Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Doesn't matter. No contract extension signed then you're sold whoever you are. We can't mess about and be dictated to. We could  be c100m down on players walking out the door 

as we’ve seen with youri, it can be difficult to move a player on if a club they want to move to doesn’t come in with an offer 

On 12/02/2023 at 13:47, Corky said:

Wage bill will reduce significantly in the summer anyway with players out of contract and not renewing.

That will quickly get replaced by new signings though, unless we do what I'd hope we'd do which is target young up and coming players or players whom coming to us represents a big wage increase anyway but without us paying £90k a week as standard.

41 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Does this not just link in with what Rodgers said the other day? In that they've done all they can to convince him and there's nothing more the club can do. Sounds like to me they've put the contract on the table...

Yep 👍 

obviously I hope he signs a new contract but if not we really have to sell him this summer and get as big a fee as possible 

we can't let another Tielemans situation happen 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He’s not signing unless we go crazy in the summer and spend far beyond our current means.

I don’t begrudge him a move, just make it a bloody good one where you are going to win a lot of stuff. 

Moving to a Spurs or Newcastle would leave a bitter taste. A Manchester City move, then who could begrudge that.

I have a feeling that the rebuild will have him involved, so as he feels it will be his team as much as it will be Brendan's. 

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That will quickly get replaced by new signings though, unless we do what I'd hope we'd do which is target young up and coming players or players whom coming to us represents a big wage increase anyway but without us paying £90k a week as standard.

Any idea what sort of wages this winters signings have come in on?

He's an elite player, besides his god given talent, he's added consistency over an extended period. He's 26 and in the prime of his career if we were in his situation most of us would be wanting to test ourselves at the highest level. He's probably already financially secure for life (so long as he doesn't buy any more embarrassing Armani gear) Whilst Leicester are in the top 20 clubs in Europe in financial terms and we've won a fair amount of silverware we are not Real Madrid or Barcelona which is the size of club befitting his talent. 

Don't think there's much we can do in persuasion. It depends if his heart is in it or not. Ideal situation we can hope for is we maintain this upturn in form for the rest of the season (potential cup win who knows) and maybe just maybe Madders will stick around for another crack at the European table.

Big ask though, particularly as Tete is even just a loan deal at the moment. Taken us this long to find a player like that and we may not be able to keep him

It's not even a discussion. He's made his mind up last summer and given the club another year out of loyalty because that's the kind of lad he is.

I'm just really saddened that with better management on all levels of the club, we could have easily been in a situation where we are fighting for top 4 and got every chance of signing him and Youri to longer deals. 

• Like 2

I’ve resigned to feeling like we’re gonna lose him to the highest bidder. Newcastle can go do one they have a very unhealthy obsession with him which is just weird.

plus they have the cash but are too stingy to pay too dollar. I hope man city don’t get him as they will just suck the souls out of him. Turn him into a grealish 2.0

Personally I’d like him to go to Madrid. I’d normally say Barca but think they club is in a bit of a mess.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If the rumours are true that we have another years option on him then I can see why he'd sign a new contract but with an agreement he can go for a particular fee (got to be at least £80m) in the next 18 months.

If we have an additional year option then we invoke it and his price is 60/80m depending on him staying fit and his england situation 

if he signs a new deal then it would probably be on the understanding that we would sell him summer 2024 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If we have an additional year option then we invoke it and his price is 60/80m depending on him staying fit and his england situation 

if he signs a new deal then it would probably be on the understanding that we would sell him summer 2024 

I'm hoping the club does this. I'm all for bringing young players into the squad but over the summer we'll be losing too many mature players as it is and hence we need to retain a proven attacking midfielder in the squad with a view to properly scouting a replacent over the next 18 months whilst the rebuild continues inbetween that period.

It baffles me how opposition fans seem to think there is a problem with his attitude because of a minor incident linked to not playing for England.

Cant think of many players with a better attitude in the whole league let alone for us, seems like a decent guy too. 

• Like 4