Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

12 minutes ago, Stinky said:

As someone said above, he's probably now realised he needs to be at a top six club to get into this side, also has probably spent the last month with players from said clubs in his ear forcing a move 

He still wouldn't get a sniff.

Southgate doesn't rate him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

He didn’t rate grealish until he went to Man City 

Suppose thats true to a point. He got what 19, 22, 14, 25,1 (81) minutes this world cup. Ok i suppose for a man city player.

The reason why england fail and cant get over the hump is because we focus on who plays for who, egos etc.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

Southgate has regularly picked players from Everton, Aston Villa, Wolves, Burnley, Crystal Palace and Southampton in his squads but our players have to join Champions League clubs to be considered?

The players that get the media hype are the ones being picked. JM had no chance while pundits weren't considering him. That all changed once England started losing games in the nation's league and he was selected by most of them.

Southgate should have come out and said that I'm not picking him because I don't think he is up to it. Instead he gets in the squad after the pressure and doesn't get used.

• Like 1

Well ar least he come home fit and rested I guess, no idea why he doesn't get any time but if I was him il do a Jamie vardy and be like am retiring cos don't wana waste my time just being sat doing jack all. Good luck to everyone else hope the underdogs win 

I recall Southgate saying something along lines that he'd use Maddison when needed something different to turn a game. Tonight was that game and I'm sure Madders would have offered more than Stirling did. At least he's stayed fit and should be match ready for us over Xmas period. I can't see him going anywhere in January.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Southgate has regularly picked players from Everton, Aston Villa, Wolves, Burnley, Crystal Palace and Southampton in his squads but our players have to join Champions League clubs to be considered?

Yeah I don't think it's a club thing, although it's easy for our fans to think this given both him and Vardy now have been criminally wasted, I think it's just his style of play.

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah I don't think it's a club thing, although it's easy for our fans to think this given both him and Vardy now have been criminally wasted, I think it's just his style of play.

This is exactly it. Maddison and a Southgate team just isn't going to fit. Unless all other options are not available. He will play a bit part in some qualifiers and nations league games from now on when the others can't be arsed and pull out. 

10 hours ago, TK95 said:

The free kick Rashford had right at the dearh. Couldn't help but wonder what might have been with Madders standing over the ball

I said over and over to anyone who was in my vicinity when the squad was picked that JWP should've gone for that EXACT scenario. 

10 mins left, losing, bring him in and the opponents would be so frightened of conceding a free kick, they'd invite more pressure on themselves. 

In the event, JWP could also have been the alternative penalty CV taker to Kane (tho the pressure on the lad would've been awful to have replaced Kane as taker)