Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

For me Maddison has earned the right to go wherever he wants, he's done his time with us, and we couldn't get that Champions League football that he deserves to play in.  I know he won't go abroad, but I think Real Madrid or Barcelona would be perfect for him.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

I don't think Maddison will sign anything for Leicester unfortunately. I think he will play with all he's got until the end of the season, putting us in vastly different position to the one we would have been in if he were not in the side, and then Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Newcastle will sign him. Or Chelsea if they don't take up the option on Joao Felix. 

He is a 20+ goals a season G & A contributor. They are like gold dust and the difference between winning and losing for most teams. He guarantees goals for himself or others, leaving the coach just to sort the defence. 

He's also well overdue a run of caps in the england team which will only happen with Southgate if he leaves Leicester it would seem. 

Hopefully we get 50+million in the summer and can line up Le Fee or another person we have our sights on to try to plug some of the gap that is left by a player who is not far off the capability to go on and be a great premier league midfielder.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2023 at 18:37, turtmcfly said:

18 months ago was the start of last season. And people were definitely having a pop about him at that point. Flick through from here. 

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/123630-maddison/page/96/#comments

(you'll also find plenty of moaning in the months prior to this) 

October 2021 was when he hit form, after being left out the team for a little before, so that's 16 months, sure not quite the 18 months claimed but not far off.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Sampson said:

Honestly he’s not far from Vardy, Mahrez or Kante for me. I think the last 18 months have been similar to Mahrez at his peak in terms of first touch and technical ability.

Definitely think he’s our best ever attacking midfielder. As good a player as Izzet was for us and as great a team player as Okazaki was for us, Maddison is comfortably better than either.

He’s made it into my all time Leicester 11 and I’ve been watching us 45 years + - A clear exceptional talent 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

For me Maddison has earned the right to go wherever he wants, he's done his time with us, and we couldn't get that Champions League football that he deserves to play in.  I know he won't go abroad, but I think Real Madrid or Barcelona would be perfect for him.

I'd love for him to be imaginative and join, say, Bayern or as you suggest, a Barca. I'd say the same for Youri too.

And I wouldn't rule out him doing that. He's a nice lad, thoughtful about sport in general,  with an eye on the romantic side of the game. 

This is what the dunderheads on here who seem hellbent on being Newcastle's cuck don't get. The lad don't (just) play for the money. I suspect He wants legacy, fame and trophies 

Give him the contract with the numbers but blank. Let him write the numbers in. Shake hands and sign it. 

On the plus side for me, I don’t think the club would be letting this get out of they weren’t confident…. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

Give him the contract with the numbers but blank. Let him write the numbers in. Shake hands and sign it. 

On the plus side for me, I don’t think the club would be letting this get out of they weren’t confident…. 

Surely we demand a bigger fee if we show that we want him to stay - if we aren’t trying to get him to stay then buying clubs would low ball us from the start - I would in their position. 

and madders agent will want a massive offer from us on the table to say to interested parties - ‘look what Leicester are willing to offer him to stay……you need to add 70% minimum to that’ 

• Like 1

He’s not signing unless we go crazy in the summer and spend far beyond our current means.

I don’t begrudge him a move, just make it a bloody good one where you are going to win a lot of stuff. 

Moving to a Spurs or Newcastle would leave a bitter taste. A Manchester City move, then who could begrudge that.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He’s not signing unless we go crazy in the summer and spend far beyond our current means.

I don’t begrudge him a move, just make it a bloody good one where you are going to win a lot of stuff. 

Moving to a Spurs or Newcastle would leave a bitter taste. A Manchester City move, then who could begrudge that.

Pretty much sums it up.

I also get the feeling it’s only the bloody good ones he’s after…I could massively wrong but I just don’t see him moving to Newcastle or Spurs. 

On 13/02/2023 at 21:18, st albans fox said:

Everyone knows we can’t afford to do that - we just can’t bluff that. it would be fine if his replacement was great but if he isn’t, then madders knows we have to play him.  The only edge we have on that if he isn’t playing to begin with then he won’t keep his england squad place.  I think he will definitely leave in the summer - I just think we’ll be disappointed with what we get. 

Doesn't matter. No contract extension signed then you're sold whoever you are. We can't mess about and be dictated to. We could  be c100m down on players walking out the door