oh of course not, he failed there.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Dead to me? 😂 After all hes done for this club, how pathetic 

Let's be fair... he will be going somewhere.... but SPURS?????!!!???

I will even accept Newcastle on twice the wages rather than that tin pot third in a two horse race club!

36 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Let's be fair... he will be going somewhere.... but SPURS?????!!!???

I will even accept Newcastle on twice the wages rather than that tin pot third in a two horse race club!

Spurs that are twice the size of Newcastle that also happen to be located in London where Maddison and his model girlfriend more then likely want to live?

I still reckon if Leicester have a good 2nd half to the season..

Maddison & Tielemans might well  stay…..

This doesnt mean I will be shocked or suprised if they go…

If Tielemans had had a good World Cup,more likel to stay..

With such a let down he feels now,he could well feel a change in club career might

offer him something better..

Maddison on selection a good or bad world cup,depends what & how he feels

a club step up  has its value..

Disappointed I will always be, but talent always keep coming & going…

Now after World Cup,there are some good midfielders showing their talents but,not on the elite clubs of Europe lists…Its whether Leicester have the financial

wish to invest…This choice is out of Rodgers hands…So let’s not have the managers of the PL being lambasted for their lack of investments…

5 hours ago, alanf0x said:

For some strange reason he wants the Man United gig. Can see him getting it too. 

United need the sort of creative midfielder that Maddison is; Erikson is OK, but is getting on a bit now.

I'd go as far as saying Maddison has an overall better game technique than the latter and their ex-player Pogba.

Edited by Wymsey

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I still reckon if Leicester have a good 2nd half to the season..

Maddison & Tielemans might well  stay…..

Bless ya.

Btw  ..  the earth is Not flat ..  and ..  wait for it ..  Father Christmas ..  (are you sitting down) ..  ISN’T real !!  ..   :)