Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

28 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Proud of the lad, has knuckled down and delivered for club to force his way in and didn't let England down at all tonight. Looked comfortable and confident.

Love how he demands the ball off anyone. Can see if frustration even for England when people don't make that daring forward pass and play safe and go back or sideways 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, smudger63 said:

I think he will have more and better choices than Newcastle in the summer, which hopefully should help us get a bigger fee as well.  Newcastle had their best chance of getting him last summer, but they wanted him on the cheap. 

Agreed,  I know Spurs and Newcastle are the rumoured clubs but I can see Man City / Liverpool coming in at the last minute and giving him his deserved move

• Like 2

I would love to see him stay, but we need to stop talking about £60m. That was just the media. If Grealish went to £100m, he should be in the same region or not more due to his contract situation. He wasn’t before, but I believe he is now at Grealish level but Madders is more unique with his ability to turn quickly in the center of the park. So we should now be talking about £100m and hopefully the media will then start talking about the same. You know what they are like.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I would love to see him leave, but we need to stop talking about £60m. That was just the media. If Grealish went to £100m, he should be in the same region or not more due to his contract situation. He wasn’t before, but I believe he is now at Grealish level but Madders is more unique with his ability to turn quickly in the center of the park. So we should now be talking about £100m and hopefully the media will then start talking about the same. You know what they are like.

Except for the fact that he has only one year left on his contract and other clubs know it. If he had 2yrs left I'd agree, but unfortunately I therefore see 60m as the absolute upper limit. 

• Like 1

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Except for the fact that he has only one year left on his contract and other clubs know it. If he had 2yrs left I'd agree, but unfortunately I therefore see 60m as the absolute upper limit. 

Yeah you are probably right. That would be the difficulty. Btw, I corrected my statement above - I love to see him stay. Pity we probably won’t  get another season with him in his prime and while we are not (hopefully) in relegation form as a team.

• Like 1

We definitely need a major rebuild in the summer and I'd love Barnes and Maddison to be the main guys going forward. Giving him the captaincy was just a way to outline his importance to us, but we need to seriously convince him we're going somewhere to get him to stay if we do stay up!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shailen said:

We definitely need a major rebuild in the summer and I'd love Barnes and Maddison to be the main guys going forward. Giving him the captaincy was just a way to outline his importance to us, but we need to seriously convince him we're going somewhere to get him to stay if we do stay up!! 

Even if that was the case he'd get VC at best. Rodgers won't budge from Evans (even though he rarely plays)

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah you are probably right. That would be the difficulty. Btw, I corrected my statement above - I love to see him stay. Pity we probably won’t  get another season with him in his prime and while we are not (hopefully) in relegation form as a team.

I just think it's very sad that we've missed a great opportunity to try and remain in and around the top 6ish. Our deterioration over the last three years, for a number of reasons, has been quite remarkable really. A departure from our previous model of conducting has been largely to blame I feel. 

disturbed how people are so 'pleased' for madders when a few days ago you were all slating him because of  a twitter post he made. When he leaves though, i  expect a flood of hateful messages of confusion on why he would leave....

In other news, #4moooreeeyearrrrrrrssss #RODGERS INNNNNN

:brendan_still:

Its all about the money folks , we don't and can't pay him enough. Nearly all the current England squad get more than him. Time passes quickly and he is 27 this year so a £10 million a year, 5 year contract is what he and his agent will be looking for. I just hope that he gets the proper respect when he is turning our unfortunate defenders inside out.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Its all about the money folks , we don't and can't pay him enough. Nearly all the current England squad get more than him. Time passes quickly and he is 27 this year so a £10 million a year, 5 year contract is what he and his agent will be looking for. I just hope that he gets the proper respect when he is turning our unfortunate defenders inside out.

The blokes a multi millionaire, i imagine if we offered him 180k a week he’d still turn it down. He deserves to be playing Champions league on the biggest stage against the best players

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I just think it's very sad that we've missed a great opportunity to try and remain in and around the top 6ish. Our deterioration over the last three years, for a number of reasons, has been quite remarkable really. A departure from our previous model of conducting has been largely to blame I feel. 

Who would you have sold in the summer of 21/22 would it have been tielemans or maddison himself?