Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

8 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

What is the context?

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Does it? The context that we didn’t win and could have won if we finished the chances, but we didn’t… as he pointed out. 

Well for once we won the xG battle  :thumbup: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Well for once we won the xG battle  :thumbup: 

I don't mean to pile on or belabour the point but out of:

- Mounting injuries

- Loss of form

- Defensive lapses

- Wasted chances

- Poor game management

Mentioned in the tweet, what exactly does winning the xG battle contextualise? Which of those is incorrect by virtue of winning a game on xG? 

3 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

I don't mean to pile on or belabour the point but out of:

- Mounting injuries

- Loss of form

- Defensive lapses

- Wasted chances

- Poor game management

Mentioned in the tweet, what exactly does winning the xG battle contextualise? Which of those is incorrect by virtue of winning a game on xG? 

No worries, and this is only my opinion, Maddison was right to moan, it IS negative, it does NOT help, if Nacho could finish (Yes, thats Wasted Chances) we could have been winning, but just seems like he seeks to broker a fighting spirit, good on him!

So I was wrong, it was throw away comment, but f**k me its like positivity or attempts to be are illegal on here, but as they say; misery loves company I guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No worries, and this is only my opinion, Maddison was right to moan, it IS negative, it does NOT help, if Nacho could finish (Yes, thats Wasted Chances) we could have been winning, but just seems like he seeks to broker a fighting spirit, good on him!

So I was wrong, it was throw away comment, but f**k me its like positivity or attempts to be are illegal on here, but as they say; misery loves company I guess.

It is illegal on here and we do love the company, welcome. 

56 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's such a shame he's still on board with the fraud. Probably has the most reason of everybody as the one actual player to improve under him but a shame nontheless that the most influential player now is coming out with shit like this. Proves how ****ing stupidly easy a ride we get when Tanner of all people is being accused of being harsh. It's not the first time he's done it this season either - I've not forgotten him defending him after the Spurs disgrace.

It's easy for Maddison to think it's OK. Even if we get relegated, he's sorted anyway. That's fine but read the room.

Such a toxic nightmare of a situation. Honestly not far off a point where I think a relegation would relieve this hell. The main thing making me think otherwise is there's such a blatant lack of leadership and such an ingrained loser mentality that I don't think bouncing back is a given.

I would honestly say that we are more likely to go down through the division like Sunderland than bounce back

• Like 2

I think Maddison is trying to keep the fans in a positive mindset going into the Chelsea game which is not easy to say the least. I’m sure he knows Rob has a point but nice to see that he cares. I have a lot of respect for him he is an intelligent classy player that can turn games around.

42 minutes ago, Dames said:

From what can be gathered and has been reported talks over new deals for Maddison and Tielemans have been on going since at least our FA Cup win. If they weren't going to commit then they were never going too.

You won't hear me disagreeing about the club not being ran well but at the same time I don't want the players trying to take everyone for idiots either, we can all see what's going on and in the media and in the stands they've had it real easy. Its only on here and twitter where the real discontent is.  

At which point they'd have waited to see how we do. If we'd have signed players around them and not let everything stagnate we'd have a much better chance of keeping them.

In Tielemans case, for all his quality, there's been times where he's been a disgrace with his effort. Maddison I can't fault in any way and I'm just sad it's come to this because of the decline of the club.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Rob posted 

image.png.7769d1e42cc3a42187de9845584450f6.png

Which is all true, and James responded., justifiably if you look at xG, that we could and probably should have won

Guess he is arguing that Rob adds nothing of value to our struggles(Hardly his job) in a game we should have won were it not for Kel having a bad day and all he does is sow negativity, which this thread gives credence too

For balance he should probably mention that xG and amount of times we've unreservedly picked up points over the past 18 months.

Somebody needs to be saying it because it seems like nobody is willing to accept the dire trouble were in. 

Maddisons response typifies the weak minded nature of our team under Rodgers. Pass the buck, highlight minor positives and excuse swathes of negatives.

Its how we've masterfully gone from pushing the top 3 to being in a relegation battle and barely any fans or anyone in the club seeming to give a damn.

Hopefully its a sign of frustration, but if they genuinely think an article pointing out our weaknesses is the problem, then were done this season. Absolutely done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

I get it, and honestly the fact that you're still managing to stay positive is probably credit to you, I certainly can't on the basis of our games this season, so kudos on that!

I'm personally just glad someone in the media is finally sticking the boot in in any degree. I think you're right that the tweet is negative, but I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter if it helps or not, because we've been a dumpster fire without any public criticism so I just hope maybe either this galvanises players or at least fires a rocket up someone's arse.

I don't think we can keep on with the same old same old week in week out before it ends up with us in the Championship - whether that's this season or the next, so anything that has even a slim chance of instigating change is a positive to me.

Edited by The_Rorab
  • Like 1

I reckon it was the buckle under pressure comment that got to Maddison.

Don't care how it arrives or what forces it- if something fires this club up and we start to show some backbone then hallelujah.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

He's bloody deluded if he thinks that performance every week keeps us up. This is far more desperate than many people realise.

Think that was my main worry.

He's either just defending the team (fair enough) or he's deluded.  I can see Rodgers being someone to use analysts to cover up cracks and pull the wool over players eyes into believing his delusion that we're a functioning team with all manner of BS stats.  If they think that performance was acceptable, we've had it.  If it was him getting nobbled by the "being soft" comment, then that's just further proof that it's correct.  Forest in the cup/league were games we just knew deep down we were going to lose as this lot would crack under the atmosphere and intensity.  Similar to the earlier point, if the players can't see that we're down.

2 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

I can see Rodgers being someone to use analysts to cover up cracks and pull the wool over players eyes into believing his delusion that we're a functioning team with all manner of BS stats.

This is ridiculous. There's no way they would hide inefficiencies just to prop up the failing PR machine.

Everyone knows the defence played too high for the goal. Ward knows his positioning is a bit poor. Nacho knows he's missed chances he really should put away, and I'd like to think they all are aware our dreary slow build up dragging us back.

13 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

This is ridiculous. There's no way they would hide inefficiencies just to prop up the failing PR machine.

Everyone knows the defence played too high for the goal. Ward knows his positioning is a bit poor. Nacho knows he's missed chances he really should put away, and I'd like to think they all are aware our dreary slow build up dragging us back.

I'd like the agree they'd be objective if I hadn't been watching a pedestrian back four park themselves on the half way line for the last 18 months. 

4 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I said this the other day. Other than Souttar, Kristiansen and Maddison (who's probably leaving anyway) I wouldn't be arsed about any of our current squad leaving. It'll be a sad day when Vardy goes but unfortunately age has caught up with him and he's not the player he was. Still deserves huge respect though for being our goat.

I think there is more than that to be fair despite there being a lot that need to go.

Ricardo - if he doesn’t get injured again. 
Justin - fitness and injury pending again

KDH - maybe not first choice for a top 6/8 team but good enough for where we are at.

Barnes - anyone who thinks we will get wide players who have his output are kidding themselves. Victim of the team being shit and will come good under competent management.

Daka - similar to Barnes, I think he has a lot of offer still. I want to see him under a new manager.

Kel - had some bad misses on Saturday but has carried us time and time again.

Ndidi - big question mark but could he come good again under a new manager?

Probably more as well. Of course a lot depends what league we are in but we can’t buy a new squad so the above are all perfectly good enough to be in the squad even if not all are starters, especially under a new manager.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We've got one of the lowest xG for creating chances in the league haven't we?

Just looked it up:

Our xG for is 28 (15th in the league)and we've scored 36, we've scored more than we should have in reality.

Yeah but one game where we missed chances against bottom of the league (!!) is proof that we are in-fact perfectly good at creating chances and can't finish them!!!

Don't let the exception to the rule cloud the reality. Though clouding the reality is the objective of this club nowadays.

• Like 2

Strange comments from Maddison, I don’t need Tanners tweets to tell me that the performances on the pitch and everything around the club just isn’t good enough and hasn’t been for a long time. I appreciate he’s going to defend his own but don’t suggest fans only go along with what the media tells us, otherwise we would all have our tongues up Rodgers arse. It isn’t good enough, fans are concerned about the current state and future of our club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

What did Tanner say that was wrong exactly... 

Nothing, just told the truth for the first time in ages and our lot can't handle it. The entire media set up in this country is a joke, top to bottom farce when you're banned / limited access if you dare ask questions about the appalling shit served up. If this happened in somewhere like Russia people would call it what it is.