Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So we’re pushing for him to sign a new deal whilst he has an issue which limits his training and he’s now had another scan to try and see what’s going on 

Unbelievably,  that sounds totally legit for us! 

Where has it been said he's had to have another scan recently? I've missed that.

15 minutes ago, Nalis said:

It baffles me how opposition fans seem to think there is a problem with his attitude because of a minor incident linked to not playing for England.

Cant think of many players with a better attitude in the whole league let alone for us, seems like a decent guy too. 

He came across as a total tosser pre child with all the twerking for Cov fans online, scrapping with Leicester fans in town, wearing the Derby shirt, the photos shoot stood on a Ferrari etc. However since becoming a father he does appear to be far more focused and his performances with that have shot up.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

He came across as a total tosser pre child with all the twerking for Cov fans online, scrapping with Leicester fans in town, wearing the Derby shirt, the photos shoot stood on a Ferrari etc. However since becoming a father he does appear to be far more focused and his performances with that have shot up.

When did he scrap with Leicester fans in town? (Not saying you're lying, I've just never heard this) And the Derby shirt was a joke/bet, was it not? 

• Like 1

Give the man a blank cheque. 

We can't keep allowing our stars to keep running down their contracts either to have them leave at a cut price or on a free, it's bonkers.

If he's making noises about leaving to go to a higher level offer a gentlemans agreement that he'll be sold in a couple of years' time. 

We need him to help with the club's push for Europe next season. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Pete52 said:

When did he scrap with Leicester fans in town? (Not saying you're lying, I've just never heard this) And the Derby shirt was a joke/bet, was it not? 

Aye it was a while back now. I don't know the ins and outs but it has been mentioned on here a few times. 

The Derby shirt thing so some weak Soccer AM banter was it not, as well as growing up I think its fair to say he was likely poorly guided.

On 13/02/2023 at 21:22, fox_up_north said:

I don't necessarily think we'll be disappointed with the amount but more how the situation has played out.

Given he's not signing I'd prefer him to go to London or Manchester for about £30 million than Newcastle for £40 million. 

Would you sell your house for 300k to a stranger or accept the 400k offered by the person you know from down the pub that you don't like?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So we’re pushing for him to sign a new deal whilst he has an issue which limits his training and he’s now had another scan to try and see what’s going on 

Unbelievably,  that sounds totally legit for us! 

You don't seriously think we shouldn't be trying to get one of the best players in the country into a new contract?

• Like 1

On 14/02/2023 at 09:40, TK95 said:

Wonder where people rank him. Definitely our best number 10 for a long time. Of all the players we've sold over the years, he's definitely the one I'm gonna be most gutted about.

He's not just behind Vardy, Mahrez and Kante he's up there rubbing shoulders with them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Would you sell your house for 300k to a stranger or accept the 400k offered by the person you know from down the pub that you don't like?

The difference between that and us selling Maddison to Newcastle is the way it can strengthen a rival. There's also the political aspect. Do we want to deal with them? Does Maddison? Selling your house is a private sale between two parties. A football transfer has reverberations throughout the league. 

12 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I’d be amazed if he signs that. 

He won't sign, he's 27 in November, signing a new contract here will more than likely condemn him to one FA Cup win over his whole career and he's better than that. 

26yo is about as old as it gets to make your big move, not many players go for huge fees after this age as there is no resale value for the buying club. Maddison has the aura of a young player about him but he's got more years of his career behind him than in front of him.

He won't sign a new contract, he knows it and the club know it, this is about both parties knowing where they stand in the summer in terms of wages and fee.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

The difference between that and us selling Maddison to Newcastle is the way it can strengthen a rival. There's also the political aspect. Do we want to deal with them? Does Maddison? Selling your house is a private sale between two parties. A football transfer has reverberations throughout the league. 

Newcastle aren't our rivals, they'll probably bring in three players that cost £50m each in the summer.

Us? We'll bring in two players for £20m, we're shopping in completely different markets.

The club would be stupid to effectively pay £10m out their own pocket just for the satisfaction of seeing Newcastle not getting him.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He won't sign, he's 27 in November, signing a new contract here will more than likely condemn him to one FA Cup win over his whole career and he's better than that. 

26yo is about as old as it gets to make your big move, not many players go for huge fees after this age as there is no resale value for the buying club. Maddison has the aura of a young player about him but he's got more years of his career behind him than in front of him.

He won't sign a new contract, he knows it and the club know it, this is about both parties knowing where they stand in the summer in terms of wages and fee.

Find out in the summer whether its about money of glory.  We might offer £160/180k maybe even £200k pw, if he stays he's not risking it for more trophies.

TBF wherever he moves (top 6 or 7 @ minute), if he does, there will be more chance of trophies, we might pick a cup off here and there, but he's only got 5-6 years left.  Even Newcastle look like they might have more chance of winning trophies in the next 5 years and CL would be very attractive.

We might win the FA Cup though, that would make the choice interesting as we would then be in Europe.

He has really really developed & wants to, the sadness is mildly injury prone, so tends to miss maybe 5-8 league games a season, which we have struggled with, but one of our best over the last 5 years.

34 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

You don't seriously think we shouldn't be trying to get one of the best players in the country into a new contract?

It was a tongue in cheek comment that news comes out that we are trying to get him tied down at the same time that he’s being scanned for an issue no one understands…

We have to do it to try and bump his value up in negs with buying clubs 

I would look to sell Madders this summer while his stock is at its highest.

We've seen things can change very quickly in football, so if the right price is offered we should look to take it and reinvest.

His head could be turned, he could get injured, he might lose that spark. We really don't want to let another sellable asset walk away merrily on a free.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Newcastle aren't our rivals, they'll probably bring in three players that cost £50m each in the summer.

Us? We'll bring in two players for £20m, we're shopping in completely different markets.

The club would be stupid to effectively pay £10m out their own pocket just for the satisfaction of seeing Newcastle not getting him.

Our rivals have been every top team in the division for a few years despite what they've all spent to be fair.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Unfortunately I think your right

45 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Where is the extra year option coming from? I thought his contract was up next summer.

Basically from Tanner wording something a particular way once, which he also did for Mendy... and he didn't have the option of a year.

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

I don’t know why people obsess with how players behave off the pitch. I agree with the notion that he has been much better in the past eighteen months or so, but on-the field I never thought that he went missing / lacked effort. I would understand it if he used to put in half-arsed performances, but you’d be rewriting history if you claimed that this was the case.

Also not sure about the story about him ‘scrapping with Leicester fans in town.’ I have literally never heard that, I am not saying that it didn’t happen, but it’s always dangerous to form an opinion on the back of things that have little evidence.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Thats one FA Cup more than Harry Kane