Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

8 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I love Maddison and really think that he is a credit to the club, but this is a really poor take. We did not have a shot on target against a side who had not won at home since August, it was an extremely worrying performance - you are deluded if you think otherwise.

The most alarming part of this is that I would consider Maddison to be one of our 'leaders' (if such a thing exists at Leicester) so you would really expect him to have higher standards.....

...Maddison would be one of the main advocates for Rodgers!!!

If memory serves me right,  so is Evans as well, very much backing Rodgers tenure.

Guest Mee-9

Is he being groomed or something?

Ridiculous take on an article that is rather factual. We’re heading for relegation and its this blindsided approach that will send us that way. 

2 hours ago, Adster said:

I'm not defending the current situation at all as we should be doing better. But if you at the real picture and engage brain a bit it's really not a comment that is "concerning". 

...what he meant was that Maddison's comment does not lend itself to any pressure being brought to bear on Rodgers!!!

If the stand in skipper and at the moment probably our most influential player  has come out to endorse him, then there will be no momentum gathering within the club to push for the expulsion of Rodgers. 

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I blame our club thinking they can get away with not spending anything and doing shit like getting rid of the club captain and not replacing him as the main reason players won't sign 

If we were still fighting for Europe there's every chance he would consider staying. Why would he commit to a new deal when we are fighting relegation and he could walk into most sides in England?

Okay Rodgers now can you take some blame too? Lol

Players needed to be reminded you need to earn your fans support, you need show desire and will power. This season we have barely seen that. At the moment the club is like walking into a messy office, where staff are around but not actually doing anything other than just doing their own thing. Not eagerness or willingness just rolling the clock down till knock off. 

• Like 2

Thought he spoke well….despite not having a shot on goal, the point he was making was the overall performance deserved better, and with better finishing we would (and should) have won.

I also suspect he understands football a little more than posters on this forum….

Sound bloke.

• Like 2

I liked Rob’s piece and firmly believe no player should be bothering with social media. Madders needs to STFU and focus on doing the thing he’s paid to do, along with Rodgers and the squad, something they’ve been collectively failing at for most of the season. People aren’t being negative because a journo posted an article.

• Like 1

Maybe Madders doth protest too much, but it's remarkable complacency to say we'll be fine when relegation is a real prospect and he'll be straight off to Newcastle should it happen. The "we'll be fine" attitude has got us into this position, time and again underperforming, squandering leads and chances, and making countless basic errors.

Maddison isn't personally responsible for our clumsy, slow passing between the back 4 until we give it to the opposition tactic, nor our unwillingness to take risks in attack until we're a goal or two behind. That's down to Rodgers, but Maddison has nailed his colours firmly to the Rodgers mast. It signals that Rodgers hasn't lost the players and won't be leaving any time soon.

• Like 1

You know what, Maddison would be right, it that had happened in a one off game and we were maybe sitting mid to upper table and it was a shock defeat. 

The reality is, losing games like this is becoming the norm, whilst we watch a style of football that is about as exciting as rubbing sand paper up and down your arm. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John12345 said:

He will be out for another 4/6 weeks with a back strain soon so plenty of time for social media then.

He’ll be gone in the summer then. 

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Players needed to be reminded you need to earn your fans support, you need show desire and will power. This season we have barely seen that. At the moment the club is like walking into a messy office, where staff are around but not actually doing anything other than just doing their own thing. Not eagerness or willingness just rolling the clock down till knock off. 

You see typical office boys, Now if they were from the factory shop floor…

Aye lad there would be some grit among them & fire in the belly..:banana:

Tanners post has triggered something in him, which is actually good as it shows he cares. Twitter is a bad place to have a disagreement, and calling opinion pieces 'rubbish' is silly and Madders should know better. When the chips are down and you are losing, its natural to get defensive. If you genuinely think your approach is right (clearly most of us don't, but we aren't on the pitch), then Tanners post is going to make very difficult reading. 

Best thing for Madders to do is put this to the side and just focus on the next loss 2-0 loss to Chelsea. 

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

I liked Rob’s piece and firmly believe no player should be bothering with social media. Madders needs to STFU and focus on doing the thing he’s paid to do, along with Rodgers and the squad, something they’ve been collectively failing at for most of the season. People aren’t being negative because a journo posted an article.

This - bang on - I couldn’t give a monkeys if we created a couple of chances against Southampton - everybody does that as they are absolutely garbage - we were utter tosh in that game all over the park and don’t get me started on Blackburn or 2nd half at United or pretty much the rest of the whole bloody season - getting done 1-0 by a park team is embarrassing-yes he is our best player by a million miles and yes we would be in a worse mess without him but Maddison wants to focus more on his team mates and doing what’s required to win instead of lamely trying to call out a journo who’s article is factually actually very decent and written pretty much as the fans feel - do us a favour James - we aren’t blind - a tweet trying to say you lot are playing well and basically supporting bodgers isn’t pulling the wool over anyone’s eyes pal - we are bang in trouble - get your bloody fingers out 

Whilst I don’t question his commitment or how/when he’s played this season, the cynic in me questions that it’s to his benefit if the team/club are struggling at lowly depths of the table or relegated.

Likelyhood is he’s leaving at the end of the season anyway but it makes it easier, gives him more of a reason and excuse to leave, no?

Edited by Matt

Guest Col city fan
29 minutes ago, jv1 said:

This - bang on - I couldn’t give a monkeys if we created a couple of chances against Southampton - everybody does that as they are absolutely garbage - we were utter tosh in that game all over the park and don’t get me started on Blackburn or 2nd half at United or pretty much the rest of the whole bloody season - getting done 1-0 by a park team is embarrassing-yes he is our best player by a million miles and yes we would be in a worse mess without him but Maddison wants to focus more on his team mates and doing what’s required to win instead of lamely trying to call out a journo who’s article is factually actually very decent and written pretty much as the fans feel - do us a favour James - we aren’t blind - a tweet trying to say you lot are playing well and basically supporting bodgers isn’t pulling the wool over anyone’s eyes pal - we are bang in trouble - get your bloody fingers out 

Maddison will be off in the summer whatever happens at Leicester. 
We are disintegrating as a club I’m afraid.

Edited by Col city fan

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Maddison would be one of the main advocates for Rodgers!!!

If memory serves me right,  so is Evans as well, very much backing Rodgers tenure.

I’m fairly sure Evans once publicly disagreed with Rodgers’ assessment of one of our home games on BBC RL. Not suggesting he doesn’t back Brendan but I thought that was odd. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Maddison will be off in the summer whatever happens at Leicester. 
We are disintegrating as a club I’m afraid.

I think that annoys me too. Not that he’s going, just that by ignoring the truth, lambasting the piece, and retaliating, he’s taken a bit of shine off his legacy. 

True, not much, but a bit and it’s sad - and more sad is not what anyone wants this season. 

Also reminds me that he’s the only squad member who appears to give a shit - and that’s very sad. 

28 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Let’s be honest it’s a delusional take, if we have no shots on target again we will be ok.

relegation wouldn’t matter to him as he is half hanging out the exit door either way.

I don't agree with him calling Tanners article rubbish, but you are kind of missing his point. We had no shots on target because Kels had a selection of brain farts and wouldn't have been able to shoot on target in a brothel. Madders no doubt believes that from a 'controlling the game' perspective we weren't out played and created enough to have got a better result. He's not really wrong, and if Kels takes one of those chances the game completely changes (or if Souttar could point his head downwards we get a draw). But i agree we would all rather see much more direct play / attacking intent putting a poor keeper under more pressure. 

Remember, in the past we have been much more clinical and got results. Heck, the Man U game where Rashford converts the first chance that came to him completely altered the game. Kels lost us the Saints game.

Madders does work his socks off for us. Let him be frustrated and move on.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3