Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

6 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

all respect, why would you want to go to Spurs over Newcastle; bigger picture Newcastle are on the way up compared to Spurs; while Spurs are like a box of frogs; never know whats gonna happen

Lol.

Usually "box of frogs" is preceded by "as crazy as a"...which l guess sums up spuds in recent years.

l can see both Kane and Conte leaving before next season, there has been too much Pochettino gossip for there not to be something in the wind imo.

Whether that persuades Kane to remain is moot.

But l really dont see madders at either.

As and when he leaves I'd love to follow his career at Real or Barca - he'd improve both.

Edited by J. James

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

The key point is that they have some excellent players. You could have said the same for wolves who had Ruben neves, jiminez, Diogo jota at wolves or rice and Bowen at west ham.

The rest of the Newcastle team such as Dan burn, schar, joelinton, longstaff, Joe willock, almiron will be able to perform at these levels for maybe 1 more season before they drop off. Newcastle haven't been pro active in the transfer market in upgrading these players and will drop off as a team with these players as well. I dont rate isak that much either, he's supposed to be Callum Wilson's replacement but I dont think he has it in him to consistently get the same numbers which is what Newcastle need to become competitors.

They have the finances and the right people in place to buy well though. Immediately bringing Guimaraes showed they were switched on - I thought they'd be buying past it dossers but they're buying the right profile.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They have the finances and the right people in place to buy well though. Immediately bringing Guimaraes showed they were switched on - I thought they'd be buying past it dossers but they're buying the right profile.

Yeah they spend well on Guimaraes but theyve also spent 35 mil on Antony Gordon and 20 mil on Chris Wood in the last two seasons. Newcastle are doing well now but the opportunity cost of not spending that 55 mil wisely will show later on.

I think they need to be buying 3 players in the Guimaraes, Botman, trippier bracket every season to maintain their momentum and I'm not sure they're going to maintain that considering their recent transfer activity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Yeah they spend well on Guimaraes but theyve also spent 35 mil on Antony Gordon and 20 mil on Chris Wood in the last two seasons. Newcastle are doing well now but the opportunity cost of not spending that 55 mil wisely will show later on.

I think they need to be buying 3 players in the Guimaraes, Botman, trippier bracket every season to maintain their momentum and I'm not sure they're going to maintain that considering their recent transfer activity.

They’ve just sold wood which brings the money back in one hit. if they manage to move players like him on then they’ll not suffer any problems - money isn’t he issue - FFP is 

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Wood is on loan

Nottingham Forest have already triggered an obligation to turn Chris Wood’s loan move from Newcastle United into a permanent transfer, according to reports. According to The Times, that clause would be triggered if Wood made just three starts, which he has already done in the games against Bournemouth, Leeds United and Fulham.

As a result, the Reds will reportedly pay Newcastle £15million for the 31-year-old, who will sign a one-year contract. 

• Like 1

Wood signing was partly to weaken Burnley I (and whoever I stole that opinion from on here) reckon. 

Also agree that its wishful thinking that they won't become top 4 challengers consistently- I will hate that but money talks. Hope ManYoo beat them so they don't get a trophy, and thats a hard position to hold given it means Fernandes wins something.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Nottingham Forest have already triggered an obligation to turn Chris Wood’s loan move from Newcastle United into a permanent transfer, according to reports. According to The Times, that clause would be triggered if Wood made just three starts, which he has already done in the games against Bournemouth, Leeds United and Fulham.

As a result, the Reds will reportedly pay Newcastle £15million for the 31-year-old, who will sign a one-year contract. 

****ing hell and I thought the Vestegaard deal was bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, slymunn said:

That’s an awful deal by Forest!!

lollollol

9 hours ago, slymunn said:

The good news is that they must be close to being fuched by FFP - surely the Premier league are all over the Tw@ts 

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

I do wonder if Madders will get his big move with his injury issues which appear to be ongoing.

Was thinking exactly this. 

He just can't seem to get a constant run of games. 

If he was to potentially move, the medical could be interesting ! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Wood signing was partly to weaken Burnley I (and whoever I stole that opinion from on here) reckon. 

Also agree that its wishful thinking that they won't become top 4 challengers consistently- I will hate that but money talks. Hope ManYoo beat them so they don't get a trophy, and thats a hard position to hold given it means Fernandes wins something.

Fernandes is probably always going to win stuff ; if it’s only a Carabou cup that’s preferable to the insufferable Geordie prats celebrating their first win in living memory and the nauseating media narrative that will inevitably follow 

12 hours ago, slymunn said:

:jawdrop:

When all is said and done Maddison will walk into our best ever 11. Truly a great player who gets a bad rap for being w young millennial, and nothing boomer pundits hate more than the Maddison/Grealish/Pogba type of boys.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

When all is said and done Maddison will walk into our best ever 11. Truly a great player who gets a bad rap for being w young millennial, and nothing boomer pundits hate more than the Maddison/Grealish/Pogba type of boys.

Yes, I have to admit I have let his off pitch persona (aside from being very articulate in interviews) cloud my judgement of him at times - 2 years ago he infuriated me, but now without a doubt he is our best player. I'm not sure he would 'walk' into our best 11 though - debate for another thread but there's only 3/4 players who do that IMO (yes all title winners - Riyad/Vardy/Wes/NG) 

20 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Yes, I have to admit I have let his off pitch persona (aside from being very articulate in interviews) cloud my judgement of him at times - 2 years ago he infuriated me, but now without a doubt he is our best player. I'm not sure he would 'walk' into our best 11 though - debate for another thread but there's only 3/4 players who do that IMO (yes all title winners - Riyad/Vardy/Wes/NG) 

Agree with Koke tbh. I think his goal scoring numbers alone put him well clear of Izzet and Gibson as our greatest ever attacking midfielder at this point, although he has far more to him that that, 12 months ago it maybe was a debate but Maddison’s last 18 months or so have been a ridiculous peak.

His close control, balance to weave past his man and first touch on the half-turn can only be rivalled by Mahrez really.

Kante and Maddison are comfortably our best defensive and attacking midfielders in our all-time XI at this stage I think.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick said:

I do wonder if Madders will get his big move with his injury issues which appear to be ongoing.

This could be a problem for us in that if he won't sign a new contract and nobody risks pumping money on him this summer, he could bide his time and leave on a free next summer. We could end up in a situation where we sell him for way below his value this summer so we don't risk losing him for nothing 

3 hours ago, Nick said:

I think this is why the Man City rumours arent that far fetched.

At Newcastle he'd be one of the main men. At Man City he needs to step in to do a job and be one of about 7 attackers who can step in at any given point.

• Like 1