Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

In this article, suggests Maddison would prefer other options to Newcastle if and when he leaves, wasn't expecting that:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/01/19/newcastles-january-transfer-plan-targets-eddie-howe-wants/

He'll want to hold out for a club that already competes for multiple trophies and not a "project".

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 hours ago, TJQuik said:

He'll want to hold out for a club that already competes for multiple trophies and not a "project".

Have heard he wants one of the Manchester clubs ideally. Both are keen on him too.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

They’ll still be plenty on here who boo him and call him a snake. I’ll wish him well though, one of the best players ever to wear the Leicester shirt, clearly way too good for the rest of our squad and dragged us to so many points the past 18 months. And will always be one of our FA Cup winning greats.

• Like 4

If he does go hopefully it is to one of the Manchester clubs or even Arsenal as he deserves better than Newcastle or spurs. Hope he can sort his injury issues out finish the season playing like he did before Xmas and get us out the sh** a bit 😂 

• Like 1

Hope he doesn’t go to Manchester City. As good as he is, he’ll spend half his time on the bench. Man Utd, Spurs would both be good clubs for him. 

I think he’s overtaken Muzzy as the best midfielder I’ve seen play for us. Last two seasons he’s almost reached Mahrez levels in my opinion. He’ll be greatly missed! 

2 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Hope he doesn’t go to Manchester City. As good as he is, he’ll spend half his time on the bench. Man Utd, Spurs would both be good clubs for him. 

I think he’s overtaken Muzzy as the best midfielder I’ve seen play for us. Last two seasons he’s almost reached Mahrez levels in my opinion. He’ll be greatly missed! 

Man U!? I wouldn't have wished Man U on our most hated player! VILE club, VILE FANS (except madders if it's true that he does indeed support the scum)

Edited by hejammy

Normally I'd whinge and moan that players should stay etc and try and win things here.  But recently, like others have said, I don't blame anyone currently for wanting out. Good luck to him.  We are going backwards, everyone can see it (though a lot are still in total denial) and we look like our fall might be as drastic as our rise was. 

9 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Anyone think he'll stay if we offered him a 5 year £200k p/w package with an informal agreement to leave after a year? 

Personally I think that would do the club better in more ways than one.

We can’t afford to offer wages like that. We need to get back to buying young and selling for profit. Trying to keep players and offering them more money is what’s got us into this mess now.

• Like 1

As far as tomorrow goes, I would be happy at the prospect of having him back *if* I had any confidence that our medical team provides a firm date for a return after injury, and our players didn't often get reinjured.

As it is, I don't even have faith - and if adding a week to his recovery would help the player to a point of proper, lasting strength then that's what's best for everyone except maybe Brendan.

16 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

In this article, suggests Maddison would prefer other options to Newcastle if and when he leaves, wasn't expecting that:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/01/19/newcastles-january-transfer-plan-targets-eddie-howe-wants/

Plenty on here have been absolutely unequivocal from day 1 he wouldn't join Newcastle. Not. A. Chance..

Plenty of others on here that seem happy to act as Newcastle's fluffer though. Bit odd. Not for me.