Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Have heard he's an absolutely wimp when it comes to injuries and he's not particularly good at rehab so he could have slipped back into his old habits.

22 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Virtually everyone else who played in the World Cup appears to be back in action. Our Madders doesn’t play a minute, and returns injured. 

The footballing gods may have been with us in 2015/16, but right now, we appear to have offended them

It's the goal music

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not that he's anywhere near ready to start for us but Maddison struggling would possibly have opened the door for Will Alves and yet he's also out for the season. It's just never ending for us.

I think it's very optimistic to say that Alves would have a chance in the side to come in for Maddison because he had a couple of nice touches against MK Dons. Rodgers would probably rather play Praet up there with crutches before Alves.

15 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Wonder if BR will go all defensive just like against Man City earlier in the season and sit deep hoping to nick a goal?

Exactly how he'll go. It's how he's played against the more attacking teams. It worked in the home game last season so he'll stick with it. 

I don't think it'll work again. We have Barnes and one striker as a creative outlet. It'll be a long night tomorrow. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Picked up 2 serious injuries around big tournaments that's why you probably think that. 

I've not looked but I think if you look at his stats more closely you will see he played plenty of games on a par with most others I would say.

Don't take any notice of the media mate they love to build someone up and shoot them down. Doesn't mean it has any substance though.. 

similar to reus

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Having been one of his biggest critics - like everyone else - the best position for Perez is that Maddison free role in the middle. I thought he did ok when he came on v Newcastle.

If Madders is out for a while we could do worse than give Perez a go in the middle. Have I had too many Xmas cocktails?

Yes - he doesn’t have the physical strength to cope there without the skill set to draw fouls (like madders) 

I hope it’s not like his hip issue but fingers crossed the medics figure it out. Madders not the type of player who likes to sit out.

you can see in the Newcastle game how much he was huffing & puffing. He wanted to get out there and do something and why wouldn’t he? He knows he could have affected that game and how much the team needed him. Give it a few weeks let’s see if some rehab sorts his knee out.

as for January sales the club don’t want to sell him and I’m not 100% sure madders wants to go to Newcastle. He’s an ambitious guy and will have set his sights much higher. Newcastle will start tumbling once they play the better teams starting with arsenal.