Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, Out Foxed said:

considering how just about everything is rigged against the average person in life it's not that far fetched, is it...

better to question things than be a clueless, naïve, div. 

The seemingly reflexive need to explain in unevidenced detail how every negative outcome is yet another example of things being 'rigged', when perfectly reasonable alternative explanations exist, is not what I would call 'questioning things'. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

The seemingly reflexive need to explain in unevidenced detail how every negative outcome is yet another example of things being 'rigged', when perfectly reasonable alternative explanations exist, is not what I would call 'questioning things'. 

nice straw man

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Out Foxed said:

nice straw man

It stayed on topic (my topic, since I started our 'conversation'), and is a direct response to your claim that the specific set of people I posted about (I'll call them 'conspiracy tedes') are actually question-posing seekers of knowledge.

But go on... explain to me how it was a straw man argument

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

considering how just about everything is rigged against the average person in life it's not that far fetched, is it...

better to question things than be a clueless, naïve, div. 

What do you mean by this ?

On 06/12/2022 at 11:40, fox_up_north said:

I do think it's a shame our best English players haven't really had their chances to shine on the world stage. Vardy for the Euros/ 2018 WC and now Maddison.

Whichever way you slice it, it's a damn shame. 

Yet Maguire did..

9 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Are we sticking with 'shine' here, or majoring on the 'chance' bit?

Shine. He was in the team of the tournament wasn't he?

People just seem to be quick to point out the players who rarely played for England while at our club so I was posting the positives/the players that did feature regular for England while here.

Edited by Fox92

Just now, Fox92 said:

Shine. He was in the team of the tournament wasn't he?

People just seem to be quick to point out the players who rarely played for England while at our club so I was posting the positives/the players that did feature regular for England while here.

Yes, I understood! It was a lame joke at Maguire's expense, wrt to him being given a repeated chances to shine after quite often over the last couple of years not keeping his side of the 'you can shine now' bargain.

(presumably the same people you mention will claim that largesse is down to him being at Man U)

• Like 1

On 05/12/2022 at 23:24, lcfcbluearmy said:

That's why you give the minutes when you are comfortably winning a game so they can shake off the rustiness and be ready when/ if you need them. 

By not doing that you face a situation where something happens that means you have to play them (e.g. Illness in the camp etc) and they are still leggy because you didn't give them the minutes when you had the opportunity. That is bad management of players in the squad and that's the main annoyance not just that maddison isn't starting

No ..you are manager,you do what you believe is right..also from the outside not all factors are known..

I will admit that getting ALL your players some type of game time,seem to us obvious..doesn't mean the manager does,& doesn't mean he is a bad manager because of it..!

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

No ..you are manager,you do what you believe is right..also from the outside not all factors are known..

I will admit that getting ALL your players some type of game time,seem to us obvious..doesn't mean the manager does,& doesn't mean he is a bad manager because of it..!

Exactly, he's a bad manager for so many more reasons than this.

Leicester have put a £60m price tag on England midfielder James Maddison, 26, as they try to price Newcastle out of a move. (Football Insider)

From BBC Gossip....

£60 million - what's left on his contract this summer, a year?

I guess we have to sell if he can't be persuaded to sign a new deal but what do people think realistically we'd get for him with a year on his contract?

16 minutes ago, Nick said:

Leicester have put a £60m price tag on England midfielder James Maddison, 26, as they try to price Newcastle out of a move. (Football Insider)

From BBC Gossip....

I guess we have to sell if he can't be persuaded to sign a new deal but what do people think realistically we'd get for him with a year on his contract?

Still think someone will be getting a bargain

30 minutes ago, Nick said:

From BBC Gossip....

If it’s really a year then I’d be shocked to get that much 

1 hour ago, Nick said:

From BBC Gossip....

If he carries on his form he'll be going to a bigger club than Newcastle

• Like 2