Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone thinking that madders has no intention of going to newcastle or even considering it needs to tell me why he’s begun following a load of their players on insta - and vice versa.  Wilson and trippier I can understand but Jacob Murphy. Matt target and Almiron!

He also follows loads of footballers, many from Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, etc. :dunno:

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Anyone thinking that madders has no intention of going to newcastle or even considering it needs to tell me why he’s begun following a load of their players on insta - and vice versa.  Wilson and trippier I can understand but Jacob Murphy. Matt target and Almiron!

He doesnt follow Almiron? Hes the most ‘London life’ bloke ive ever seen in my life, if he doesnt end up at Tottenham, Arsenal or Chelsea i’ll be absolutely amazed. Maddison in the summer will have 12 months left on his contract and have the pick of any of the top clubs in England. Cant imagine Newcastle United and living in the North East will be particularly high on the list no matter how much their deluded fanbase think

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

He doesnt follow Almiron? Hes the most ‘London life’ bloke ive ever seen in my life, if he doesnt end up at Tottenham, Arsenal or Chelsea ill be absolutely amazed. Maddison in the summer will have 12 months left on his contract and have the pick of any of the top clubs in England. Cant imagine Newcastle United and living in the North East will be particularly high on the list no matter how much their deluded fanbase think

Yeah, but if they win the league cup….

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

He doesnt follow Almiron? Hes the most ‘London life’ bloke ive ever seen in my life, if he doesnt end up at Tottenham, Arsenal or Chelsea ill be absolutely amazed. Maddison in the summer will have 12 months left on his contract and have the pick of any of the top clubs in England. Cant imagine Newcastle United and living in the North East will be particularly high on the list no matter how much their deluded fanbase think

I think you’re right re Almiron 

the tweet I read looks to have been wrong 

so it’s tosh 

On 28/01/2023 at 20:45, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I'd laugh at Newcastle it if he didn't go there..... they've had a a hard-on for him since the last transfer window. 

And now looking at their forum they all reckon they'll get him on transfer deadline day 😂

It's in hope more than expectation. I don't think anyone (apart from an excitable few on Twitter) genuinely expect him to move in January. 

If he has no intention of signing a new contract with you boys, it'll be a busy market for him in the summer. Given our behaviour of tracking targets over multiple transfer windows, it'd be surprised if we didn't test the waters again. Always get the feeling a bigger fish will come in for him though. 

• Like 1

On 28/01/2023 at 20:52, South Shire Fox said:

He doesnt follow Almiron? Hes the most ‘London life’ bloke ive ever seen in my life, if he doesnt end up at Tottenham, Arsenal or Chelsea i’ll be absolutely amazed. Maddison in the summer will have 12 months left on his contract and have the pick of any of the top clubs in England. Cant imagine Newcastle United and living in the North East will be particularly high on the list no matter how much their deluded fanbase think

I think you're correct on him liking the party life but can't see him going to Spuds with their tradition of failure.

Arsenal don't seem too interested, Odegaard seems to be doing a great job for them, Youri appears to be on their radar more.

Which leaves Chelsea, and as they sign everyone seemingly at whatever price he may be destined for them.

However his big mate Jack is at a team in a very big party town (assuming he's not sold) and if he wants to play and win stuff then the other City might be the place he chooses.

Really the world is his lobster.

On 28/01/2023 at 20:52, South Shire Fox said:

It's less delusion and more blind hope,

I've just moved from London, I enjoy visiting but I hated living there. I can imagine being paid millions of pounds might have enhanced the lifestyle a touch though.