Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

You gotta put clickbait in to drive engagement but the reality is not much of Tanner has said is untrue and he's been proven right by one of our players taking the bait and publicly calling him out. That's not handling pressure well at all. 

Calling people out isn't handling pressure, since when? To me it shows character instead of just taking it. Just like when we were bottom and Pearson would call out reporters.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why? Surely it will drive the players closer together and this can only be a good thing?  :dunno:

Sorry don’t understand what you are getting at? I am saying Madders has taken Tanner to task for writing an article that will invoke negativity from the fan base, yet the manager has been calling out the shortfalls of the squad and downplaying the ambition of the club which has been a damn sight more negative and having a more detrimental impact to the general morale of the squad and fanbase and I am intrigued to know if the squad are so rattled by what Tanner has written, then how will they have felt seeing and hearing their manager regularly throwing them under a bus. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think you and I will not agree on this, but in my opinion there is zero value in direct falsehoods in such articles, far better to extract pieces which seem shocking or divisive and use them to hook people in, otherwise you risk reputational damage which defeats the whole point. I don`t think he lied, he omitted context, and this is what I  think Maddison raged against. Just my opinion though  :)

No, click bait would be if he wrote "7 reasons Leicester are going back to league one, number 5 will shock you". 

Disagreeing with parts of an opinion piece doesn't make it clickbait 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Sorry don’t understand what you are getting at? I am saying Madders has taken Tanner to task for writing an article that will invoke negativity from the fan base, yet the manager has been calling out the shortfalls of the squad and downplaying the ambition of the club which has been a damn sight more negative and having a more detrimental impact to the general morale of the squad and fanbase and I am intrigued to know if the squad as so rattled by what Tanner has written, then how will they have felt seeing and hearing their manager regularly throwing them under a bus. 

Got it, sorry I misunderstod. Just hope if Maddison is as annoyed as he seems by the article, he can use it as a rallying point for the squad regardless of Rodgers

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

Calling people out isn't handling pressure, since when? To me it shows character instead of just taking it. Just like when we were bottom and Pearson would call out reporters.

There were times that season where Pearson really didn't handle the pressure well at all. 

If Tanner was wrong then Maddison would have a point but he isn't wrong and Maddisons whole call out is 'Please don't say this, its not true and it turns the fans on us'. I.e. please leave us alone so people don't say mean things about us. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Got it, sorry I misunderstod. Just hope if Maddison is as annoyed as he seems by the article, he can use it as a rallying point for the squad regardless of Rodgers

Which does also make me worry, when you see how Madders has reacted, just how much damage Rodgers comments over the last 15 months have had, and if so he has to be a dead man walking. 

Isn't that what people keep crying out for, a bit of "pashun".  Maddison shows it and some don't like it, if he just said nothing and carried on as if he didn't care, he would equally get it in the neck.

Personally, I don't care about the Pashun, I have seen managers and players with loads of it and they have still been shit.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

There were times that season where Pearson really didn't handle the pressure well at all. 

If Tanner was wrong then Maddison would have a point but he isn't wrong and Maddisons whole call out is 'Please don't say this, its not true and it turns the fans on us'. I.e. please leave us alone so people don't say mean things about us. 

He is sticking up for his team mates. I like this and I thought people wanted to see more honestly. But obviously not. People just want them to say what they want to hear.

• Like 2

Just now, Fox92 said:

He is sticking up for his team mates. I like this and I thought people wanted to see more honestly. But obviously not. People just want them to say what they want to hear.

I'd prefer them to show they understand the severity of the situation they've put us in to be honest. The introspection at this club is non existent 

12 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

No, click bait would be if he wrote "7 reasons Leicester are going back to league one, number 5 will shock you". 

Disagreeing with parts of an opinion piece doesn't make it clickbait 

It was tweet I called click bait, not the whole article....

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'd prefer them to show they understand the severity of the situation they've put us in to be honest. The introspection at this club is non existent 

How do you know? We post on a forum, we see players on a match day, we don't see them at all in the week or what they do.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It was tweet I called click bait, not the whole article....

That's still not really clickbait though is it? Clickbait is misleading and inflammatory. What he's posted is presumably just the bullet points from the article. Promoting your work by telling people what it's about is not clickbait.

• Like 2

Just now, Guest said:

That's still not really clickbait though is it? Clickbait is misleading and inflammatory. What he's posted is presumably just the bullet points from the article. Promoting your work by telling people what it's about is not clickbait.

Realise I am in the minority here, still think I am righy though, so will gracelessly retire from this conversation  :thumbup:

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I get that and I appreciate the sticking up for his team mates but at the same time I don't think he's right in saying that more of the same and we'll be okay and then having a pop at a journo for potentially turning the fans on them.

Tanner isn't being inflammatory with anything and to be honest he's towed the club line a lot so to have a pop at him for his first slightly negative article is a bit much. Its not that I want him to say what I want to hear but he's not right here in much of what he's saying or doing. 

• Like 2