Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Honestly this crap is a perfect example of why he needs that armband ripped off of him. His last two takes on our performance deserve prison time. Naturally he’s incredibly gifted on the ball by but Christ he’s clearly NOT a leader or a captain. Hope he stays as he’s the best talent we have but this kind of stuff just stinks as a huge part of the reason we are in the mess we are in. 

He’s either being honest and he’s completely deluded, or he’s being disingenuous and rubbing it in the fans faces. 

In context sure, given our form and the form of Brentford, a point isn’t a horrendous result. But that shouldn’t be acceptable with the players we have (when on form) and the wages these players are taking week in week out. I’m not trying to blame madders solely for the culture, but if this is his role in getting this team back on track then frankly if we can get a big fee for him then he can leave. 

We need leaders. We need high standards. This is a joke. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

On your own mate

I appreciate that, I’d want to keep him at all costs really but the context of my point is that he likely wants to go anyway, and his attitude to our results/performances at the moment is just embarrassing, and if he’s like this in the changing room as the captain then it’s very worrying. If we can get 60-70m for him then I’d reluctantly take it. 

As I’ve said he’s either taking the piss out of fans that pay to watch us, or he genuinely believes it, both are worrying. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

How anyone can turn around and question Maddisons attitude i will never know 😂. The bloke is one of the very few this season who actually looks like he gives a shit when he plays instead of rolling over like the majority of them have. 

I did not question his attitude on the pitch. I questioned his attitude towards our performances as a team. They are not mutually exclusive, you're completely ignoring what I've actually said and coming to your own conclusions. 
His last 2 tweets on our performances have been absolutely dreadful takes, and it's very worrying if our captain thinks that in a relegation scrap that our performance yesterday and against Southampton are acceptable for a squad with the talent we have. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Some of our fans are so weird, it’s such an inoffensive tweet and people are frothing at the mouth and saying him leaving won’t bother you one bit and he can leave, now?

Christ, social media really does some people into weirdos. 

It’s a nothing post, he’s probably even been instructed to post it by the media team, Of all the things to go after someone over, this is one of the weirdest…

He is leaving anyway, It's an inoffensive tweet but nobody is saying it's the offensiveness that they have a problem with, it's the delusion of pretending our performances are perfectly fine. 
You've literally made up the probability of that being the case with zero evidence just to defend him. 

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

How anyone can turn around and question Maddisons attitude i will never know 😂. The bloke is one of the very few this season who actually looks like he gives a shit when he plays instead of rolling over like the majority of them have. 

Yeah it’s true he’s totally committed, a model pro and comfortably our best player. But FFS didn’t you see what he did? He only went and posted a positive-sounding tweet that doesn’t chime the current mood of impending catastrophe among some of the fanbase. He is dead to us 😡

• Like 1

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

I did not question his attitude on the pitch. I questioned his attitude towards our performances as a team. They are not mutually exclusive, you're completely ignoring what I've actually said and coming to your own conclusions. 

I don’t think your opinion is as outrageous as is being suggested, except for the idea of selling him. Saying there is ‘no shame in a point’, suggests there is a shame in our performances this season. 
His attack on Rob ‘seven out of’ Tanner, was unfair and supports the notion that he is out of touch with the frustration that the majority of fans. Whilst, as you’ve pointed out, this isn’t necessarily a problem with Maddison. The issue is that it seems he is happy with our performances currently, a bad trait as you say for a leader at the club, let alone stand-in captain.

• Like 2

all our fans were saying the same thing but it’s criminal for madison to be saying it? 

I get that we want to be doing better but that doesn’t mean everyone needs to be negative! Your captain won’t build moral by not taking the positives steps when they come 

• Like 3

Just now, westernpark said:

I don’t think your opinion is as outrageous as is being suggested, except for the idea of selling him. Saying there is ‘no shame in a point’, suggests there is a shame in our performances this season. 
His attack on Rob ‘seven out of’ Tanner, was unfair and supports the notion that he is out of touch with the frustration that the majority of fans. Whilst, as you’ve pointed out, this isn’t necessarily a problem with Maddison. The issue is that it seems he is happy with our performances currently, a bad trait as you say for a leader at the club, let alone stand-in captain.

It's not outrageous at all, they just didn't bother to actually read my words, and came to a completely different conclusion on that basis that I'm somehow saying that Maddison's attitude on the pitch is not good enough, at no point did I say or even imply that, I made it very clear I am questioning his attitude towards our performances. 
Yeah I know I'm probably in the minority that would not be too fussed if we sold him (in the context of a 60-70m sale) but I respect people's opinions on that. He's our best player by a mile and has been for a while now, but it's absolutely clear he will be going in the summer if a team comes in for him, he's not bigger than the club so i'd reluctantly sell for the right price, but I would not lose sleep over it personally. 

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yeah but you speak as a fan, he needs to speak as a leader, so running down the team is hardly advisable is it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yeah but you speak as a fan, he needs to speak as a leader, so running down the team is hardly advisable is it?

Huge difference between running down the team and pretending our performances will keep us up on social media. It would be best just to not say anything at all if he's going to say we will be fine if we play how we did against Southampton, or imply the same with our performance yesterday. He's either lying or genuinely believes it. If our best player believes our Southampton performance was fine and will keep us up if we continue, that's seriously worrying. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

Just now, Lambert09 said:

all our fans were saying the same thing but it’s criminal for madison to be saying it? 

I get that we want to be doing better but that doesn’t mean everyone needs to be negative! Your captain won’t build moral by not taking the positives steps when they come 

Would people be happier if he’d tweeted, “Well we fluked a point but let’s face it we were awful and we’re nailed on for relegation. Enjoy the Championship, boys - I’ll be playing in the Champions League 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He is leaving anyway, It's an inoffensive tweet but nobody is saying it's the offensiveness that they have a problem with, it's the delusion of pretending our performances are perfectly fine. 
You've literally made up the probability of that being the case with zero evidence just to defend him. 

Mate you said he needs the armband ripped off him and his take is so bad he deserves prison time lol You quite clearly ARE offended by the tweet though. What do you expect him to say? “We were shit”

Imagine frothing at the mouth at such a nothing  tweet that you  say

“this crap is a perfect example of why he needs that armband ripped off of him. His last two takes on our performance deserve prison time… Christ he’s clearly NOT a leader or a captain… this kind of stuff just stinks as a huge part of the reason we are in the mess we are in..”

I mean, ****ing hell… You’d think he just called the fans willy pullers or something…

You’ll find the kind of inoffensive, non-commital posts Maddison has just posted on social media from countless players in every PL side. It’s part of the job in 2023. Media duties and posting stuff written by the media team and social media etiquette like that are literally written into players contracts.

I’m sorry but frothing at the mouth so much at such a nothing, non-comittal post is just sad. That kind of post has zero to do with the mess we’re in, you’ll see exactly the same type of posts from Arsenal, Villa and Bournemouth players alike and players from every other club too.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Yes you make a good point that my opinion will always be limited as just a fan. But if such a point was taken literally, it would make this forum redundant. I was more concerned at his behaviour towards Tanner. However, that might also be an attempt to push the issues out of the spotlight and away from the players, something that may be deemed a positive leadership quality. Nonetheless, mine and the other poster’s gripe has most likely grown from the apathy that all parts of the club has shown towards the seriousness of our position.

• Like 1

I’m not going to jump on the lad for actually trying to be positive. We all know that it was shite, but we’re not sat in the dressing room with the lads.

Madders has actually shown good captain material there, publicly backing his team is exactly what we need, the club is awash with negativity at the moment, so any shred of positivity is welcome. 

Im all for it madders, keep it up and keep trying to get the lads going, it’s all we’ve got left. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

It's not outrageous at all, they just didn't bother to actually read my words, and came to a completely different conclusion on that basis that I'm somehow saying that Maddison's attitude on the pitch is not good enough, at no point did I say or even imply that, I made it very clear I am questioning his attitude towards our performances. 
Yeah I know I'm probably in the minority that would not be too fussed if we sold him (in the context of a 60-70m sale) but I respect people's opinions on that. He's our best player by a mile and has been for a while now, but it's absolutely clear he will be going in the summer if a team comes in for him, he's not bigger than the club so i'd reluctantly sell for the right price, but I would not lose sleep over it personally. 

If we got that price for him, I’d probably  sell him. He’s a fantastic player, but if he wants to leave, coupled with his growing complex injury issues, we’d be daft not to take that. 

• Like 2

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Huge difference between running down the team and pretending our performances will keep us up on social media. It would be best just to not say anything at all if he's going to say we will be fine if we play how we did against Southampton, or imply the same with our performance yesterday. He's either lying or genuinely believes it. 

You act like it was you that asked the question, but it’s a pointed question from a journalist. No leader demotivates his troops when asked, trying to promote a positive mindset as a leader, especially now,  is paramount. If you had asked the question off the record, as a fan, the answer may have been more to your liking.