Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Madders wants to spend less time on social media and more time sorting this team out if he’s now captain he has an extra responsibility and needs to sort this team’s mentality out because looking in from the outside the fact he’s responding to a post by a shit journalist says to me there priority’s are all wrong and this is why we are rotting at the bottom end of the league! In the summer this lad is the first that will be going out the door if he gave a shit he would commit his future to the club with a few of the other players but they haven’t and this is why we are in a mess! We have players that don’t want to play for the shirt 

6 minutes ago, Dames said:

I get that and I appreciate the sticking up for his team mates but at the same time I don't think he's right in saying that more of the same and we'll be okay and then having a pop at a journo for potentially turning the fans on them.

Tanner isn't being inflammatory with anything and to be honest he's towed the club line a lot so to have a pop at him for his first slightly negative article is a bit much. Its not that I want him to say what I want to hear but he's not right here in much of what he's saying or doing. 

Yeah this is it for me. They've hardly been getting pelters from the media all season, quite the contrary. Just feels a bit misplaced 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think you and I will not agree on this, but in my opinion there is zero value in direct falsehoods in such articles, far better to extract pieces which seem shocking or divisive and use them to hook people in, otherwise you risk reputational damage which defeats the whole point. I don`t think he lied, he omitted context, and this is what I  think Maddison raged against. Just my opinion though  :)

What context has been omitted? 

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

What context has been omitted? 

Rob posted 

image.png.7769d1e42cc3a42187de9845584450f6.png

Which is all true, and James responded., justifiably if you look at xG, that we could and probably should have won

Guess he is arguing that Rob adds nothing of value to our struggles(Hardly his job) in a game we should have won were it not for Kel having a bad day and all he does is sow negativity, which this thread gives credence too

No issue with him defending the team like that. Especially when he's right that it's just shit journalism capitalising on emotion of the fans.

Maddison out chances on a plate for players at the weekend so not like anyone can question him in the slightest on the pitch either. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

No issue with him defending the team like that. Especially when he's right that it's just shit journalism capitalising on emotion of the fans.

Maddison out chances on a plate for players at the weekend so not like anyone can question him in the slightest on the pitch either. 

I don't think anyone is. He's been our best player by far this season.

• Like 1

Right throughout this season , we haven't been played off the park and Southampton didn't do that. We fail in the fine margins, physicality at times, aggression, character definitely and ruthless gamesmanship. Then we get turned over by a team in very bad form. Its all part of the general malaise but perhaps when you are so close to it like Maddison you fail to notice these things.

It's such a shame he's still on board with the fraud. Probably has the most reason of everybody as the one actual player to improve under him but a shame nontheless that the most influential player now is coming out with shit like this. Proves how ****ing stupidly easy a ride we get when Tanner of all people is being accused of being harsh. It's not the first time he's done it this season either - I've not forgotten him defending him after the Spurs disgrace.

It's easy for Maddison to think it's OK. Even if we get relegated, he's sorted anyway. That's fine but read the room.

Such a toxic nightmare of a situation. Honestly not far off a point where I think a relegation would relieve this hell. The main thing making me think otherwise is there's such a blatant lack of leadership and such an ingrained loser mentality that I don't think bouncing back is a given.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't think anyone is. He's been our best player by far this season.

Couple of comments about needing to show the same passion on the pitch. Might not be directly at maddison but anyway we should be glad he cares this much to be honest. 

I doubt Soumare has the same reaction when he sees tweets like this.

6 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Its not shit journalism when the majority of what he's wrote is what is exactly is happening on the pitch. If he was lying or sensationalising you'd have a point but Tanner is usually very reserved. 

As for questioning on the pitch, absolutely no question about that but off the pitch he's refusing to commit to a new deal that's going to pressure us into either selling him or losing him on a free and he's losing his head publicaly at journos that dare to write about whats actually happening. Its not a good look. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Rob posted 

image.png.7769d1e42cc3a42187de9845584450f6.png

Which is all true, and James responded., justifiably if you look at xG, that we could and probably should have won

Guess he is arguing that Rob adds nothing of value to our struggles(Hardly his job) in a game we should have won were it not for Kel having a bad day and all he does is sow negativity, which this thread gives credence too

What did Tanner say that was wrong exactly... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its not shit journalism when the majority of what he's wrote is what is exactly is happening on the pitch. If he was lying or sensationalising you'd have a point but Tanner is usually very reserved. 

As for questioning on the pitch, absolutely no question about that but off the pitch he's refusing to commit to a new deal that's going to pressure us into either selling him or losing him on a free and he's losing his head publicaly at journos that dare to write about whats actually happening. Its not a good look. 

I blame our club thinking they can get away with not spending anything and doing shit like getting rid of the club captain and not replacing him as the main reason players won't sign 

If we were still fighting for Europe there's every chance he would consider staying. Why would he commit to a new deal when we are fighting relegation and he could walk into most sides in England?

• Haha 1

Yes we created enough chances but that doesn’t change the fact we have the 3rd worst defence in the league and are leaking goals for fun. 

As a result of our defence we have the least number of draws in the league. Any other team gets a 0-0 out of that game which wouldn’t even have been that disastrous for us.

Whilst I can see his point I also don’t think we’re in a position to say “we’ll be fine” when we can’t even grind out a draw. 

8 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I blame our club thinking they can get away with not spending anything and doing shit like getting rid of the club captain and not replacing him as the main reason players won't sign 

If we were still fighting for Europe there's every chance he would consider staying. Why would he commit to a new deal when we are fighting relegation and he could walk into most sides in England?

From what can be gathered and has been reported talks over new deals for Maddison and Tielemans have been on going since at least our FA Cup win. If they weren't going to commit then they were never going too.

You won't hear me disagreeing about the club not being ran well but at the same time I don't want the players trying to take everyone for idiots either, we can all see what's going on and in the media and in the stands they've had it real easy. Its only on here and twitter where the real discontent is.