Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, RyCleary said:

Don’t know where you get this confidence from. They’re clearly a club on the rise who will push top 4 for the foreseeable. Shit if I was him I’d join them 

You could have saidthe same about us a few seasons ago... One season of success dosen't give any guarantees and genuinely think if maddison leaves he will be looking for a club with proven recent history of sustained success. Newcastle don't have that. In a few seasons time they might or they might not who knows but at the moment they dont

Edited by lcfcbluearmy
Give not five typo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, RyCleary said:

Don’t know where you get this confidence from. They’re clearly a club on the rise who will push top 4 for the foreseeable. Shit if I was him I’d join them 

Newcastle have been riding the wave of their previous two transfer windows after signing trippier, guimaraes and botman and now they're beginning to slow down. As Leicester fans we all know that progression in football is not guaranteed to be linear, all you need is a window or two where you spend your money poorly such as 35 mil on Antony Gordon and the entire team can lose a level or two. 

Theyve scored 3 goals in their last 6 games and with liverpool capable of hitting a run of perfect form at any moment there's a strong chance that they dont get champions league football. In this situation how are they any different from West Ham or ourselves in previous years?

I just dont see them as real competitors in this league unless they change up their transfer strategy. They need to be consistently signing players like maddison to go up to the next level. Yet players of that level are going to be looking at signings like Anthony Gordon and questioning whether Newcastle are going to support them with the teammates they need in order to consistently win trophies.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Newcastle have been riding the wave of their previous two transfer windows after signing trippier, guimaraes and botman and now they're beginning to slow down. As Leicester fans we all know that progression in football is not guaranteed to be linear, all you need is a window or two where you spend your money poorly such as 35 mil on Antony Gordon and the entire team can lose a level or two. 

Theyve scored 3 goals in their last 6 games and with liverpool capable of hitting a run of perfect form at any moment there's a strong chance that they dont get champions league football. In this situation how are they any different from West Ham or ourselves in previous years?

I just dont see them as real competitors in this league unless they change up their transfer strategy. They need to be consistently signing players like maddison to go up to the next level. Yet players of that level are going to be looking at signings like Anthony Gordon and questioning whether Newcastle are going to support them with the teammates they need in order to consistently win trophies.

According to the latest deloitte analysis as well Newcastle currently have a lower turnover and higher wage to turnover percentage than we do there's is 95%. So the idea that Newcastle will be able to afgord to blow us out of the water on wages or pay huge transfer fees is just not currently correct. Especially if the prem and uefa are tightening up on FFP rules like they seem to be

32 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

You could have saidthe same about us a few seasons ago... One season of success dosen't give any guarantees and genuinely think if maddison leaves he will be looking for a club with proven recent history of sustained success. Newcastle don't have that. In a few seasons time they might or they might not who knows but at the moment they dont

Yep - 1 summer doesn't make a swallow... Or sumat.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I might make this wild statement on the next @BSLBPod but is James Maddison now the best player in the Premier League?

I think he might be you know. Who's been better in the last 18 months? 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7h7TYFOqU2jbPnlS7ceB0o?si=8rG9lmfqQcWYRCOmdu4oFA

He should definitely be nominated for PFA player of the year. Not sure he will but he deserves it on merit

• Like 1

I repeat every single one of the big 6 and Newcastle need James Maddison. He's better than every player currently in his position bar KDB who is floating around all over the place and not necessarily part of the 3 behind the striker.

There will be huge competition for him in the summer. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I repeat every single one of the big 6 and Newcastle need James Maddison. He's better than every player currently in his position bar KDB who is floating around all over the place and not necessarily part of the 3 behind the striker.

I dont think arsenal, man United or Chelsea will be in for him. Arsenal already have odegaard, man United have bruno Fernandes and Chelsea have nkunku, havertz, mount, ziyech, felix etc I dont think they will go for another attacking midfielder. I could definitely see strong interest from Man city, liverpool, spurs and Newcastle though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As @honeybradgersays, Arsenal don't need him with Odegaard, Manchester United have Fernandes and Chelsea will probably go all out for Felix, and Nkunku is on his way there. 

Liverpool will probably go for Bellingham and then if that fails, try to get Mount. Man City don't need him, unless maybe either/both of Bernardo Silva and Gundogan go. Like Liverpool, I imagine they will be in for Bellingham, though. 

It leaves Newcastle and Spurs as the obvious two. I reckon he ends up at Newcastle, to be honest. He'll be the main man there. 

Edited by Pete52

46 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I dont think arsenal, man United or Chelsea will be in for him. Arsenal already have odegaard, man United have bruno Fernandes and Chelsea have nkunku, havertz, mount, ziyech, felix etc I dont think they will go for another attacking midfielder. I could definitely see strong interest from Man city, liverpool, spurs and Newcastle though.

So what happens if Odegaard gets injured or Arteta changes formation? Would be amazed if Arsenal arent in for him for squad depth alone. Felix is only on loan and Ziyech and Harvertz will more then likely be off in the summer so wouldnt rule that out either

Edited by South Shire Fox

19 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

As @honeybradgersays, Arsenal don't need him with Odegaard, Manchester United have Fernandes and Chelsea will probably go all out for Felix, and Nkunku is on his way there. 

Liverpool will probably go for Bellingham and then if that fails, try to get Mount. Man City don't need him, unless maybe either/both of Bernardo Silva and Gundogan go. Like Liverpool, I imagine they will be in for Bellingham, though. 

It leaves Newcastle and Spurs as the obvious two. I reckon he ends up at Newcastle, to be honest. He'll be the main man there. 

I don't see it that way at all, Fernandes isn't as good as Maddison and Ten Hag might try and use both anyway.

Chelsea are Chelsea and an abundance of right footed wingers like Felix, Pulisic, Mudryk, Nkunku, Sterling won't stop them going after an elite ACM. Mount isn't fit enough to take Maddison's bins out for him, let alone play instead of him.

Arsenal need him, Odegaard operates more as an 8 than a 10 but you could argue both of them with Partey as the sole DCM could be devastating. They'd be very keen.

Man City, he walks in to their team and thr most likely destination.

Liverpool, so badly need him it's actually amusing to see. Klopp doesn't play with creative attacking midfielders but he needs to adapt his principles as his methods are being left behind.

Spurs, they'd also be interested as don't have anything in midfield that can create and be a dominant threat. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

So what happens if Odegaard gets injured or Arteta changes formation? Would be amazed if Arsenal arent in for him for squad depth alone. Felix is only on loan and Ziyech and Harvertz will more then likely be off in the summer so wouldnt rule that out either

Didnt arsenal spend 40 mil on fabio viera as depth? I dont think maddison would go anywhere except for man city where he's not clearly the main man.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Didnt arsenal spend 40 mil on fabio viera as depth? I dont think maddison would go anywhere except for man city where he's not clearly the main man.

Is Fabio Viera one of the most prolific midfielders in the league? Quite easy for players to get moved on, players like Maddison dont come available for 50 million very often. Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal also come with the ‘London life’ appeal that his mate Chilwell was so eager for. Playing week in week out at Old Trafford for a club as prestigious as Man United that are seemingly on their way back must also be an attractive option. Dont think Newcastle have a single thing to offer besides blood money personally, money that any of the top clubs could match anyway

Edited by South Shire Fox

7 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

According to the latest deloitte analysis as well Newcastle currently have a lower turnover and higher wage to turnover percentage than we do there's is 95%. So the idea that Newcastle will be able to afgord to blow us out of the water on wages or pay huge transfer fees is just not currently correct. Especially if the prem and uefa are tightening up on FFP rules like they seem to be

I dont think this will concern their owners... there are plenty of corruptable officials running the game.

Its a very widely known fact that their moral compass is pointing the wrong way.

44 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

I dont think this will concern their owners... there are plenty of corruptable officials running the game.

Its a very widely known fact that their moral compass is pointing the wrong way.

Yes its less weather they would be willing morally to break the rules which they might well be more are they willing to risk the consequences as that would be hugely bad for their businesses 

44 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

He would be probably competing with Grealish for the starting spot, just too similar.

Grealish is used wide on the left along with Foden. Man City will be losing one, if not both, Gundogan and Bernado. Maddison will be perfect for them. I think if Newcastle are the only team that come in for him, he might just extend his contract here.

13 hours ago, sm1 said:

if Newcastle are the only team that come in for him, he might just extend his contract here.

I doubt that they will be the only team in for him...but if they were surely its a no brainer to extend for a year here.

Stay at Leicester where he is loved or move to Newcastle and ply your trade for a horrendous murderous regime?!?!

• Like 1

poor today seemed to make the wrong decision every time, has been great for 18 months so can forgive him for the odd bad game but his attitude seemed off today constantly complaining when he did not receive the ball or his teammate made a mistake.

As captain he should be leading by example not waving his arms around and moaning when things do not go his way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

poor today seemed to make the wrong decision every time, has been great for 18 months so can forgive him for the odd bad game but his attitude seemed off today constantly complaining when he did not receive the ball or his teammate made a mistake.

As captain he should be leading by example not waving his arms around and moaning when things do not go his way.

Personally I thought he looked excellent and really up for it the first 25 minutes until he went down holding his groin. After that he moved gingerly all game and was really surprised he didn’t go off at HT. may well have been fine and had a poor game but it looked more like he was playing through injury to me. Hope I’m wrong and it was just a poor performance though and he’s back to fitness next game 

Edited by Sampson