Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

5 hours ago, shailen said:

We definitely need a major rebuild in the summer and I'd love Barnes and Maddison to be the main guys going forward. Giving him the captaincy was just a way to outline his importance to us, but we need to seriously convince him we're going somewhere to get him to stay if we do stay up!! 

The only way he stays is if someone doesn't bid for him, doesn't matter what we offer him. 

Apart from moving to the continent , the only club where he would be a natural fit and a guaranteed starter is Spurs. They have never properly replaced Erikson. Spurs will not produce many medals but Champions League most seasons is likely. London life and a truly magnificent stadium are also very attractive.

He’ll want champions league football next year. He seems to be the type that always wants to learn and progress and he will know he needs champions league football to keep playing at the highest level and to keep improving.

17 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I love the fact that he cried because he left Birmingham City, just goes to show that he isn't a pompous pecker looking at his agent to secure as much money as possible. In fact him Saka and Maddison are great examples of proof of intelligence amongst footballers in england. 

Having, rarely, watched a full England game, was that, apart from Kane, Bellingham and Saka, he was surrounded by players who he outshines in his technical ability and awareness. Although unlike Hoddle and certainly unlike Gazza 🙄, he's in the gamechanger class.

So much of England's recent history has been based on methodical and physical approaches. They've managed to be nearly men, but winners need that extra - the Messi touch. I think Southgate might keep him as a fringe player - unless he sees the light and begins to find players who express flair in their footer.

We need a solid new club captain to lead us up the table, and bring back European football.

We have him already. James Maddison. Let's keep him.  ;)  We shouldn't keep assuming his leaving is inevitable.

But just in case, can someone arrange and print the "Don't Leave James" posters now, before it's too late. :whistle:  ;)

Spurs..but no vast improvement other than competing for CL,or top 7.
            They need now another top 5-6,players,to take it to the limit..

Arsensl..Yes but a 1-2 season wonder,then left stranded,when foreigners split.

Manutd..could work,could become a solid long term player,who could up their anti

L‘pool… They are not his type of club,can’t see him doing a Mcalister.though

they do need a re-alignment and he could help to deliver..

Man.city…just another brick in the wall, NO!! but if he wants the money

Chelsea….Ditto.like Man.city  Chelsea of 10yrs ago yes..wrong time..Chilwell fits.

But he might like the bright lights,and what Chelsea off-field brings.

Newcastle…if this club is serious and have true high ambitions..could work.

Dortmund:  Yes could work..

Bayern…….No ..just hate them..but Maddison is a clever individual..

could well work.

Barcelona/R.Madrid…Really no idea,depends on their project and if Madders fits

Italy: ..made for him,if he dares take that jump..and prepared to learn Italian.

He has got that personality to do a Brady..

Leicester.. Stay..Why not,if Leicester can show him good times around corner.

If he isn’t chasing big pennies, He’s already a made man

Even 1000 a week,

gets him a man’s-purse for his dart bags. Or just give us 2 more seasons,

he will still only be 28..then 4-6 seasons at his peak.

He will be picked for England, holds now top pundits

and Gareth’s respect..important cog in what Gareth wants.

Injuries will be better nursed,with us, instead of thrown to the Lions.

Big club on this issue,not the best choice..fine,fine balance.

I just hope once in a while, there is another Vardy,who is  

just as humble enough to say yes to Leicester & sticks.  
And club doesn’t pressure him to go..

I dream a dream..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

It's not even a case of the player or the club wanting him to stay. Thanks to the Tielemans situation and last summer's mess, combining with our uncertain finances, we HAVE to sell. It's really that simple. We need between 6 and 8 players this summer and can't finance that any other way than freeing up capital and space on the wage bill. If he was staying we'd have had months of contract talk already. There's been nothing. 

It's been a pleasure watching him have the best two years of his career here but he's off and good luck to him

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Spurs..but no vast improvement other than competing for CL,or top 7.
            They need now another top 5-6,players,to take it to the limit..

Arsensl..Yes but a 1-2 season wonder,then left stranded,when foreigners split.

Manutd..could work,could become a solid long term player,who could up their anti

L‘pool… They are not his type of club,can’t see him doing a Mcalister.though

they do need a re-alignment and he could help to deliver..

Man.city…just another brick in the wall, NO!! but if he wants the money

Chelsea….Ditto.like Man.city  Chelsea of 10yrs ago yes..wrong time..Chilwell fits.

But he might like the bright lights,and what Chelsea off-field brings.

Newcastle…if this club is serious and have true high ambitions..could work.

Dortmund:  Yes could work..

Bayern…….No ..just hate them..but Maddison is a clever individual..

could well work.

Barcelona/R.Madrid…Really no idea,depends on their project and if Madders fits

Italy: ..made for him,if he dares take that jump..and prepared to learn Italian.

He has got that personality to do a Brady..

Leicester.. Stay..Why not,if Leicester can show him good times around corner.

If he isn’t chasing big pennies, He’s already a made man

Even 1000 a week,

gets him a man’s-purse for his bags. Or just give us 2 more seasons,

he will still only be 28..then 4-6 seasons at his peak.

He will be picked for England, holds now top pundits

and Gareth’s respect..important cog in what Gareth wants.

Injuries will be better nursed,with us, instead of thrown to the Lions.

Big club on this issue,not the best choice..fine,fine balance.

I just hope once in a while, there is another Vardy,who is  

just as humble enough to say yes to Leicester & sticks.  
And club doesn’t pressure him to go..

I dream a dream..

Fine saying that a couple of seasons ago but sadly Spurs absolutely are a vast improvement over us these days and it absolutely is career progression to go there. I think he’s better than Spurs, but Arsenal have Ødegaard and Saka, ManCity have Mahrez and Foden and Liverpool never really play in a style that suits him. Think ManUtd is a possibility but idk 

I think the England potential front 6 squad of players,are a great fillip for each other, including the occasional Mount & Henderson..But if all potential players are fit,without these 2, we have a great choice that complements each other,as partners,or coming on as substitutes. Gareth has a decent spread of front 6..

probably 2 of the best strikers W,wide in Rashford & Kane,paired or alone.

Has pure CF,we simply don’t know the rest who can take up that mantel.

Pure wingers or acting…Sterling,Grealish no1..Saka…10s..Maddison,Foden,Grealish,Gallagher, my front runners.

if 8. Bellingham..If he gets injured could one of the 10s fit in..

To be honest against  Malta,would love to see him on the Bench,to see what Gareth could muster. He is our little gem,that comes around,every 15yrs( maybe)

Though Maddison,Grealish higher up bring also that extra dressing..

One man we shouldn’t forget is Rice, he just gets on with his job,that sometimes

he undervaluates himself,by doing his job rather quietly..

Edited by fuchsntf

21 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I dream a dream..

It is dream , getting the very most you can get is the mantra in our agent driven days. Of course if you already earn a fortune like Kane perhaps a gong or two is attractive and with a bit of luck you won't have to sell it on EBay in ten years time.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Madders has always been and always will be a better player than Grealish. He was when they were kids, he was last year, he is now. 

Grealish's value was all about hype. He does tricks, he has a silly haircut, he wears short shorts and he was the media darling for an English summer tournament. 

Man City bought him at the height of his reputation not for his ability but to own one of the national teams biggest stars at a time when people are starting to talk about sports washing and their Saudi rivals were eyeing up a move in to Premier League ownership. Grealish's commercial potential saw his value what it was. 

James Maddison has nowhere near the profile and he's only got a year left on his contract. We'd be very lucky to get 60 now. It'll only be 60 if there's a bidding war. 

It depends if the rumors about an option for another year are true or not.  I suppose we will find out this summer.  If true that gives him 2 years rather than 12 months and should stick a few million on top.

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Fine saying that a couple of seasons ago but sadly Spurs absolutely are a vast improvement over us these days and it absolutely is career progression to go there. I think he’s better than Spurs, but Arsenal have Ødegaard and Saka, ManCity have Mahrez and Foden and Liverpool never really play in a style that suits him. Think ManUtd is a possibility but idk 

Well I just gave my reasons,spite what is laid out in front of us,denying the more obvious…Spurs is an upgrade,but one dreams they are the tails,we can hang onto..

All relative really..

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It is dream , getting the very most you can get is the mantra in our agent driven days. Of course if you already earn a fortune like Kane perhaps a gong or two is attractive and with a bit of luck you won't have to sell it on EBay in ten years time.

I sold mine…fking worthless…:giggle:

1 hour ago, Ashdav86 said:

Who would you have sold in the summer of 21/22 would it have been tielemans or maddison himself?

Maddison every day of the week. However, I think some on here compared to clubs in the real world overvalued him. Realistically, I don't think we'll miss Tielemans at all now but Maddison is going to be a huge loss. 

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think we'll miss Tielemans at all now 

Oh believe me, we will. He's a brilliant footballer. People don't realise how good he is because a lot of what he does is made to look so simple. 

We've already been missing him in the last few games he's been injured. 

I do agree that we'll miss Maddison more, though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shailen said:

We definitely need a major rebuild in the summer and I'd love Barnes and Maddison to be the main guys going forward. Giving him the captaincy was just a way to outline his importance to us, but we need to seriously convince him we're going somewhere to get him to stay if we do stay up!! 

Don't think we can convince him of that unfortunately as we're going nowhere under this manager or board until they change their ways. Any players with any ambition would be wise to jump ship sadly. 

1 minute ago, Pete52 said:

Oh believe me, we will. He's a brilliant footballer. People don't realise how good he is because a lot of what he does is made to look so simple. 

We've already been missing him in the last few games he's been injured. 

I do agree that we'll miss Maddison more, though. 

He must have been hiding his light under a bushel over the last 18 months + apart from the odd wonder goal or pass. Certainly don't think he's good enough for a top side unless he increases his effort. 

Honestly, a few more good England performances would be great. Shift him for as much coin as possible this summer. He's earned a crack with a club with high standards. I'm not convinced he'll slip in all that seamlessly into one of these bigger clubs but it will be fascinating to see and I hope he does as he's a cracking lad all in all.

• Like 1