Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

6 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Why would a player pick the wrong club for himself? 

...you will have to ask yourself,  why is it the wrong club!!!

If you gave conversed with him and he has stated his preferred destination then fine. If however you are speculating based on this seasons performance,  then we are both guessing what he is thinking.  I just feel that he likes to be close to his family, and you can see at the start of the season he wanted the armband.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

8 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Yeah I can't stand all this positive crap  he keeps coming out with either. Would be far more appropriate if our current captain said we've got no fcuking chance of staying up so let's not bother, we're doomed. Bollocks. If he didn't give a fcuk he wouldn't say anything. If a few more of them showed half of Maddison's passion on and off the pitch we wouldn't be in this relegation shit.

Exactly 😂. Absolutley hilarious how many simps this has struck a nerve with

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  always felt that he saw us as the right club for himself!!!

Still located in the Midlands and a stones throw from home.

Agree and it’s a shame we couldn’t have pushed on from them 2 fifth place finishes as I think if we had of nipped

in top 4 every now and then he’d be staying

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Yeah I can't stand all this positive crap  he keeps coming out with either. Would be far more appropriate if our current captain said we've got no fcuking chance of staying up so let's not bother, we're doomed. Bollocks. If he didn't give a fcuk he wouldn't say anything. If a few more of them showed half of Maddison's passion on and off the pitch we wouldn't be in this relegation shit.

You don’t see through it? The PR Spin he’s putting out there? Really? Ok… maybe I'm too cynical - for me, just like Brendan, it’s operation protect yourself in full flow 

14 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

You don’t see through it? The PR Spin he’s putting out there? Really? Ok… maybe I'm too cynical - for me, just like Brendan, it’s operation protect yourself in full flow 

I can understand your comment with regard to Rodgers, but what's maddison trying to protect himself from? He's our best player by far every game.  I doubt he'll be here next season so why does he need to put out any pr spin?

Edited by CyprusFox

1 minute ago, CyprusFox said:

I can understand your comment with regard to Rodgers, but what's maddison trying to protect himself from? He's our best player by far every game.  I doubt he'll be here next season so why does he need to put out any pr spin?

Exactly, why does he? But that’s what it looks like to me. 
Maybe he’s trying to distance himself from our crap form because of pride / embarrassment, especially now he’s in and around the England squad. “I’m really good but everyone else’s rubbish” 

Again, maybe I’m being cynical, but I see it on a weekly basis with Brendan, see it on a daily basis with our government, I’m bored of BS 

Maddison needs to shut up with these comments, comes across as a happy clapper and came on here, one of the morons who keep voting Rodgers in on the poll, We shouldn't be where we are in the league and looking up to Brentford, Maybe this casualness from the squad inbred by Rodgers is part of the reason we are where we are.Celebrating below mediocrity. Who's he trying to kid? cmon son.

23 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Maddison needs to shut up with these comments, comes across as a happy clapper and came on here, one of the morons who keep voting Rodgers in on the poll, We shouldn't be where we are in the league and looking up to Brentford, Maybe this casualness from the squad inbred by Rodgers is part of the reason we are where we are.Celebrating below mediocrity. Who's he trying to kid? cmon son.

He's right though, it's all about context. In the context of our position, nobody can deny it's a "good point" away from home against a side currently challenging for top 6. Of course most of our moronic fans on social media forget any form of context. 

He's at a point where he cannot win. Stays silent and it's "players ain't tweeting or ShOwInG aNy FiGhT" by being silent. And when they do interact and show any form of conversation on socials it's "Stick to football". 

Frankly, I think comments like yours need shutting up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Adster said:

He's right though, it's all about context. In the context of our position, nobody can deny it's a "good point" away from home against a side currently challenging for top 6. Of course most of our moronic fans on social media forget any form of context. 

He's at a point where he cannot win. Stays silent and it's "players ain't tweeting or ShOwInG aNy FiGhT" by being silent. And when they do interact and show any form of conversation on socials it's "Stick to football". 

Ok happy clapper. You’ve just revealed yourself to have voted Rodgers in. 
Now if you can just show me over the last 18 months how happy clapping has helped the team that would be swell, cause that’s what’s been happening, Rodgers and HIS team getting away with murder, can you imagine if Puel was still in charge of this outfit? The outrage and uproar? Well most of the time it seems like he is still in charge,

Edited by elvisfmcfly
  • Haha 1

Thought he was well below par on the weekend, lost a hell of a lot of balls played to him , really the only good thing he did was pass to Barnes for the goal . He seemed like he was more interested in getting himself fouled and arguing with the ref, think he knows that we are maybe going down 

4 hours ago, Adster said:

Correct, it’s all the little man babies again, who have to get upset at every little thing because they can’t control their emotions about a perfectly valid comment.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

I'd have massive respect for Madders if he wasn't just parroting his boss. Would love him to come out and actually say this season hasn't been good enough and we're looking to put it right.

All we're hearing is weird smugness about picking up 1 point from a possible 15 and how the fans and journo's haven't got a clue about football and are misguided in their thinking.

He’s said it numerous times throughout the season. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11318493/James-Maddison-admits-EMBARASSED-Leicester-bottom-Premier-League.html

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Correct, it’s all the little man babies again, who have to get upset at every little thing because they can’t control their emotions about a perfectly valid comment.

It’s happening in every thread. There are of course some extreme views that are described in your post, similarly some there ones on the other side of the fence that are also quite extreme.

It’s just getting tiresome and sad how divided the fan base has become. It stems from the likes of Top and Rodgers causing the divide but we really just need to clear house and get someone in, manager wise, who can at least bring the majority together (nobody will ever have that from 100% of the fans).

Its why personally I’m quite a peace with the idea of relegation. Rodgers will hopefully go, his staff will go, some higher ups heads should role, it’ll be a more of less fresh start on the playing staff and we may lose a decent chunk of deadwood from the stands. I do think we have gone too far down the road to have a proper fresh start in this league unfortunately…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Enlighten me? Only a week ago he reacted to the mere accusation we are a mess and in trouble from a journalist.

A week later he's arguing with a fan and using the fact we're struggling near the bottom. 

Just did not see it as arguing, previously he was trying to be positive, now he is recognising in public, finally, we are in a fight. :dunno:

Still see the positivity requirement as the captain from the previous comment, but don’t’ find the two at odds is all, but we all see what we see.

5 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Thought he was well below par on the weekend, lost a hell of a lot of balls played to him , really the only good thing he did was pass to Barnes for the goal . He seemed like he was more interested in getting himself fouled and arguing with the ref, think he knows that we are maybe going down 

He had a bad game yes- kept losing the ball and sometimes in dangerous places on the pitch but…. the pass he played into Barnes doesn’t get enough credit. Perfectly weighted and probably only Tielemans could play a pass like that as well in our entire squad. No one else could. We have to pray Maddison stays fit for the rest of the season because he’s our only hope. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Now if you can just show me over the last 18 months how happy clapping has helped the team that would be swell, cause that’s what’s been happening, Rodgers and HIS team getting away with murder, can you imagine if Puel was still in charge of this outfit? The outrage and uproar? Well most of the time it seems like he is still in charge,

Not arguing with you - the time for happy clapping may well have been earlier on, when BR was publicly calling the team and individuals crap.

Seems a bit late now, the results have been too bad for too long.

Back before Christmas I think we could have done with either some Pearson-style siege mentality media fighting, or a clear 'i believe in these players and this squad and we will fight like dogs' comments. He holed them below the waterline with some pretty savage criticism.

Edited by Bourbon Fox

He has plenty of media opportunities to say what he has to say so I don’t understand why he’s going off at journos and fans individually. Reeks of not being able to handle the pressure. 

If there was directed abuse then fair enough but the comments he’s gone after are quite tame. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Ahh yes, I forgot that using brain power to understand our current predicament and voicing that automatically means I am Rodgers in :rolleyes:

Maybe you can show me where berating all our players no matter what they say has helped the team also? Nothing has. I'm there every week, I hear the chants, the toxicity in the stadium. Whilst I feel it right for fans to voice their opinion, not applying any ounce of brain power before using it to berate our best player this season on Instagram really shows a lack of intelligence from morons on socials. 

If you were at work, performing below your best and being berated by your customers every time you clocked in, would you improve? 

Edited by Adster
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Adster said:

Ahh yes, I forgot that using brain power to understand our current predicament and voicing that automatically means I am Rodgers in :rolleyes:

Maybe you can show me where berating all our players no matter what they say has helped the team also? Nothing has. I'm there every week, I hear the chants, the toxicity in the stadium. Whilst I feel it right for fans to voice their opinion, not applying any ounce of brain power before using it to berate our best player this season on Instagram really shows a lack of intelligence from morons on socials. 

If you were at work, performing below your best and being berated by your customers every time you clocked in, would you improve? 

Laughable that you think he’s berated for his performance, he’s being berated for his stupid post game comments, that fans don’t want to see cause they know what’s going on. No one has berated them more than Rodgers anyway, In a underhand fashion too might I add, but you keep blaming the fans, ill

Just file you under Aus fox and Fuchswhatever initials follow. “Adster” 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

He has plenty of media opportunities to say what he has to say so I don’t understand why he’s going off at journos and fans individually. Reeks of not being able to handle the pressure. 

If there was directed abuse then fair enough but the comments he’s gone after are quite tame. 

His performances this season would say otherwise. 

Think it's more just being pissed off at all the negativity that's constantly being thown at the players and management. He's probably just had enough of it. 

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Perhaps he doesn’t like people claiming he said something he didn’t, in terms of being “happy” about the result. Do that and I’d be pissed off also. 

• Like 1