Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

When you find out we're offering charlatans like Jack Harrison £100k a week then I've little concern for our perceived FFP issues. 

Is that right Ric? 100k for Harrrison?!

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Is that right Ric? 100k for Harrrison?!

Seriously - we did not offer Harrison a straight 100k salary

if there is anything in that number then it has s/o fees as part of it - add in that his agent would inflate our offer to get Leeds to up theirs and we probably offered around 70/75k as a weekly amount. 

18 hours ago, adam95581 said:

That’s fine and I agree with the sentiment but you can’t divorce it from FFP / sustainability. 

The issue is that when we next go to sign a player that we’re ‘reaching for’ (e.g. arguably out of our league, lots of suitors etc.) they are likely to want to be paid close to the top earners. We’ve then got a decision as to whether we say yes and drive our wage bill up, or say no and risk losing players. 

I just don’t think it’s as easy as ‘pay him more because he deserves it’ and that’s why I think he’ll move on in the summer unfortunately. 

Give him Tielemans salary, sorted. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

When you find out we're offering charlatans like Jack Harrison £100k a week then I've little concern for our perceived FFP issues. 

Wage bill will reduce significantly in the summer anyway with players out of contract and not renewing.

To think where he's come from, when he first came in, he looked a one trick pony, take the ball in turn 180 and fall over drawing a foul. Now he's one of the best central midfielders in the league. And he's ours! 

I will admit I was one that wasn't a fan and thought he wasn't strong enough to go onto do anything, how wrong was I? He's absolutely bossing it, the scary part is I still don't think he's anywhere near his peak. Going to go on and win alot of accolades and trophy's, just be nice if they are with us. 

I think its simply too late.  We should have pulled a fofana and given him a new deal as soon as he put in a few positive performances last season.  This late in the day theres just no real benefit to him signing a new deal if he wants to go... it hurts but its where we are. 

Im really hoping newcastle find a way to miss out on the champions league. Cant see him going there without it. 

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

To think where he's come from, when he first came in, he looked a one trick pony, take the ball in turn 180 and fall over drawing a foul. Now he's one of the best central midfielders in the league. And he's ours! 

I will admit I was one that wasn't a fan and thought he wasn't strong enough to go onto do anything, how wrong was I? He's absolutely bossing it, the scary part is I still don't think he's anywhere near his peak. Going to go on and win alot of accolades and trophy's, just be nice if they are with us. 

Did you really think that? I remember straight from pre-season thinking we've absolutely nailed this. His real blip didnt come until much later on and it was after the hip injury. 

Theres no doubt he's improved but he's been in our top 3 players from the day he joined. He had a talent that not many have and if you remember had the best ACM stats of an english player from his first season and only dropping out again after that injury. 

If thats not you remembering wrong than perhaps you judge too harshly. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Did you really think that? I remember straight from pre-season thinking we've absolutely nailed this. His real blip didnt come until much later on and it was after the hip injury. 

Theres no doubt he's improved but he's been in our top 3 players from the day he joined. He had a talent that not many have and if you remember had the best ACM stats of an english player from his first season and only dropping out again after that injury. 

If thats not you remembering wrong than perhaps you judge too harshly. 

I really did yeah. It was everything he received the ball, just turned 180 even when he was stood alone. When there was some one near him he would go down at the slightest touch, used to bug the heck out of me.

Judging harshly does sound alot like me though. But when im wrong I will say it.

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I really did yeah. It was everything he received the ball, just turned 180 even when he was stood alone. When there was some one near him he would go down at the slightest touch, used to bug the heck out of me.

Judging harshly does sound alot like me though. But when im wrong I will say it.

I think the biggest change in his game is that he knows when to take the foul or when to ride the challenge. He literally never rode the challenge before and it used to slow us down / mean we missed opportunities to break. 

• Like 2