Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

I don't agree with him calling Tanners article rubbish, but you are kind of missing his point. We had no shots on target because Kels had a selection of brain farts and wouldn't have been able to shoot on target in a brothel. Madders no doubt believes that from a 'controlling the game' perspective we weren't out played and created enough to have got a better result. He's not really wrong, and if Kels takes one of those chances the game completely changes (or if Souttar could point his head downwards we get a draw). But i agree we would all rather see much more direct play / attacking intent putting a poor keeper under more pressure. 

Remember, in the past we have been much more clinical and got results. Heck, the Man U game where Rashford converts the first chance that came to him completely altered the game. Kels lost us the Saints game.

Madders does work his socks off for us. Let him be frustrated and move on.

I’m not missing the point, at the end of the day we had 0 shots on target, again.

Regardless of efforts that were missed.

He should’ve come out and said we are working hard to create more and get the performances we need.

Given our current strikers form, what’s not to suggest more “brain farts” won’t happen.

If we create more shots on target then the misses won’t be so costly.

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

I’m not missing the point, at the end of the day we had 0 shots on target, again.

Regardless of efforts that were missed.

He should’ve come out and said we are working hard to create more and get the performances we need.

Given our current strikers form, what’s not to suggest more “brain farts” won’t happen.

If we create more shots on target then the misses won’t be so costly.

You can't get shots on target if the striker isn't hitting the target. Kels missed 2 sitters ( i am willing to concede the first header was tough). 

Like it or not (i don't like it) Rodgersball isn't about peppering the keepers. Madders isn't going to change that.

Hopefully not badly injured. A short insight into what life will be like without him after the injury. 

It also emphasises the risk of relying on just one fantastic player. Once he goes, the rest of the team is fvcked. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Hopefully not badly injured. A short insight into what life will be like without him after the injury. 

It also emphasises the risk of relying on just one fantastic player. Once he goes, the rest of the team is fvcked. 

Am concerned other teams will target him.

His sort of talent can be hard to find in the game.

Pissed me off above with the chilwell (pussy can't take a throw at Millwall) love in.

But Madders is a class above, he's too good for us and I would wish him the best when he goes next season.

He's put the effort in, clever bloke and I don't think he'd be a nob to us on his return either.

Respect.

Edited by blueharmie
  • Like 1

Chilwell is the godfather of Maddison's son, they're clearly extremely close friends and were bound to acknowledge one another after the match. I'm admittedly one to get annoyed over trivial things regarding player conduct but don't see the issue here.

• Like 3

Also, we can’t be annoyed at Chilwell for celebrating how we did when we boo him the way we do. 

I think some of our fans need to get a grip. Every single one of us would have signed for Chelsea when Chilwell did.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

Also, we can’t be annoyed at Chilwell for celebrating how we did when we boo him the way we do. 

I think some of our fans need to get a grip. Every single one of us would have signed for Chelsea when Chilwell did.

Literally thislol saw someone ranting on twitter about the “way Chilwell acted” yesterday. The lad got absolute dogs abuse when he came over to take that corner before his goal, we absolutely deserved the way he celebrated.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, don_danbury said:

i really despise chilwell, and i dont even know why lol 

I never rated him that highly with us. Thought he was poor defensively, good at attacking but our left side was a lot weaker than the right. He's gone and seemingly done well but Fofana, who is quality, was the far bigger loss.

• Like 1

Don't have anything against Chillwell leaving when he did.  It's not his fault he wanted away before Rodgers coached everything out of him is it.  He went on and did better than he did here.  This will happen in the summer to a lot of our players. 

The football our players are being asked to play is nothing short of criminal.  Whoever wants out in the summer I don't blame them for leaving.  Whole club is a shit show.