Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd have massive respect for Madders if he wasn't just parroting his boss. Would love him to come out and actually say this season hasn't been good enough and we're looking to put it right.

All we're hearing is weird smugness about picking up 1 point from a possible 15 and how the fans and journo's haven't got a clue about football and are misguided in their thinking.

Where's the smugness lol lol

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd have massive respect for Madders if he wasn't just parroting his boss. Would love him to come out and actually say this season hasn't been good enough and we're looking to put it right.

All we're hearing is weird smugness about picking up 1 point from a possible 15 and how the fans and journo's haven't got a clue about football and are misguided in their thinking.

“Smugness” “fans and journos haven’t got a clue about football”?

How the hell have you read that from Maddison’s comments? That’s exactly the crap people are saying that some of our fans are just looking for something that isnt there to attack Maddison with. It’s bizarre and pretty sad.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

“Smugness” “fans and journos haven’t got a clue about football”?

How the hell have you read that from Maddison’s comments? That’s exactly the crap people are saying that some of our fans are just looking for something that isnt there to attack Maddison with. It’s bizarre and pretty sad.

Smugness is an assumption you're right. Even I'm in agreement :D

I'd love to go for a beer with him and ask him on his thoughts on the club. All I can do is read what he's choosing to put out there and work from that. Strikes me that he's fully bought into the Rodgers spin. I'd love to ask if he thinks this squad should be scrabbling around for points and making posts about getting a draw against a team that has significantly less resources than us.

Unfortunately for him I don't think he quite realises that the fanbase is thinking "how has this club that was pushing top 4 and moved into a training ground that would leave 'no exuses' now spinning it that 40 points this season would be an amazing achievement"?

He's putting himself in the crossfire when he really doesn't have to. Get your head down and let your football do the talking lad. Football is followed by brainless fickle idiots in the main. If we win 2 games then there will barely be an ounce of negativity online.

For perspective, his recent posts just make me think of this lol

Arsenal news: Robert Huth reveals changing room selfies inspired Leicester  to beat Gunners to Premier League title | The Independent | The Independent

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 2

It's just (anti) social media crap isn't it?

People feel they can say things and express opinions that a few millennia of real societal relationships have shown to be a precurser to a punch in the gob, and are extremely unwise if personal survival is a desired goal.

This tendancy to extrapolate (as lots of people have on the Rodgers thread) and assign every undesirable character flaw to a person is simply brainless at best - in the case of Rodgers he has more than enough evidence based failings without the fantasy ones.

Madders was right to call this person out imao, which of us wouldn't if we were being accused (which he basically was) of settling for a poor performance.

It also shows the bloke is human and not a PR obsessed robot!

Personally l detest devisive SM, but like Madders muchly.

• Like 1

Time will tell if madders and his outbursts will come to fruition.

Personally, I don't think we have anywhere near the 'minerals' for a relegation scrap and certainly aren't going to push up the table going by what we have been served up so far.

As class as madders is, he won't be here next season regardless.

All the best James.

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He replied to someone about it on Instagram where he had posted the same thing

image.png.541f86308ba0c98b98e657c18aa010fa.png

Fair play to Madders here. A draw, away from home, against Brentford is a very good result for us. Brentford aren’t mugs.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Smugness is an assumption you're right. Even I'm in agreement :D

I'd love to go for a beer with him and ask him on his thoughts on the club. All I can do is read what he's choosing to put out there and work from that. Strikes me that he's fully bought into the Rodgers spin. I'd love to ask if he thinks this squad should be scrabbling around for points and making posts about getting a draw against a team that has significantly less resources than us.

Unfortunately for him I don't think he quite realises that the fanbase is thinking "how has this club that was pushing top 4 and moved into a training ground that would leave 'no exuses' now spinning it that 40 points this season would be an amazing achievement"?

He's putting himself in the crossfire when he really doesn't have to. Get your head down and let your football do the talking lad. Football is followed by brainless fickle idiots in the main. If we win 2 games then there will barely be an ounce of negativity online.

For perspective, his recent posts just make me think of this lol

Arsenal news: Robert Huth reveals changing room selfies inspired Leicester  to beat Gunners to Premier League title | The Independent | The Independent

He's letting his football do the talking every game. His contribution to the cause on the pitch also allows him an opinion off it. If we had half a dozen more players with his commitment and passion we wouldn't be where we are.

Edited by CyprusFox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

That’s a very strange take on what he said with the bit in bold is especially baffling.

Enlighten me? Only a week ago he reacted to the mere accusation we are a mess and in trouble from a journalist.

A week later he's arguing with a fan and using the fact we're struggling near the bottom. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, blueharmie said:

Time will tell if madders and his outbursts will come to fruition.

Personally, I don't think we have anywhere near the 'minerals' for a relegation scrap and certainly aren't going to push up the table going by what we have been served up so far.

As class as madders is, he won't be here next season regardless.

All the best James.

He might not be here next season but it doesn't stop him caring or trying more than the rest of the team. Perhaps it would be better if he said "we're fcuking shite and deserve to get relegated" instead of putting a positive slant on a point away from home against a team 8th in the league.

Edited by CyprusFox

Maddison should just concentrate on playing rather then these online spats. In isolation, a point away to Brentford may not be all that bad considering our season, but what's his take on the Southampton game, when we got beaten by a team bottom of the table who hadn't won at home for over 6 months. Or the debacle that was Blackburn. Played off the park by a championship club, who should've scored 4/5 goals past us. After Spurs we've been terrible and no BS from Maddison can spin that. I appreciate Maddison is showing some fight and passion, but this needs to be done on the pitch, not online and by the whole team, not one player.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Maddison should just concentrate on playing rather then these online spats. In isolation, a point away to Brentford may not be all that bad considering our season, but what's his take on the Southampton game, when we got beaten by a team bottom of the table who hadn't won at home for over 6 months. Or the debacle that was Blackburn. Played off the park by a championship club, who should've scored 4/5 goals past us. After Spurs we've been terrible and no BS from Maddison can spin that. I appreciate Maddison is showing some fight and passion, but this needs to be done on the pitch, not online and by the whole team, not one player.

What was his positive take on those two games?

25 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I like how he obviously cares enough to argue with people, if he didn’t he would even respond it’s not like he needs us to stay up he will be playing champions league football next season regardless

...I  always felt that he saw us as the right club for himself!!!

Still located in the Midlands and a stones throw from home.

I hate everything about this club and manager at the minute but **** me some of you need to grow up. 

Rodgers out, all day every day, but Madders has done **** all here. 

His 1st tweet was a load of absolute shit, but this one is nothing, absolutely nothing. 

Get over it you babies 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Can’t stand the crap he keeps coming out with, could be Brendan saying those things to be honest. 
Brilliant footballer, but a Rodgers fanboy… blurghh 

Yeah I can't stand all this positive crap  he keeps coming out with either. Would be far more appropriate if our current captain said we've got no fcuking chance of staying up so let's not bother, we're doomed. Bollocks. If he didn't give a fcuk he wouldn't say anything. If a few more of them showed half of Maddison's passion on and off the pitch we wouldn't be in this relegation shit.

Edited by CyprusFox
  • Like 3