Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I predict no one will pay that ….

well we turned down 50m in the summer and we know how hard a bargain our owners like to drive..  he doesn’t seem to be tarting himself around like Riyad and Fofana did so he’ll stay if they don’t pay what we want.

13 hours ago, los dedos said:

Dunno you simping over Newcastle is pretty funny. 

Haha soft spot for them as a good mate supports them, so feel like I almost know as much about them as I do Leicester :D

Different side of the same coin that has people writing them off because they hate the fact that the now have more money than us and are on an upward trajectory.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

Haha soft spot for them as a good mate supports them, so feel like I almost know as much about them as I do Leicester :D

Different side of the same coin that has people writing them off because they hate the fact that the now have more money than us and are on an upward trajectory.

Geordies as individuals are fine, but I really can't stand the we are more passionate,loyal and better than anyone mentality. If you're older you'll remember going to a half empty St James Park. 

On the point of Maddison as I said on another post he's not going to go there on the chance they might become a Champs league regularly he'll want guaranteed qualification and trophies. 

Maybe if he was 28/29 he would go there for a pay day but not in his prime!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

I like the Geordies. Always have. But you (and many others on here) do seem very defeatist.

I don't accept, and nor do our owners/players/management (now he seems to have got over his sulk), we should just roll over in the face of competition. Bring it on. I'm still up for the fight. You seem less so

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Very much the opposite. I believe we need to operate intelligently and being terrified of losing players we develop is going to stifle us. We want to be self sufficient, we need to have faith in the process. The minute we're petrified of selling out players to other teams the minute we may as well pack up and just accept being a bottom half premier league team.

The conveyor belt is our only legitimate way of challenging at the top end of the table. If we don't believe in that process we'll simply not be able to compete as we will be letting players walk for free rather than recycling the money.

We can't afford to be collecting players and holding on to them till they walk away from free. We can't just pull money out of nowhere to keep signing new squads without any meaningful revenue.

I'm not coming from a place of being defeatist, i'm someone who truely believes in the system and believe it's the only way we can continue to bloody the noses of the teams with more financial clout than us. We need to be smarter than them. Desperately trying to cling onto players that look like they're going to run down their contracts is not a positive move. 

Fair points, well made. 

However, selling your best players to the big 5 or 6 is one thing, equipping  direct competitor is another. 

Not least is that, we want our future signings to feel that Leicester is the last stop en route to the big time. That helps us attract players..if we suddenly self relegate ourselves to 'the last but one stop', we will have shot ourselves in the foot.

If Newcastle offered us 60m and Man City 50m, I'd accept Man City and tell the Geordies to shop elsewhere. It's a moot point however..he wont wanna go there. 

• Like 1

On 17/12/2022 at 14:30, UHDrive said:

Next summer we'll free up a considerable amount of salary headroom with departing players. The incoming ones (I believe BR is looking for 3/4 quality ones I.e. LB/DM/RW/CB) should leave sufficient headroom for a big push for a new contract for madders pushing £200k p/w on a 6 year deal imo. I think he'd do it for the club even if he moves on for a sizeable fee or he becomes a city legend and gets rich doing it anyway. 

200k a week financial madness , 

13 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Fair points, well made. 

However, selling your best players to the big 5 or 6 is one thing, equipping  direct competitor is another. 

Not least is that, we want our future signings to feel that Leicester is the last stop en route to the big time. That helps us attract players..if we suddenly self relegate ourselves to 'the last but one stop', we will have shot ourselves in the foot.

If Newcastle offered us 60m and Man City 50m, I'd accept Man City and tell the Geordies to shop elsewhere. It's a moot point however..he wont wanna go there. 

I mean I'd opt to choose that he goes to a club where he doesn't fit in for as much money as possible. Ideally Man U are still a joke of a club and put in a mad bid.

I'm just saying that I believe the logical choice of his next club is the one where there's a Maddison shaped hole is Maddison. All of the other teams either don't need him or don't play a system that suits him.

If it's between selling him to toon for 50 million or letting him walk for free to them next summer I know which I'd choose. I'd love to think one of the big 6 would be dumb enough to sign him, but I just can't see it.

The fear factor,is totally in individual fans perspective of on losing /transfers of our

top talent…

Yes I like all our star players…Maddison,Tielemans and big guy Soyuncu.

Still hope they stay,and there are small twists in these 3 stories.

But as ever life ,and LCFC will goe on,  other players will come along & honour our badge…

Too many FTers fall to clickbait & bite everytime..

Then build up OTT debate & discussions,ever creating blame platforms…

.its quite silly. Let the media have their runs on clickbait,Foxes fans don’t need to be pulled in…

I reckon Rodgers charges,no matter who we may finish  with,

WE are going to see further successfull seasons…

On 15/12/2022 at 22:25, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Short career yes...... But if they average 30k a week for 15 years they still earn a pretax 23m..... 

Hardly buying smart price beans are they, so I don't see that as a valid argument

23m pre-tax = 12m post tax. And you've already bought a 5m house and a 2m house for your mum....Those cars and trainer collections ain't cheap, you're missus has spent another 100k on a 'magical christmas for the kids', that $2.5m pad in the States thay you have you'r eye on just became available, you lost 500k in that stupid Dubai casio after a few too many sherberts, and the gas bill for your properties just came in at 200k for the year.....

Edited by jim5000

6 hours ago, jim5000 said:

23m pre-tax = 12m post tax. And you've already bought a 5m house and a 2m house for your mum....Those cars and trainer collections ain't cheap, you're missus has spent another 100k on a 'magical christmas for the kids', that $2.5m pad in the States thay you have you'r eye on just became available, you lost 500k in that stupid Dubai casio after a few too many sherberts, and the gas bill for your properties just came in at 200k for the year.....

Oh poor them!

Madison would be better off waiting a year before considering an offer from Newcastle, whilst the Toon have done well there is every chance they drop off/implode the disruption of the World Cup may have killed all their momentum and we don't know how Eddie Howe will cope with the pressure of a run in, we've seen first hand how tough it is to maintain a top 4 challenge all season (see also West Ham). See if an actual big club comes in rather than a hoping to be big club. He will not be short of offers in 12/18 months time.

9 hours ago, los dedos said:

Surely Madders should be back if these lot are !🤔

We are often very lenient with our players on time off. Perhaps Rodgers has sensed Maddison could be seriously disappointed with the last month and has told him to go and get larrupsed with his missus and come back after Xmas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We are often very lenient with our players on time off. Perhaps Rodgers has sensed Maddison could be seriously disappointed with the last month and has told him to go and get larrupsed with his missus and come back after Xmas.

Understand that but surely he needs some minutes in the tank before Boxing day .:dunno:

• Like 1