Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Madders and Newcastle are a match made in heaven. He's the piece of the jigsaw they're missing. They're a club that can look to achieve what he will be looking for with him as a regular starter.

I agree Geordies would love a player of his calibre, but why would he want them, unless money is his main motivator (unlikely)? 

Gonna die on this hill of mine. Madders will have no interest in joining Newcastle..Zilch

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I agree Geordies would love a player of his calibre, but why would he want them, unless money is his main motivator (unlikely)? 

Gonna die on this hill of mine. Madders will have no interest in joining Newcastle..Zilch

A team where he fits in perfectly, infront of Joelinton and Guimares. A team that will be chasing down the top 4 positions much more convincingly and regularly than we will be able to.

He'll have the money, he will be a key player in a system that suits him, whilst playing under an expansive manager for an incredible fan base. All while competing for trophies and going for regular top tier european football.

Perfect match and much better for him than being a cog in a wheel at any of the "big 6" where he'll be rotated and likely not even be played in a favoured position when he does get a start.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Bloody hell I think it will be a while before they can be classed a team chasing the top 4 lets see where they are come the end of the season, what can he realisticly win at Newcastle that he can't at Leicester? he's won the FA Cup, Newcastle are not winning the league, champions league or Euorpa league anytime soon imo.

He's just gonna be competing in a better team with higher aspirations in my opinion. I think people are grossly under appreciating the work they're doing.

If you don't rate them or think they'll do well then you'll think its a pointless move, which is fair enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Bloody hell I think it will be a while before they can be classed a team chasing the top 4 lets see where they are come the end of the season, what can he realisticly win at Newcastle that he can't at Leicester? he's won the FA Cup, Newcastle are not winning the league, champions league or Euorpa league anytime soon imo.

They are chasing the top 4 now - give it another season of investment they will probably be there. Newcastle will win the league in the next 5 seasons.  

• Haha 3

As with every season , there's always a few established clubs that have an iffy one.

This normally let's one of the other established clubs to have a good season.

Us in 2015/16 broke into the group, smashed it, but didn't have the long term finances to maintain it.

Newcastle do and can stay there for a long time. 

Like them or not, but the Geordie support is several levels up to us and they will absolutely love a talent like Madders ,as he's got incredible talent and that bit of swagger about him.

He'll love them as well and I could see a move there being very appealing if they are the club that comes in for him.

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

That is dependant on them attracting and signing the players of JMs quality, I fear you may be right though. 

.... and there's the whole chicken and egg. 

Players as good as Madders won't want to play for Newcastle.  Particularly when this lad has the positive celebrity Joie de vivre attitude. 

Players Like Madders (or Mahrez, or Maguire, or Chilwell)  would choose any of Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd and probably  Spurs ahead of the Geordies in a two way fight. 

Newcastle are a problem for us right now in that, if an up and coming player has a choice of, say Us, West Ham or Newcastle for a move...they'd win hands down. Newcastle have to FIND players like Madders. They can't buy them

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Everything you say here was a valid argument two years ago. What happened this season with not signing players will have such a detrimental affect on us for years. 

Not only can you not stand still at any point in the Premier League now, we've done it in a season our two best midfielders will be wanted by top 6 clubs. One of which is out of contract. So that's two gone. 

Then we have the job of replacing at least Tielemans and Maddison plus whoever else sees this as chance to jump ship. Including our manager who will be gone at the first chance he gets. 

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

They have ambition and will be in the running for top four next season, not saying they will achieve it but they will be in the running.

33 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

They have ambition and will be in the running for top four next season, not saying they will achieve it but they will be in the running.

let's see, nothing is guaranteed there are six bigger teams than Newcastle, along with others pushing for the top spots.. just because they have money to spend doesn't guarantee success.

44 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Everything you say here was a valid argument two years ago. What happened this season with not signing players will have such a detrimental affect on us for years. 

Not only can you not stand still at any point in the Premier League now, we've done it in a season our two best midfielders will be wanted by top 6 clubs. One of which is out of contract. So that's two gone. 

Then we have the job of replacing at least Tielemans and Maddison plus whoever else sees this as chance to jump ship. Including our manager who will be gone at the first chance he gets. 

I'm sure the club will know what to do, they will not let us slide.

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

A team where he fits in perfectly, infront of Joelinton and Guimares. A team that will be chasing down the top 4 positions much more convincingly and regularly than we will be able to.

He'll have the money, he will be a key player in a system that suits him, whilst playing under an expansive manager for an incredible fan base. All while competing for trophies and going for regular top tier european football.

Perfect match and much better for him than being a cog in a wheel at any of the "big 6" where he'll be rotated and likely not even be played in a favoured position when he does get a start.

Urgh it's like you don't know him at all.

14 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'm sure the club will know what to do, they will not let us slide.

I don't think it's a case of what's in their control or not though. We have basically had the pick of who we like outside of the top 6's radar. We consistently spent 7/8th most on players and had a massive chance to build on that with Champions League. 

Newcastles takeover for all the talk of it being about challenging the top teams, actually really messes it up for teams like us and West Ham more so in the short term. 

I really want to see some kind of real incentive from the club over the next 6 months to show that they are trying to make up for it but I'd be more willing to bet at a sale. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Not a chance Newcastle win the league in the next 5 years 

Why not? It’s 10 transfer windows. We won the league and who saw that coming? 

People would of chuckled at the prospect of Man City doing it, Newcastles owners are something like 10 times wealthier.

in the boardroom they will be planning on winning the league and champions league. Watch this space 

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

.... and there's the whole chicken and egg. 

Players as good as Madders won't want to play for Newcastle.  Particularly when this lad has the positive celebrity Joie de vivre attitude. 

Players Like Madders (or Mahrez, or Maguire, or Chilwell)  would choose any of Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd and probably  Spurs ahead of the Geordies in a two way fight. 

Newcastle are a problem for us right now in that, if an up and coming player has a choice of, say Us, West Ham or Newcastle for a move...they'd win hands down. Newcastle have to FIND players like Madders. They can't buy them

You’ve touched upon something here - their location is always going to hold them. You are absolutely right in saying they have to find and make players

23 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Took Man City four seasons to win the league…..

There was no other financial powerhouse around then.

Newcastle have Man City to deal with and they won't finish above Man City, especially while Pep is still there.

13 hours ago, filbertway said:

He's just gonna be competing in a better team with higher aspirations in my opinion. I think people are grossly under appreciating the work they're doing.

If you don't rate them or think they'll do well then you'll think its a pointless move, which is fair enough.

It's been half a season lol

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

There was no other financial powerhouse around then.

Newcastle have Man City to deal with and they won't finish above Man City, especially while Pep is still there.

No way is Pep still there in 3-4 years.  He will take a break again.

Newcastle have unbelievable backing and what appears to be sensible management.  They will be top 4 no doubt.

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

No way is Pep still there in 3-4 years.  He will take a break again.

Newcastle have unbelievable backing and what appears to be sensible management.  They will be top 4 no doubt.

Instead of which club?

People getting way ahead of themselves with Newcastle.