Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

42 minutes ago, Koke said:

When all is said and done Maddison will walk into our best ever 11. Truly a great player who gets a bad rap for being w young millennial, and nothing boomer pundits hate more than the Maddison/Grealish/Pogba type of boys.

Yes agree,never understand boomer pundits ( no fking idea what it means..:teehee:)

who keep addressing a players off field interests or antics..life is what it is…

Hes alway been or shown,like Beckham, how conscientious and dedicated to the game…& fought his way through a couple of awkward injury periods….but always tried his best,even when chasing form, like Albrighton….but when he is on it and that’s an high % of the time he’s some player to watch.and opposition fear.

I still hope he stays,and won’t put out petty posts,pushing the idea,how easy it is

for him to move on

29 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Yes, I have to admit I have let his off pitch persona (aside from being very articulate in interviews) cloud my judgement of him at times - 2 years ago he infuriated me, but now without a doubt he is our best player. I'm not sure he would 'walk' into our best 11 though - debate for another thread but there's only 3/4 players who do that IMO (yes all title winners - Riyad/Vardy/Wes/NG) 

I still think Izzett was better 

• Like 1

Maddison - 9 goals & 5 assists in 17 league games. 

Mason Mount - 3 goals & 2 assists in 22 league games

Grealish - 3 goals & 2 assists in 18 league games 

Foden - 7 goals & 3 assists in 21 league games.

And Maddison plays in a significantly worse team than the other three. This guy is due his flowers. The football world needs to put some respect on his name.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

That is definitely nostalgia talking. Loved Izzet back in the day, but he definitely wasn’t the same level as Maddison.

Izzet was a very good long range passer who had that one season where he got loads of assists because he took all our set pieces in Micky Adams’ long-ball and set piece side stacked full of 6ft5 players.

But Maddison’s technique, ball control, dribbling, goal scoring are far far above Izzet’s. His passing isn’t even any worse either.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Love Muzzy great player.

But on stats alone Maddison blows him out of the water.

Maddison has scored 8 more goals then Muzzy and has 1 more assist in 98 few games.

Maddison carries on a his current rate by the time he hit Muzzy appearances he's going to be on 70 PL goals and around 50 assists.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Izzet was playing in a worse team though. Muzzy will always be right up there for me, think he’s massively underrated by the wider footballing world. 

Not sure Izzet was playing in a worse midfield than Maddison has been the past 2 seasons tbh. Maddison has completely carried our midfield the past 18 months while Ndidi and Tielemans have been well well below par.

Even so, Maddison is just the far better technical player. You stick Izzet in this side instead of Maddison we’d be worse off and if you stick Maddison in O’Neill’s or Adams’ sides instead of Izzet we’d be better off, let’s be honest.

Izzet was a great player for us, but let’s not be silly, it’s not really a contest between him and Maddison.

• Like 1

Who was it on here who said he was a wimp with injuries etc?

Proof if it were needed.

Put it this way, maybe Southgate has sussed him out which is why he wasn't selected for England until the World Cup.

His fitness issues would be a concern for a big six club.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Who was it on here who said he was a wimp with injuries etc?

Proof if it were needed.

Put it this way, maybe Southgate has sussed him out which is why he wasn't selected for England until the World Cup.

His fitness issues would be a concern for a big six club.

Don’t know the extent of the illness. Norovirus has been about and that’s hardly conclusive to playing well (or spreading it around your squad, a week before the biggest game of the season) 

Edited by CosbehFox

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Don’t know the extent of the illness. Norovirus has been about and that’s hardly conclusive to playing well (or spreading it around your squad, a week before the biggest game of the season) 

100%, agreed I guess I'm just fed up with him missing games lol

17 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Here’s a question maybe it’s already been asked, put Maddison of today in the title winning team, what happens? 

The title winning team functioned so well as a team and all complimented each other that I think changing a single player would cause the whole team to weaken though. 

Even if Maddison was theoretically a better player than say Okazaki, Okazaki did so much dirty work that allowed Vardy and Mahrez more freedom. 

In some ways I’m not even sure sticking someone like De Bruyne in the title winning side would improve it as it’s throw the whole side off balance.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Here’s a question maybe it’s already been asked, put Maddison of today in the title winning team, what happens? 

Several possibilities:

We could get disqualified for fielding twelve players.

But otherwise it depends who he replaces. If he plays instead of Vardy we probably don't score as many goals; if he plays instead of Huth or Morgan we probably let in a lot more goals; if he plays in goal it would be a disaster...

Hypotheticals are ridiculous, of course. But basically, you change one single thing that happens between King Power buying the club and sometime around Easter 2016, and we don't win the league.