Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

35 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’ll be at Newcastle sooner rather than later. If he doesn’t go in January then he’ll be there in the summer. 

He doesn't want to make a move up north though does he? The in the knows that I'm aware of have said he'd only consider a move down south I.e  London or to stay where he is.

Edit: The sheer knowledge of pi*sing off the toon army with this makes me feel comfortably aroused. 

Edited by UHDrive
Fact

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

He doesn't want to make a move up north though does he? The in the knows that I'm aware of have said he'd only consider a move down south I.e  London or to stay where he is.

I’m certain this could be viable regarding Newcastle, but he wouldn’t reject any of the top three in the northwest.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Source?

There is no source attached to my suggestion. Unfortunately we can’t compete with those clubs I allude to, but I still feel we can give Newcastle competition for players. Well I certainly hope for this to be the case for reasons similar to your edit of the original post!

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

There is no source attached to my suggestion. Unfortunately we can’t compete with those clubs I allude to, but I still feel we can give Newcastle competition for players. Well I certainly hope for this to be the case for reasons similar to your edit of the original post!

I have one reputable source on twitter who has always been spot on. He says that madders wouldn't look north for personnel reasons.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Edit: The sheer knowledge of pi*sing off the toon army with this makes me feel comfortably aroused. 

Has he come out and said that then??

14 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

i'd be very supprised if he went far from home.

Newcastle isn't in Greenland. I doubt many would debate '3.5 hours down the A1/M1 OR x hundred thou pw'. Nah, fashionable or not, if Newcastle stump up with the readies (and I'm sure they can) then it'll be a done deal - for both club and player.  I don't know Madders (obviously) so maybe he will have family/other considerations that he'll factor into any proposed deal but whatever we might think of Newcastle as a club, they are currently an attractive proposition for any young player. 

My thinking over whether this will or won't happen in Jan is more to do with Newcastle and whether they'll actually make an offer. I'm not so sure they will. I don't know their squad but do they need extra bodies just yet? They're doing alright at the moment so it could be a case of 'ain't broke, don't fix it'. Tbh, I think most of the noise is media talk and fan excitement - but we'll see soon enough. 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I think just common sense dictates it to be honest lol

Common sense says that he would go to any of the new Big 7?

He signed for us because it was close to home, he may have changed but I just don't see him signing a long contract with any big club, he's intelligent, he knows he can bide his time and there's a fair chance he can go where he actually wants to be, why sign away 4 years of your life at this tage in his career?

Others have mentioned that they've been told he doesn't want to go North and doesn't want to be that far from home.

13 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He signed for us because it was close to home, he may have changed but I just don't see him signing a long contract with any big club, he's intelligent, he knows he can bide his time and there's a fair chance he can go where he actually wants to be, why sign away 4 years of your life at this tage in his career?

Others have mentioned that they've been told he doesn't want to go North and doesn't want to be that far from home.

Well he's limiting himself to about 3 clubs in that case then.

I love that any club down south == close to home. Clubs up north == never see family again due to mad distance.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He didn't. He signed for us as we, and I remember the quote from someone at Norwich or saints, 'blew Southampton out of the water' with an offer. 

He came for money and career progression,.like most players would 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

He's told you this?

Amazing how opinions, based on nothing, become facts on here.

Through a mutual friend that was with him during the World Cup. He would jump at any of those clubs now. Just pointing out that those saying he wouldn’t because of being away from the family due to distance is incorrect. He is ready to make the next step up in his career and we wouldn’t stand in his way

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He came for money and career progression,.like most players would 

I think that really is the salient issue. Sure, money's a factor (more so at the tail end of your career, when you're looking for those final pay cheques) but it's part of a package. As I said, Newcastle are an attractive proposition at the moment (whatever one might think of them morally/ethically) and they look like they'll be in Europe next season - on the bigger stage. As a young player, with the bigger stage on offer, what's not to like? That's what it's about innit?