Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

We can’t afford to offer wages like that. We need to get back to buying young and selling for profit. Trying to keep players and offering them more money is what’s got us into this mess now.

Yeah I get that. When perez goes there's not just no playmaker bar maddison left, but when maddison goes too in the summer (assume) then we lose our set piece ability entirely because Tielemans is gone as well.

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Plenty on here have been absolutely unequivocal from day 1 he wouldn't join Newcastle. Not. A. Chance..

Plenty of others on here that seem happy to act as Newcastle's fluffer though. Bit odd. Not for me. 

Fair enough - a few highly regarded journalists said he was interested in a move so you can see why people came to a different conclusion.

Respect Maddison far more if it's true, Newcastle are an immoral club. 

20 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Plenty on here have been absolutely unequivocal from day 1 he wouldn't join Newcastle. Not. A. Chance..

Plenty of others on here that seem happy to act as Newcastle's fluffer though. Bit odd. Not for me. 

And that we shouldn't take the first offer that came. The more clubs interested the better.

Gonna be shite when he leaves but if he went to Spurs even more so. Earnt the right to play for a huge club and Man Utd look like they've finally got their collective head screwed on and they'll soon have new owners. Spurs wouldn't be a better move for him than Newcastle imo.

27 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Gonna be shite when he leaves but if he went to Spurs even more so. Earnt the right to play for a huge club and Man Utd look like they've finally got their collective head screwed on and they'll soon have new owners. Spurs wouldn't be a better move for him than Newcastle imo.

Newcastle will win a trophy before Spurs yeah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Anyone think he'll stay if we offered him a 5 year £200k p/w package with an informal agreement to leave after a year? 

Personally I think that would do the club better in more ways than one.

Rumours were flying around a while back that he was offered a deal to become the best paid player in our history and he didn’t sign it back then, this was before things have gotten as bad as they have. 

He clearly wants out and won’t be signing any sort of deal so we’ll have to hope we can get good money in the summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

We can’t afford to offer wages like that. We need to get back to buying young and selling for profit. Trying to keep players and offering them more money is what’s got us into this mess now.

Indeed, the starting contracts need to be better, younger players signed give them circa 20-40k a week on a 6 year deal. 

I just can't see it working out for him at one of the clubs that collect good attacking players. Strikes me at the type that wants to play regularly, but maybe he'll be happy to sign a 5 year contract and pick up a massive packet whilst being a small cog in a big wheel. 

Wherever he ends up, his effort and form in the past 12-18 months have been excellent in the main and he'll fully deserve it. Wouldn't put it past him to stay with us one more year and take his pick of clubs next summer. It's only one more year and then he'll get a fat signing on fee + mega wages.

Assuming he doesn't think his injury issues will become much worse.

I don't want to jinx anything, but it's been weirdly quiet regarding Maddison this month. Even putting aside the World Cup mess, considering the heavy links from summer through to Nov with Newcastle, I thought there would have been much more speculation and rumours about a potential move. 

I'm already resigned to losing him at some point, but I wonder if Newcastle were put off by our stance (which is good) and then they'll just try and get him for slightly cheaper in summer, but then face competition from several other clubs no doubt. 

Hope it stays quiet and there's no deadline day drama... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't want to jinx anything, but it's been weirdly quiet regarding Maddison this month. Even putting aside the World Cup mess, considering the heavy links from summer through to Nov with Newcastle, I thought there would have been much more speculation and rumours about a potential move. 

I'm already resigned to losing him at some point, but I wonder if Newcastle were put off by our stance (which is good) and then they'll just try and get him for slightly cheaper in summer, but then face competition from several other clubs no doubt. 

He's posting on Insta again, which i consider a good sign. Posted a picture at training as well. I agree that speculation is quiet but my current thinking this is due to a summer deal somewhere nailed in.

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

From the outside it seems Newcastle are more interested in getting Gordon from Everton at the minute.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

He was never going to leave this month. But we'd better enjoy him while we can for the remainder of the season as I think he'll be off in the summer.

• Like 3

Madders is just class. When he came on against Brighton you could just sense how much the opposition feared him. They went straight into him with heavy tackles. They knew he was immediate danger. Up until then there was no worries over Vardy or Daka. Remember when Vardy used to strike fear in defenders? The great man has lost his mojo sadly. All we have now are vintage goals reels on YouTube to reminisce about the good times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Madders is just class. When he came on against Brighton you could just sense how much the opposition feared him. They went straight into him with heavy tackles. They knew he was immediate danger. Up until then there was no worries over Vardy or Daka. Remember when Vardy used to strike fear in defenders? The great man has lost his mojo sadly. All we have now are vintage goals reels on YouTube to reminisce about the good times.

I agree. Put him out to pasture, he really should jack at the end of this season.