Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Foden yes, Grealish no. 

...you probably did not notice Grealish when he played for Villa!!!

He was the one pulling the strings and was effectively a backroom staff as he was making the calls on the pitch.

I would have suspected he had to take the chance a go to Man. City, but I suspect he was happier at Villa than he is now.

He was head and shoulders above Maddison in regards to influencing and maturity on the pitch.

Maddison has finally woken up and realised that his talent was not enough to carry him. His dedication and industry on the pitch has paid dividends but he is now doing what Grealish was doing and playing in the same position as well.

I am not a fan of Grealish, much like Maddison, this tendency to go to ground at the smallest contact annoys me, but I would put him ahead of Maddison and he would have been a leader on the pitch for us.

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He was the one pulling the strings and was effectively a backroom staff as he was making the calls on the pitch.

I would have suspected he had to take the chance a go to Man. City, but I suspect he was happier at Villa than he is now.

He was head and shoulders above Maddison in regards to influencing and maturity on the pitch.

Maddison has finally woken up and realised that his talent was not enough to carry him. His dedication and industry on the pitch has paid dividends but he is now doing what Grealish was doing and playing in the same position as well.

I am not a fan of Grealish, much like Maddison, this tendency to go to ground at the smallest contact annoys me, but I would put him ahead of Maddison and he would have been a leader on the pitch for us.

But you were discussing figures and Grealish’s numbers at Villa were still nowhere near Maddisons’s are now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Looks really pi55ed off at the moment. He's actually at his worst when he is trying too hard to make thins happen.

Still created the best chances in the game and should have had two assists tonight 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Looks really pi55ed off at the moment. He's actually at his worst when he is trying too hard to make thins happen.

I’d be pissed off too knowing full well everybody around you are fvcking useless.

On 28/02/2023 at 13:20, ronnup said:

Still pretending to be ill?

On 28/02/2023 at 13:29, Wymsey said:

Can't imagine him being that sort of player.

Seems the sort who would want to play in any situation.

it’s often been pointed out that a clubs injury list seems to be much longer when they are losing and yet a club doesn’t seem to be picking up those injuries when they are doing well.. not saying him exactly but it’s amazing how players can play through the pain barrier when things are going well…

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

it’s often been pointed out that a clubs injury list seems to be much longer when they are losing and yet a club doesn’t seem to be picking up those injuries when they are doing well.. not saying him exactly but it’s amazing how players can play through the pain barrier when things are going well…

He's not a leicester player in heart anymore , loads of them aren't

That's what's killing us 

I know confidence is generally shot in the squad anyway, and I know Maddison really just wants to have the best out of the team to win, but I've noticed since being captain, he just seems to have a go at so many players if they misplace or mishit a pass. 

Maybe I didn't notice it as much as pre-captain, or he didn't do it as much, but it's quite visible these days. 

On 27/02/2023 at 23:56, sacreblueits442 said:

Grealish has never been at the level Maddison has been at for last 2 years

Had a decent first half. Second half, kept trying to make things happen and then our idiot of a Manager stuck him out wide left to really damage any hopes we had of getting a goal. He’s our best player, play him in his best position for crying out loud. 

I wouldn't blame him for jumping ship, today it seemed like he threw the kitchen sink at it and the rest just were not upto his level and he's realised this. No doubt that he'll be gone and between now and then he's going to shelter himself against having a bad injury. 

Maddison seems to have reached the point where he’s realised that he can’t keep polishing a turd. Head and shoulders our best player and best hope of staying up. But he must feel like he’s trying to scale Everest in flip flops right now carrying very average players around him. 

• Like 1

He made a few poor decisions when in possession but to be fair to him he continues to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and tried to make something happen.

He looked so angry I thought he was going to cry! Pretty much how I felt too 😡😡

• Like 1

Will there ever be an easier vote for our player of the season? I’d be surprised if he doesn’t get 100% of the votes.

He’s so far ahead of the rest of the squad it’s depressing. Laid 2 chances on a plate yesterday, can’t really blame him if others can’t finish.