Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

There is a lot of copium in this thread. If Newcastle come in seriously he will go there. They are a bigger prospect than us now and in the future, there is no shame in admitting that we can’t compete with state sponsored clubs. 

I just hope we get a good price and reinvest it wisely. 

• Like 1

Maddison will go Newcastle all day long. 

It's obvious they are a team heading in the right direction and sooner rather than later they will start to win trophies. 

The wage increase would be massive, they are well supported and they have a good manager. The list goes on...i think for most players now they would be an attractive option.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

That's where we differ. Newcastle don't offer any major career progression on us in these next 3 or 4 years - and, tied to a 5 year deal - that's it. Never played for a 'big club', a la Shearer. 

The lad has big club written all over him. The skill, the charisma, the handling of TV media, his social media presence. 

Thats why he is playing for us..........

6 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

If Newcastle want him and want to build a team around him then he will go.  They can and will offer far more than we can and he will walk into a team that will be going places.  We all need to face reality.  Maddison is not a Leicester fan.

No argument with any of that, but if an established CL club come in for him he won’t be going to Newcastle. 

People seem to be forgetting that the first step of Newcastle signing James Maddison is having a bid accepted and seeing as their last evaluation of him was £45m... it's fair to say that we are a million miles off that happening as it stands. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

The thing that strikes me with Maddison and any move to Newcastle is it limits his options.

He is good enough to play for a top CL team, if he goes Newcastle he's not going to find it easy to leave there for someone else.

There is no guarantee he see success at Newcastle, it took Man City 4 season to win the league. In 4 seasons he's 30.

If it was a Man C, Liverpool I think he would be gone, but I'm not sure Newcastle is the same.

If he goes Liverpool under Klopp his reputation will go backwards, he is just not suited to how Liverpool play under Klopp. Man City he's another Grealish, just a small bit part player.

Not sure where the enjoyment is in moving to either of those clubs for him.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

If he goes Liverpool under Klopp his reputation will go backwards, he is just not suited to how Liverpool play under Klopp. Man City he's another Grealish, just a small bit part player.

Not sure where the enjoyment is in moving to either of those clubs for him.

I'm sure if he looked hard enough he might find it somewhere between the massive payrise, Champions League football and regular trophies

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Guest said:

I'm sure if he looked hard enough he might find it somewhere between the massive payrise, Champions League football and regular trophies

Regular trophies are fun if you play a part in them, honestly don't understand how someone can play about 10-15 games a season and claims to have some role in the trophies. Sounds absolutely hollow to me. I really hope I'm right and the lads isn't that much of a sap.

42 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Regular trophies are fun if you play a part in them, honestly don't understand how someone can play about 10-15 games a season and claims to have some role in the trophies. Sounds absolutely hollow to me. I really hope I'm right and the lads isn't that much of a sap.

Well yeah I hope you're right too but if Man City were interested and he decided he fancied it, it wouldn't exactly be one of the great mysteries of our time, would it? As far as I can tell he doesn't lack for confidence either so I suspect he may fancy his chances of playing a few more games than that. I don't think you have to be king of the saps to look at the prospect of playing in Europe every year under one of the best managers ever and working every day alongside the likes of Haaland and De Bruyne to think "yes I could find enjoyment in that", but maybe the romantic side of him would win out.

• Like 2

Not sure if it’s been said in the more recent pages on this thread, but it’s disappointing to see Madders sunning it up in Dubai, whilst his England team mates, most of whome played some part in games whilst in Qatar are back and have played for their clubs over the last 48hrs.

The 3 x Newcastle lads started last night, Rashford, Casemiro, Fernandes, Eriksen all started for Utd tonight. 

Maybe he’s got a knock, maybe BR has told him to have a break, but it’s a different mentality with elite players, which I think shows a chink in Madder’s armour. Possibly being a little harsh here but other players wanna get back and start playing immediately, be nice if Madders did too!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Not sure if it’s been said in the more recent pages on this thread, but it’s disappointing to see Madders sunning it up in Dubai, whilst his England team mates, most of whome played some part in games whilst in Qatar are back and have played for their clubs over the last 48hrs.

The 3 x Newcastle lads started last night, Rashford, Casemiro, Fernandes, Eriksen all started for Utd tonight. 

Maybe he’s got a knock, maybe BR has told him to have a break, but it’s a different mentality with elite players, which I think shows a chink in Madder’s armour. Possibly being a little harsh here but other players wanna get back and start playing immediately, be nice if Madders did too!

Even this guy is back .😅

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Absolutely agree. The usual lack of information coming out of the club doesn't help either. Maybe he is still injured but surely it would be better if he was back at the club getting the necessary treatment to regain full fitness.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He should really be aiming a lot higher than Newcastle

Nub of it for me, without disrespect to Newcastle. The Mahrez comparison is a useful one; Riyad has definitely become a better player since leaving us and that is, in no small measure and with no disrespect to us, due to where he went.

I think he will go to Liverpool or Man Utd. As soon as one club sounds him out,  think there will be a few of the big teams in for him.

He is the type of player that would improve both of those teams.

Still think he has bigger ambitions than Newcastle.

21 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

I think he will go to Liverpool or Man Utd. As soon as one club sounds him out,  think there will be a few of the big teams in for him.

He is the type of player that would improve both of those teams.

Still think he has bigger ambitions than Newcastle.

Don't personally think he's athletic enough for a Klopp midfield but who knows. 

Think he'd be excellent under Ten Hag though.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1