Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He represented Brazil in 2 friendlies. Same with Declan Rice who played 3 friendlies  for Ireland.

You can switch if you have only have played friendlies or competitive matches under the age of 21. Rice actually deliberately only played friendlies and deselected himself from competitive matches for Ireland for this reason.

Again though, Maddison’s cap was in a competitive match when he was 22, so he can’t switch.

Retire then lol

His club has nothing to do with it. Everton have done nothing of note since Pickford went there, Ramsdale is at a top club yet who plays? 

Maddison either doesn't fit in or is so far behind others in the manager's eyes. He's played for a top six team, in cup finals and in Europe. He's not been at Burnley struggling to stay up for years.

• Like 2

Its a shame for maddison to not even get a few minutes to play at a world cup especially being 3-0 up against 2 opponents and not even getting on as a sub. But Southgate obviously has his favourites and he isn't going to get any minutes barring injuries. Hope the lads play well and win but its a shame.

• Like 2

Glad England won, just don’t understand why Southgate refuses to give him any minutes. I know he doesn’t fit into his system, but what’s he going when we need to change to plan b?

I feel for him because he worked so hard to get into the squad. Will he get a medal if we will the World Cup, even if he doesn’t play?

26 minutes ago, hejammy said:

If I was Madders now I would take a "personal reasons leave" now. No point in him being there. The Mount sub just now was the final straw. Southgate can fu4k off as far as I'm concerned. Even if we win the world Cup I'll still think he's a tw4t

Southgate would love that, Southgate will be gone long before end of maddisons career, he just has to make himself available

Most annoying thing is I don’t think anyone would’ve argued too much if he’d just given him the last 15 today and nothing else for the rest of the tournament.

The guy deserves to say he’s played at a World Cup and Southgate has made himself look like a twat by not giving him that opportunity tonight. Poor man management. 

• Like 4

I can understand Southgate keeping to Mount,but not bringing on Maddison in this situation instead I just don’t understand..Getting games for all outfield squad men,must be reasonable priority .Dier ,Phillips were obvious choice to get game time in their legs ditto for..TA.A ,Wilson & Maddison.

Argentina,Germany,France ,Niederlande in those last 30-25 minutes would of carried on that Forward press. Those last 20 minutes more than the first 30minutes, in killing off the opposition  were more important…

The subs should be really pushing us forward..

That said Southgate IMO is again doing a great job…Every manager will play

their own choices & can look stubborn in their own priorities…

If England can get to the semi-finals, or even final he’s done above expectation..

I won’t murder Southgate, because of my own opinion…

Hes done well,now send the tournaments favourite the French back home,

let Mbappe have a great game,but not enough to take “Them” coquerels over the line.

The injury has stuffed him really. There was massive momentum behind him and being out of the picture for the first couple of games has relegated him to the background. Not been a peep about him in the media as England have been winning, and other forward players initially on the bench have made an impact.

Whatever Southgate may claim, that initial clamour for his inclusion would have got him some minutes on the pitch I'm sure.

Mount coming on tonight at 3-0 was the final nail in the coffin for any chance of playing now 

Edited by martyn

2 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Say you reluctantly called up Maddison, without saying you reluctantly called up Maddison 

There's no subtlety, it's in your face, stepping up to Madders and wagging a finger in his face saying he ain't gonna play him even over Pope in the front three. 

• Like 1

Gareth has evidently picked Maddison in the squad to pander to the pundits. He clearly doesn't see him as a plan B, C or D as when would have given him mins in the last two games. The sad thing is England will go behind at some point to - say France. And the plan B - Grealish, plan - C - Mount, won't cut the mustard. He knows what those players offer. Which is currently zip! So if he really saw Madders as a resource we'd have seen him by now. Come home fella.