Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

7 minutes ago, trooky said:

Agree with Madders, we missed 4 absolute sitters that on another day would have been scored. We need to start worrying if we don't create the chances or keep missing them

We've got one of the lowest xG for creating chances in the league haven't we?

Just looked it up:

Our xG for is 28 (15th in the league)and we've scored 36, we've scored more than we should have in reality.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

It's an opinion piece though and overall a fairly accurate one. The manager and players have had it far easier than they should when it comes to the media

and Maddison is perfectly allowed to respond as someone who is both involved and better placed to give a professional opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, trooky said:

Or like the games against Villa, and Spurs and the run of games before the WC. Depends on your perspective.

No doubt that  this is the worst Leicester team for a very long time, and needs a complete rebuild starting from the manager.

Excluding the recent signings and Madders  there isn't a single player in the squad I would keep in a summer rebuild. They've all proved themselves to be utterly shite.

We had 4 shots on target against Villa and scored all 4, we were incredibly lucky to score 4...

Spurs we had 7 on target and scored 4. Fair enough, against Spurs we created a lot of chances.

1 minute ago, trooky said:

Or like the games against Villa, and Spurs and the run of games before the WC. Depends on your perspective.

No doubt that  this is the worst Leicester team for a very long time, and needs a complete rebuild starting from the manager.

Excluding the recent signings and Madders  there isn't a single player in the squad I would keep in a summer rebuild. They've all proved themselves to be utterly shite.

My perspective is we're in a relegation battle and we seem to be burying our heads to that fact.

Yeah we need an overhaul ams hopefully that starts with the manager

• Like 1

Just now, trooky said:

I said this the other day. Other than Souttar, Kristiansen and Maddison (who's probably leaving anyway) I wouldn't be arsed about any of our current squad leaving. It'll be a sad day when Vardy goes but unfortunately age has caught up with him and he's not the player he was. Still deserves huge respect though for being our goat.

• Like 1

This Southampton game reminded me very much of the Wolves away game we lost 2-1 maybe last season. Yes we had 3-4 good chances, an were probably the better team, but all through the game, I never felt we had control of the game, despite the extra possession.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Then its click bait as I said and not a serious report on a football match and associated clubs involved

not even close. it's an opinion piece and one that's hard to disagree with, and a 280 character summary of it

• Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

It's not click bait because you have to actually subscribe to The Athletic to read it in full. Tanner's under no obligation to just write dispassionate match reports without any in-depth analysis. In fact, the whole business model of The Athletic is to provide that more in-depth coverage, which he seems to be doing here.

Disagree, as an Athletic subscriber, you do not get in depth article outside the largest clubs in the world

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Of course it was click bait else why lift that part of the article into the tweet

Just because someone's linking to a full article doesn't automatically make it click bait. If what he put in the tweet gave a misleading impression of his article, then it would be. But it's not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Of course it was click bait else why lift that part of the article into the tweet

You gotta put clickbait in to drive engagement but the reality is not much of Tanner has said is untrue and he's been proven right by one of our players taking the bait and publicly calling him out. That's not handling pressure well at all. 

• Like 1

My only hope is this is Maddison trying to create some kind of a siege mentality amongst the squad - everyone is against us etc.

My fear though is that they have just fallen under Rodger’s spell and actually believe the crap he comes out with regularly, that we are somehow doing enough and will be fine, and the club are just going to sleep walk into relegation

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

It’s taken Tanner THIS LONG to stop equivocating and actually find the cojones to start reporting what he sees daily.  He’s the weakest journo even in a PR-based League where they all toe the line or lose access.

I love Maddison for his honesty and fight.  And if he wants to pick a fight with a journo … fine, try anything and everything to galvanize the squad.  But JM blaming the King of the Milquetoasts for causing ANY of what is happening on the pitch or in the stands is the most worrying sign yet.

Just now, Dames said:

You gotta put clickbait in to drive engagement but the reality is not much of Tanner has said is untrue and he's been proven right by one of our players taking the bait and publicly calling him out. That's not handling pressure well at all. 

Don't disagree, its just a bit of a blunt conclusion without context, which I imagine is what Maddison took offence too. It serves little other purpose of course but to generate traffic/subscribers for The Athletic, but that his job  

If what Tanner has written has upset him and he believes it will encourage fans negativity then I wonder what Madders and the rest of the squad feelings are towards their elite and esteemed Manager who has done nothing but spend the last 15 or so months talking negatively about the squad and the club in general. If Madders really is riled by Tanners article then I can only imagine how toxic the relationship will be between the players and Manager 

• Like 2

Just now, Claudio Fannieri said:

If what Tanner has written has upset him and he believes it will encourage fans negativity then I wonder what Madders and the rest of the squad feelings are towards their elite and esteemed Manager who has done nothing but spend the last 15 or so months talking negatively about the squad and the club in general. If Madders really is riled by Tanners article then I can only imagine how toxic the relationship will be between the players and Manager 

Why? Surely it will drive the players closer together and this can only be a good thing?  :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

no, it's because the athletic articles are long and twitter is a platform with 280 character posts. even if he wanted to he couldn't post the entire article there for purely technical reasons (also probably copyright, I imagine the athletic owns the rights to columns written on there). this is not clickbait

Clickbait headlines are dishonest and don't reflect the content of the article, just there to get you to click for the ad revenue, not "hey I wrote an article and these are the main points I discuss" when you then do discuss those points

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We've got one of the lowest xG for creating chances in the league haven't we?

Just looked it up:

Our xG for is 28 (15th in the league)and we've scored 36, we've scored more than we should have in reality.

Said this a few times, but wonder goals have kept us afloat... our xG is crap for the creative players we have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

no, it's because the athletic articles are long and twitter is a platform with 280 character posts. even if he wanted to he couldn't post the entire article there for purely technical reasons (also probably copyright, I imagine the athletic owns the rights to columns written on there). this is not clickbait

Clickbait headlines are dishonest and don't reflect the content of the article, just there to get you to click for the ad revenue, not "hey I wrote an article and these are the main points I discuss" when you then do discuss those points

Think you and I will not agree on this, but in my opinion there is zero value in direct falsehoods in such articles, far better to extract pieces which seem shocking or divisive and use them to hook people in, otherwise you risk reputational damage which defeats the whole point. I don`t think he lied, he omitted context, and this is what I  think Maddison raged against. Just my opinion though  :)

• Like 1