Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

I'm hopeful that out of all of the players that either he or Tielemans will sign a new deal. Both of them have said many times that they are settled with their family's and prefer it that way in this region. We'll see I guess .

Could be back this weekend. 

been in training this week :scarf:

Maddison could make Foxes return

Leicester v Brighton (Sat, 15:00 GMT)

8115d491-a9dd-4238-9034-d6e56b2cbca4.jpg

Leicester City

image.gif.89ce3fc3fd4ca7a298cfa7b6e9d8b0bb.gif
PA MediaCopyright: PA Media

Brendan Rodgers says that England midfielder James Maddison could make a return for Leicester this weekend: "He's doing very well, so we’re hoping he can be involved in the squad. He's not featured since the West Ham game, before the World Cup.

"Just seeing him on the pitch this week, he’s such a gift as a player. The confidence he gives other players, that’s when you know you've got a great player. Then it’s just a case of picking the right moments to put him in."

Rodgers added that Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall is also back in training so could return as well, while Dennis Praet is "back and fine" and on Ayoze Perez, Rodgers said "we have to wait and see, but if not this week, then hopefully next."

Edited by Foxes96
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Heard he’s trying to force a move away this January to Newcastle and is refusing to play and blaming the “injury”. Hopefully it’s not true but they are offering him stupid money that we have no chance to match. 

Well I got told that Maddison needs knee surgery and the club are hiding how bad the injury is.... Don't believe it as makes no sense to do that what so ever but just shows how much false info there is going about as these two are completely contradictory 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hold on, I thought he was forcing a move out and refusing to train or play according to some members on here lol lol

He was, but I've heard that the imminent signing of our new Danish left back has persuaded Maddison to return to the team. In fact he's so happy about it he wants to sign a new contract and is willing to accept a cut in salary. According to my source anyway ;)

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm not sure Maddison would refuse to play, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were happy to cash in if we got a big offer. It's a huge risk given it could relegate us however. 

I’ve been saying it for months. He is not interested in signing a new deal and won’t.  He was genuinely injured of late and this was not linked to any transfers. That will come in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There was no timeline for him being back last week, now he's ready to return...

It's got to be Maddison. Didn't this happen last time he was injured? Just doesn't seem the type to push himself to want to play.

Anyway, as I've said before, Rodgers isn't a doctor. The medical team will brief him so if he's inconsistent with answering questions regarding injuries surely it is coming from them.

• Like 2

No news on injury or timeline when he may be fit........... what is going on? are we are hiding something, he doesn't want to be here anymore/ secret talks to flog him to Newcastle/ he has fallen out with BR/pick any other conspiracy theory

Told he may be in contention for a return at the weekend......... typical rushing back unfit players, our medical team/BR don't know what they are doing, we will ruin him/pick another theory

Maybe the lad was just getting some pain in his knee, needed some time to rest it until both he and the club felt confident that he was fully fit

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There was no timeline for him being back last week, now he's ready to return...

That’s because you hang on every word that is spoken..don’t worry naivety runs through the FT forum…

Never speak & promise the world…let the situation slowly open up its own doors..

Rodgers might just be learning…fans as well..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

That’s because use you hang on every word that is spoken..don’t worry naivety runs through the FT forum…

Never speak & promise the world…let the situation slowly open up its own doors..

Rodgers might just be learning…fans as well..

Maybe.

Maybe he's being rushed back.

Maybe he wasn't really injured and it was personal issues.

I guess only those very close to the club will know :)