Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

This is the first time we’ve lost against the run of play - against the worst team in the league lol 

Tone deaf ****

Makes you wonder doesn’t it, the messages from those within the club make it sound like we the fans are throwing toys out the pram because we lost one game with a strong performance lol 

Its alright lads forget the last 18 months, you missed 3 good chances against bottom of the league but you’ll get them next time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Rorab said:

I get it, and honestly the fact that you're still managing to stay positive is probably credit to you, I certainly can't on the basis of our games this season, so kudos on that!

I'm personally just glad someone in the media is finally sticking the boot in in any degree. I think you're right that the tweet is negative, but I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter if it helps or not, because we've been a dumpster fire without any public criticism so I just hope maybe either this galvanises players or at least fires a rocket up someone's arse.

I don't think we can keep on with the same old same old week in week out before it ends up with us in the Championship - whether that's this season or the next, so anything that has even a slim chance of instigating change is a positive to me.

I think you are right, the need to put the boot in is well overdue, and splashing our obvious shortcomings across the news would only help add balance to the endless fellating pundits who seek only to preserve the status quo, reinforcing our perceived position, and to blow smoke up the arses of their contemporaries.

A deeper look at our woes has been a long time coming, I just not sure that is what that tweet and article constituted. If we go down, and hopefully not, then a less glamorous yet new familiar adventure begins. :scarf:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I think there is more than that to be fair despite there being a lot that need to go.

Ricardo - if he doesn’t get injured again. 
Justin - fitness and injury pending again

KDH - maybe not first choice for a top 6/8 team but good enough for where we are at.

Barnes - anyone who thinks we will get wide players who have his output are kidding themselves. Victim of the team being shit and will come good under competent management.

Daka - similar to Barnes, I think he has a lot of offer still. I want to see him under a new manager.

Kel - had some bad misses on Saturday but has carried us time and time again.

Ndidi - big question mark but could he come good again under a new manager?

Probably more as well. Of course a lot depends what league we are in but we can’t buy a new squad so the above are all perfectly good enough to be in the squad even if not all are starters, especially under a new manager.

I didn't say we should get rid of them all, just that I wouldn't be arsed if any of them left. 

He echoes what Rodgers said about "We'll be OK" but what else are they going to say, "We've now given Southampton 6 points, we're worse than them and the worst in the league"? I don't think we are and I still  don't think Southampton are better than us but the other problem was that it was a game where you could say "It's one of those days", having a lot of the play in their half, creating chances having good spells of dominance, if it falls within a good or even mixed run of performances you brush it off as a fan and accept it, it's just on Saturday there wasn't a lot of credit in the bank for such acceptance, if you're going to have one of those days then that wasn't the day to have it! 

There is the thing of trying too hard, there was a stiffness (stop it) about the front three, the opposite to a relaxed calmness, that didn't help, they knew they were playing a crap side with points very much available but there was a fair bit of tension in the body language, focus is one thing but tension affects your basic motor skills, Nacho scores two goals on another day, I think the importance of the game was too much in their minds rather than not enough.

47 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Makes you wonder doesn’t it, the messages from those within the club make it sound like we the fans are throwing toys out the pram because we lost one game with a strong performance lol 

Its alright lads forget the last 18 months, you missed 3 good chances against bottom of the league but you’ll get them next time.

We always deserve to win and we’re unlucky when we lose. Never works both ways 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I didn't say we should get rid of them all, just that I wouldn't be arsed if any of them left. 

Fair enough, apologies. 

I would with Barnes as I think we’d really struggle to replace him. KDH is probably limited but I do think it’s good to have a bit of home grown so would be a shame if he was binned.

44 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

That’s a very concerning comment from Maddison.

It's not really though, is it? 

Current acting captain of the club in attempts to create a siege mentally and to get a little bit of positivity for the run in. He's clearly hurting like the rest of us. 

This comment is the same as the morons on twitter saying "We HaD No ShOt On TaRgEt" which means absolute **** all in the context and is the whole point of what Madders is getting at. Several guilt edge chances missed and on another day we'd of won that.

I'm not defending the current situation at all as we should be doing better. But if you at the real picture and engage brain a bit it's really not a comment that is "concerning". 

• Like 3

I’m not defending Maddison but the chances Nacho missed and didn’t even get on target were shocking. First and second half header’s, their gk virtually giving him a one on one chance. That’s 3 clear cut chances which should be at least making the keeper work. I can understand Maddison’s frustration but overall we were awful. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Adster said:

Current acting captain of the club in attempts to create a siege mentally and to get a little bit of positivity for the run in. He's clearly hurting like the rest of us. 

This comment is the same as the morons on twitter saying "We HaD No ShOt On TaRgEt" which means absolute **** all in the context and is the whole point of what Madders is getting at. Several guilt edge chances missed and on another day we'd of won that.

I'm not defending the current situation at all as we should be doing better. But if you at the real picture and engage brain a bit it's really not a comment that is "concerning". 

Just screams denial to me personally. 

With how bad our current situation is, not replying would have done less damage. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Adster said:

It is if you look at it as though they are happy with how the team are performing? We’ve been absolutely shocking all season, not even going to bring last season into debate. If the players think that ‘the results will come if we perform like this’ then they will be in for a real shock at the end of the season.

Edited by Buzzell

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I reckon it was the buckle under pressure comment that got to Maddison.

Don't care how it arrives or what forces it- if something fires this club up and we start to show some backbone then hallelujah.

Everyone owes Rob Tanner a pint if we turn a corner :beer:

56 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Fair enough, apologies. 

I would with Barnes as I think we’d really struggle to replace him. KDH is probably limited but I do think it’s good to have a bit of home grown so would be a shame if he was binned.

Yeh I hear what you're saying about Barnes. His numbers generally are pretty good, just seems to have huge dips in form. 

45 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I liked what Tanner said. And I liked Maddison's reaction. 

Yep. A brutal but honest analysis from Tanner and an impassioned response from Maddison. I hope the rest of the squad feel as aggrieved as Maddison and show it on Saturday.

• Like 1