Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

To be fair, I couldn’t give a flying f**k what he says on social media unless it’s disrespectful to the club, which he’s been far from doing.

All I would say though is at this stage of the season and the position that we find ourselves in, doing the talking on the pitch is what I’m a lot more interested in.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

To be fair, I couldn’t give a flying f**k what he says on social media unless it’s disrespectful to the club, which he’s been far from doing.

All I would say though is at this stage of the season and the position that we find ourselves in, doing the talking on the pitch is what I’m a lot more interested in.

Tbf when has he ever been anything other than a social media wally? I’d love to see the boy delete it and where his career would go 

I find all the comments accusing people of being triggered very childish.

Simply a lot of people are just of a view that it’s not a great look players falling out with journalists and fans on the internet. That’s all. I just want them to do their talking on the pitch.

But it is what it is, just let them get on with it. Social media is a cesspit anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah the captain of the club chucking insults out to fans isn't good. Regardless of if you agree with him. 

Unfortunatley there are alot of muppets in this fanbase who need to be put in their place. The amount of people giving our best player abuse for a few social media posts is a disgrace. I mean its pretty likely hes going to leave anyway but we dont need these dipsticks hounding him and making his mind up for him

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Unfortunatley there are alot of muppets in this fanbase who need to be put in their place. The amount of people giving our best player abuse for a few social media posts is a disgrace. I mean its pretty likely hes going to leave anyway but we dont need these dipsticks hounding him and making his mind up for him

People act like twats in social media, anonymous and that….the post quoted on here doesn’t seem abusive though, it is making valid points, the likes of which are made on here all the time. 

I love Madders, hope he goes on to do well and can drag us to safety as it’s a one man show at times. He does seem easily triggers and I would just rather he focus on the games and training than getting wound up and into arguments online with people. Just can’t see how it is possibly going to do anyone any good :dunno:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

It wasn’t even remotely abusive or offensive what the person commenting said. 

7 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It wasn’t even remotely abusive or offensive what the person commenting said. 

I dont mean him specifically. Its all the other clowns on social media jumping on his back, absolute embarrassment. Seen plenty over the last few weeks of people tagging him in tweets taking the piss out of what he has said. I generally cannot believe people would go after Maddison, literally the only player who you can say has given 100 percent week in week out. Absolutley bizarre and deluded fanbase

Edited by South Shire Fox

15 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I find all the comments accusing people of being triggered very childish.

Simply a lot of people are just of a view that it’s not a great look players falling out with journalists and fans on the internet. That’s all. I just want them to do their talking on the pitch.

But it is what it is, just let them get on with it. Social media is a cesspit anyway.

That was last weeks comments though. This week’s comment was a completely innocuous post about “a decent point” against Brentford and yeah if our fans are genuinely reacting to that then I think it’s fair to say they’re overreacting and being triggered by nothing, because it’s obvious they are just looking for any made up reason to criticise our best player that isn’t even there.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You can't be the buyer and the seller JM10. Last week he gobbed off at Tanner for being negative and tried to dismiss things were anywhere near as bad as was being made out.

Now he's happy to use the narrative we're scratching around for points when we've finally not lost.

Truth is, we have had an absolute howler this season and there's no point trying to roll a dog shit in glitter and sell it as kaleidoscope. We are where we are and we need to stand up and be counted in this final quarter of the season but I'd not be arguing with fans in the position we are in.

That’s a very strange take on what he said with the bit in bold is especially baffling.

13 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

People act like twats in social media, anonymous and that….the post quoted on here doesn’t seem abusive though, it is making valid points, the likes of which are made on here all the time. 

I love Madders, hope he goes on to do well and can drag us to safety as it’s a one man show at times. He does seem easily triggers and I would just rather he focus on the games and training than getting wound up and into arguments online with people. Just can’t see how it is possibly going to do anyone any good :dunno:

So it's not okay to say that people are getting triggered from a comment, but it's fine to say Maddison is triggered?

Maddison is just trying to stick up for his club and teammates, and getting a point away from home. In an ideal season, we would be disappointed with just a point. But this quite clearly isn't an ideal season for us, and yes stopping the rot of losing games and getting a point at what is generally a difficult place to go for all PL teams is something to be positive about for now.

I still can't see why anyone would take umbrage at what Maddison has said. Even if it's not an overreaction. It just smacks of wanting to get annoyed at another thing about the club/players when there are far more pressing issues.

13 minutes ago, Sampson said:

That was last weeks comments though. This week’s comment was a completely innocuous post about “a decent point” against Brentford and yeah if our fans are genuinely reacting to that then I think it’s fair to say they’re overreacting and being triggered by nothing, because it’s obvious they are just looking for any made up reason to criticise our best player that isn’t even there.

Yeah possibly, as I say, I don’t do all that, not signed up to any of them and just see what’s on here really. 

Just feel that he could rise above it I suppose. Personal abuse is bang out of order. Posts questioning team performance and stuff, well people just need an outlet. I suppose the healthier thing about that place being this forum is that it’s less likely to be seen by players. But ultimately fans will react with frustration as they can’t impact what is going on…

Maybe he shouldn't have called him a wally, but I've not got a problem with him responding. It seems like he gives a shit, which I think some in the team don't. 

This team lacks leaders and characters, and I'd rather he shows his frustrations than just silence or "we'll do better"

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So it's not okay to say that people are getting triggered from a comment, but it's fine to say Maddison is triggered?

Maddison is just trying to stick up for his club and teammates, and getting a point away from home. In an ideal season, we would be disappointed with just a point. But this quite clearly isn't an ideal season for us, and yes stopping the rot of losing games and getting a point at what is generally a difficult place to go for all PL teams is something to be positive about for now.

I still can't see why anyone would take umbrage at what Maddison has said. Even if it's not an overreaction. It just smacks of wanting to get annoyed at another thing about the club/players when there are far more pressing issues.

Think you’ve mis read or understood anything I’ve put. 

All I’m saying is I am just concerned he is getting involved with these people online. What’s wrong with that? I’m not saying he’s wrong with his views, just about him getting involved online.

Edited by LCFCJohn

I'd have massive respect for Madders if he wasn't just parroting his boss. Would love him to come out and actually say this season hasn't been good enough and we're looking to put it right.

All we're hearing is weird smugness about picking up 1 point from a possible 15 and how the fans and journo's haven't got a clue about football and are misguided in their thinking.

• Haha 1