Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

No one is misunderstanding cityleefan’s post at all.

He literally accuses Maddison of either being “completely deluded” or “rubbing it in the fan’s faces” and that post is why Maddison needs the armband “ripped off him”. We can all read the post and the obviously bizarrely over the top language used in it in relation to what Maddison’s post actually says.

Of course that’s a weird overreaction and bizarrely abrasive language to use as a response to such an inoffensive “it was a decent point” post.

I said the language was tongue in cheek when you quoted me saying he should go to prison for it lol 
If he believes his own tweets then yes he is deluded or is rubbing it in the fan's faces. That part is very clearly evidenced by his tweets. Either he genuinely believes our performances such as Southampton is good enough, or he doesn't believe it and is lying. Both cannot be true. 

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I said the language was tongue in cheek when you quoted me saying he should go to prison for it lol 
If he believes his own tweets then yes he is deluded or is rubbing it in the fan's faces. That part is very clearly evidenced by his tweets. Either he genuinely believes our performances such as Southampton is good enough, or he doesn't believe it and is lying. Both cannot be true. 

This is a forum but nothing else. As far as the team is concerned talk is cheap either way particularly in public. The crucial action will take place on the pitch. We can only hope the results pick up. Time will tell. Public chit chat won't make an ounce of difference 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He’s not rubbing it any fans faces. You seem to have taken such a weird offence to such a nothing post if you genuinely feel like Maddison’s face was rubbing your face in it as a fan.

It’s a nothing post, he likely spent 5 seconds on it, given the way it uses official photos from the club, there was likely someone telling him to post it to, as generally is the case when posts use photos like that. If he thought at all about it, he probably just thought it was a way to encourage his teammates. 

I just don’t get why anyone is reacting to that Twitter post at all, it’s so inoffensive and sounds like something every player and manager says after any game as a way of saying nothing. If you genuinely feel like your face is being rubbed in it or Maddison is being completely deluded by a throwaway “it was a decent point” post on Twitter then of course you’re massively overreacting to it. 

Edited by Sampson

Just now, Sampson said:

He’s not rubbing it any fans faces. You seem to have taken such a weird offence to such a nothing post if you genuinely feel like Maddison’s face was rubbing your face in it as a fan.

It’s a nothing post, he likely spent 5 seconds on it, given the way it uses official photos from the club, there was likely someone telling him to post it to, as generally is the case when posts use photos like that. If he thought at all about it, he probably just thought it was a way to encourage his teammates. 

I just don’t get why anyone is reacting to that Twitter post at all, it’s so inoffensive and sounds like something every player and manager says after any game as a way of saying nothing. If you genuinely feel like you’re face is being rubbed in it by a throwaway “it was a decent point” post on Twitter then of course you’re massively overreacting to it. 

Again, I'm not offended personally, but I can see why some are, I'm bemused at the nonsense he's been posting as it's just objectively not true. 
Again, I've said this multiple times now but you keep conveniently ignoring it when responding to me, I and not offended by the post, it is an inoffensive post, it's just delusional, either he believes his own words or he doesn't. If he genuinely believes his own words, that's very worrying to me. Again, I've pointed out MANY times now that I'm talking in the context of his recent posts, I've specifically mentioned the Tanner post multiple times ontop of today's post. 
The point is a great point away at Brentford, but the performances have been terrible, and yesterday less terrible but nowhere near good enough.
His post does nothing to rally the players, and it's objectively nonsense towards the fans. People travelled down to Southampton (not me) to watch that utter garbage only to be told by our best player that the performance was good and we should keep it up and implying we will be fine if we do. 
Again he either believes his own words or he doesn't. If he doesn't don't post it, if he does, I'm worried. 

Look we will have to agree to disagree, as much as you want to believe it, I'm not frothing at the mouth, or personally offended. I'm just calling it as I see it from the context of poor performances. I'll sleep easy tonight, agree to disagree we both want the same goal, and that's to stay up and move forwards :scarf:

28 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

That's exactly the sort of thing Rodgers would say. We're so nice to the opposition it actually makes me feel sick. This team needs to get a bit nastier if it wants to survive. 

Bring back Robbie Savage to poop in some dressing room toilets

12 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Amazing how patronising to a team like Brentford some of our fans are. Most of them must have only supported us for a few years I suppose. A point at Brentford who have hardly lost at home is a great point, anyone who thinks differently is guilty of the same pompous attitude the big 6 give us.

Brentford are playing brilliantly at the moment, but so did Burnley the season they got to Europe, so did West Ham, so did we when we won the league. I think it's more testament to how far we have fallen that even though Brentford are playing really well, and it's a great point given where we are, on paper we should be fighting for their position. I don't see it so much as disrespect to Brentford, they deserve to be there, and we deserve to be where we are, but with the players we have and the performances we are capable of, we should be up there with them. Brentford were not at their best yesterday, infact it looked like an off day for them. 

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Brentford are playing brilliantly at the moment, but so did Burnley the season they got to Europe, so did West Ham, so did we when we won the league. I think it's more testament to how far we have fallen that even though Brentford are playing really well, and it's a great point given where we are, on paper we should be fighting for their position. I don't see it so much as disrespect to Brentford, they deserve to be there, and we deserve to be where we are, but with the players we have and the performances we are capable of, we should be up there with them. Brentford were not at their best yesterday, infact it looked like an off day for them. 

...it think it is time you stopped trying to explain yourself, we all understand where you are coming from!!!

This discussion finished sometime ago. Time to move on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Aye, joint level on points with 6th place and have lost 1 home league game all season.. terrible side who we should be spanking… Now lets compare that to how utterly wank we are

Called a joke….was just funny that the wording sounds exactly like Brendan. Sorry I had to explain that :huh:

8 minutes ago, Ian S said:

He seems to have forgotten it was 5 defeats on the trot.I hadn’t.

I assume he’s referring to 4 in the league (not excusing the Blackburn loss, that was unacceptable) and in those games we played Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea. 

Context is everything. 

And surely it’s better to be positive in this situation than negative. 

It’s a good point away from home against a side with a brilliant home record. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

It just highlights the highly fractious relationship between club and supporters. Rodgers still being the bulk of the problem mind. 

Yeah this. Got players calling fans names on the internet because we're not happy with 1 point from 6 games or whatever it is.

Really falling apart at the seams isn't it.

• Like 3

'you wally' lol lol

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah this. Got players calling fans names on the internet because we're not happy with 1 point from 6 games or whatever it is.

Really falling apart at the seams isn't it.

He's literally said that it's not about 'being happy'. Take it in context. 

No one is happy about our situation. No one is claiming to be. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure what to think with Maddison. 

If he genuinely thinks this is good enough, I do worry that this speaks volumes for the complete drop in standards and he is sounds very like the manager worryingly.

I also get what people are saying about he may not say what he means deep down and could be trying to shield the squad etc. 

Overall, I would think it’s one of them where staying quiet and not picking fights with journalists (Tanner) and fans on the internet would be wise.

Edit - then as per the post directly above this, got to love the word Wally being used :dunno:

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 1

Whether you agree with Maddison or not, at least he's talking. Its very uncommon for a player to come out like this even on Social Media BUT we have been calling out all season for someone to cut through Brendan's bullshit and Top's communications team written programme notes, Maddison to an extent is doing that. 

He doesnt want to be captain when we are relegated. He isnt blind, he sees what is turning in the stands - he's trying to be positive. I dont agree with a word he is saying BUT I respect him for it.

36 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

No, the guy has commented and clearly isn't happy with our form, and our captain has called him a wally.

Yeah he's calling him a wally for accusing Madders of being happy, when he's posted nothing of the sort 

• Like 1