Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, Pete52 said:

His performances this season would say otherwise. 

Think it's more just being pissed off at all the negativity that's constantly being thown at the players and management. He's probably just had enough of it. 

Before his injury he was fantastic but he's not set the world alight since coming back from injury and the pressure has been ramped up. That being said he is absolutely key to our survival hopes.

He can be pissed off all he likes but I don't think lashing out at tame comments is the way to go about it. Like I said fair enough if its dogs abuse, call it out but he's choosing to go after tame criticisms. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps he doesn’t like people claiming he said something he didn’t, in terms of being “happy” about the result. Do that and I’d be pissed off also. 

There is plenty worse being said and he's choosing to go after mild stuff that actually has truth too it. Thats my gripe with this, i'd be fully behind him if he was calling out abusive fans or overly critical journos with agendas.

23 minutes ago, Dames said:

There is plenty worse being said and he's choosing to go after mild stuff that actually has truth too it. Thats my gripe with this, i'd be fully behind him if he was calling out abusive fans or overly critical journos with agendas.

There is no truth to it whatsoever, he didn't say he was "happy" with the result. And thus responded when someone suggested he was.

It's entirely possible for a grown up to be serious pissed off with our position and our decline, whilst also being realistic that whilst in that position, a point away at Brentford (who have taken three points off far better teams than us) isn't the worst result in the world.

He needs to push higher up the pitch. There's a temptation when he's playing centrally that he doesn't play as a 10 but deeper and it nullifies his goalscoring ability.

I'm sure its just fine margins and I don't particularly want to see him deployed wide right again but he needs to be in the final third more.

we need a fully committed maddison for the rest of his time here 

so it makes perfect sense for fans to start 'arguments' with him on social media ...............

yes he got involved with tanner a couple weeks ago but maybe the fans should just hold their noses if they don't like something he says or posts because we now need madders more than he needs us

• Like 2

On 19/03/2023 at 18:42, elvisfmcfly said:

Maddison needs to shut up with these comments, comes across as a happy clapper and came on here, one of the morons who keep voting Rodgers in on the poll, We shouldn't be where we are in the league and looking up to Brentford, Maybe this casualness from the squad inbred by Rodgers is part of the reason we are where we are.Celebrating below mediocrity. Who's he trying to kid? cmon son.

Rodgers In!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Not sure what the obsession is with young, millionaire men spending money on clothes/bags personally.

Standard media with articles to create a public opinion (normally not positive) for someone most of us will never meet let alone know as people.

I would prefer to get articles on his training regime/breakdown of his numbers in the past 18 months etc.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dillonpanthers87 said:

Can't stand him. Too easy to get onto teammates, too flashy, let's not forget the covid party which had an impact on champions league meltdown.

Are you ok mate?

The COVID party that you reference that also had a fair few of our other first team players also attended.

We’re a much better team with Madders in it and that accolade can’t be made for any other player this season IMO.

• Like 1

Hoping the lad gets his chance tonight in Italy but part of me thinks SouthArse will stick with his usual team selections, if he does get his chance tonight and he plays a blinder even though he’s not long left on his contract could we add another zero or two on his price tag because we all know he’ll be off to pastures new in the Summer and good luck to the lad but we’ll have to pull the stops out use the funds we get for him to replace him because we certainly know how better we are when he plays to when he’s not ?

Edited by justfoxes

9 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Why is this news? If I had that sort of money, I'd spend it on flashy stuff like this too, as would most people of mine/Maddison's sort of age. Who cares? 

Just looks like the media trying to highlight something for a certain section of people to give him stick for. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Why is this news? If I had that sort of money, I'd spend it on flashy stuff like this too, as would most people of mine/Maddison's sort of age. Who cares? 

Just looks like the media trying to highlight something for a certain section of people to give him stick for. 

They've moved on from Grealish now he's a small fish in a big pond - they need another "Jack The Lad" they consider bigger than his club to fill gossip pages with.

The media is shite.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

I sincerely hope 52 isn't your age or birth year if you're buying bags for £5k :D

Like you say it's not a big deal. but we all made dodge choices in our younger years that we regret. I'll be disappointed if a mid 30s Madders doesn't look back and cringe at some of his purchases haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete52 said:

Id still hate paying 30p for a tesco bag, because I had forgot one of the 10 that I have at home again.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Hoping the lad gets his chance tonight in Italy but part of me thinks SouthArse will stick with his usual team selections, if he does get his chance tonight and he plays a blinder even though he’s not long left on his contract could we add another zero or two on his price tag because we all know he’ll be off to pastures new in the Summer and good luck to the lad but we’ll have to pull the stops out use the funds we get for him to replace him because we certainly know how better we are when he plays to when he’s not ?

The second Maddison leaves Leicester for a ‘big club’, he will become a regular England starter.