Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

24 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If this is the feeling amongst the manager and the players then we really need to be worried

Agree with Madders, we missed 4 absolute sitters that on another day would have been scored. We need to start worrying if we don't create the chances or keep missing them

4 minutes ago, Bevan said:

To me, that reads like Maddison is feeling the pressure. That tweet seems very unlike him. One of Rob Tanners points is bang on., we can’t handle the slightest bit of pressure. We just crumble panic 

in fairness after reading the tweet again, im not sure Tanner says a word that isn't bang on. We are everything that he describes us to be there. 

Bad take from maddison, for me!

• Like 1

Just now, trooky said:

Agree with Madders, we missed 4 absolute sitters that on another day would have been scored. We need to start worrying if we don't create the chances or keep missing them

So like the games against United and Arsenal then? Or Blackburn, or 20 other games where we've been a complete shit show

Just now, daddylonglegs said:

in fairness after reading the tweet again, im not sure Tanner says a word that isn't bang on. We are everything that he describes us to be there. 

Bad take from maddison, for me!

But this sums up all such conclusions, it is what 15-20 words that Tanner used, and there is zero scope for context in them, just more click bait people are happy to chow down as its fits their rhetoric. Not disputing how crap we are currently, but I also uinderstand Maddison raging against blunt self serving media fluff.

• Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

But this sums up all such conclusions, it is what 15-20 words that Tanner used, and there is zero scope for context in them, just more click bait people are happy to chow down as its fits their rhetoric. Not disputing how crap we are currently, but I also uinderstand Maddison raging against blunt self serving media fluff.

I get this, but there is absolutely no discussion in the media about how abysmal we are. 

If the press was filled with articles about how the team is terrible & the manager is clueless, then I'd agree with you. But Tanner is one of very few journalists who have now come out and say just how bad we are. 

14 minutes ago, The_77 said:

On another day we would have given up two goals because JWP converts his penalty. It’s not a very good recipe to collect points and survive in a relegation battle when we have to score at least two goals a game just to get a point. 

Exactly my point of the Relegation thread. All this ‘We’d have won 3-1 or 4-1. It’s like we are happy to assume we should score all our chances but conveniently forgot they missed a pen so we should have already had to score 2 to even get a draw. Plus as you say, context as to the way the game plays out, we’d have been a couple down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

The link to the full article's there to see. Rob Tanner's job is to serve his readers.

This seems like a tweet out of a lot of frustration. Some of which they've brought on themselves, but I suppose this is the very late realisation that perhaps it's not all as grand as it seems. 

Sadly, though, it seems like they're willing to accept that Saturday was itself acceptable. No shots on target against bottom of the league and at a side that hadn't won at home since Aug or kept a clean sheet there in months. That's not the standard we as fans have, and it certainly shouldn't be one the players, let alone the captain (!) should have! 

Chances were wasted, but it wouldn't have changed the fact that we are weak under pressure... 

Just now, daddylonglegs said:

I get this, but there is absolutely no discussion in the media about how abysmal we are. 

If the press was filled with articles about how the team is terrible & the manager is clueless, then I'd agree with you. But Tanner is one of very few journalists who have now come out and say just how bad we are. 

Yes, the media are too cowardly to be critical, as it risks access, its crap. They should be allowed to unload both barrels as they see fit  assuming their is grounds to do so.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Then its click bait as I said and not a serious report on a football match and associated clubs involved

It's an opinion piece though and overall a fairly accurate one. The manager and players have had it far easier than they should when it comes to the media

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

So like the games against United and Arsenal then? Or Blackburn, or 20 other games where we've been a complete shit show

Or like the games against Villa, and Spurs and the run of games before the WC. Depends on your perspective.

No doubt that  this is the worst Leicester team for a very long time, and needs a complete rebuild starting from the manager.

Excluding the recent signings and Madders  there isn't a single player in the squad I would keep in a summer rebuild. They've all proved themselves to be utterly shite.

• Like 1

Pressure is mounting as finally, after over 12 months of guff, some in the press are starting to realise we are a bit shit and the manager is dodgy. Brendan has had a free pass for ages from the media and now finally are few are realising that he may actually be the issue. He's not the only issue within the club but he's one that could easily be fixed immediately! 

• Like 2