Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

33 minutes ago, iancognito said:

It's not even a case of the player or the club wanting him to stay. Thanks to the Tielemans situation and last summer's mess, combining with our uncertain finances, we HAVE to sell. It's really that simple. We need between 6 and 8 players this summer and can't finance that any other way than freeing up capital and space on the wage bill. If he was staying we'd have had months of contract talk already. There's been nothing. 

It's been a pleasure watching him have the best two years of his career here but he's off and good luck to him

But I live in my world,not that nasty,brash world of yours.Your not even incognito.

One day,another day like the title year/ Fa.cup year comes along and my world

peaks its nose over the top once again…

Of course your right….but maybe just maybe…

Its a forum..so discussing facts is boring for open discussion ..Assumption,presumption,with a twist of far fetched dreams…If not whats the use of a bloody morose,factual,facing up ,mundane forum.

Maddison likes Darts,and teammates,that’s why he is staying…:P

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He must have been hiding his light under a bushel over the last 18 months + apart from the odd wonder goal or pass. Certainly don't think he's good enough for a top side unless he increases his effort. 

I think that that is a bit harsh. We don't move the ball anywhere near as progressively or quickly without Tielemans in the side. With Ndidi's injury struggles, he has often had to operate a bit deeper, so his attacking output is going to take a bit of a hit. 

I also wouldn't agree about the effort comment. He's not lazy - he's just not quick. Also, it depends on what you class a top team as? 

If you were in charge of transfers and knew Maddison was being sold if a club met his price tag, what would that tag be for you? 

I genuinely wouldn't accept less than £90m. And that's without the clauses too. I'd try and stick plenty of CL/national achievement clauses in there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We're far too modest about Maddison. He's put up elite numbers for two season now.

0.73 G+A per 90 last season 

0.83 this season

De Bruyne is at 0.74 this season

Buno Fernandes 0.44

Grealish 0.41

Mount 0.28

The talent is clearly there over the 2 years. My doubts are whether he can translate that to a team where he will face a low block 99% of the time and he's a cog in a larger machine rather than  being 1 of 2 people relied on for creativity.

It'd be a big challenge for him.

Just now, filbertway said:

The talent is clearly there over the 2 years. My doubts are whether he can translate that to a team where he will face a low block 99% of the time and he's a cog in a larger machine rather than  being 1 of 2 people relied on for creativity.

It'd be a big challenge for him.

Yesterday was a decent example... 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

If you were in charge of transfers and knew Maddison was being sold if a club met his price tag, what would that tag be for you? 

I genuinely wouldn't accept less than £90m. And that's without the clauses too. I'd try and stick plenty of CL/national achievement clauses in there. 

For me he has to be valued more than Grealish. Madders is just as important (if not more) to us than Grealish was to Villa. Madders form is better than any period of Grealishs' career.

I don't know how long Grealish had on his contract though when Villa sold him. Are we in a position where we may have to sell Madders for less with him only having 1 year left in the summer, im not sure. 

I do think your £90m amount is around the ballpark, doubt we will get that though

Just now, StanSP said:

Yesterday was a decent example... 

I don't really base my opinions on one off games, it certainly was an example of sorts though :p

He's earned the crack, 1 year left on the deal. If anyone is willing to offer us 50+ for him i'd be snapping their hands off and just hoping that a big % won't be going to Norwich :D

46 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We're far too modest about Maddison. He's put up elite numbers for two season now.

0.73 G+A per 90 last season 

0.83 this season

De Bruyne is at 0.74 this season

Buno Fernandes 0.44

Grealish 0.41

Mount 0.28

Yeh but would you chase these numbers,when he wears another shirt…

Few would doubt Maddison's ability , many would doubt his physical resilience. His bony frame is not impact resistant and its not something he can do much about. The niggling injuries rarely clear up and enable him to play to his full potential.

Edited by An Sionnach

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Few would doubt Maddison's ability , many would doubt his physical resilience. His bony frame is not impact resistant and its not something he can do much about. The niggling injuries rarely clear up and enable him to play to his full potential.

I love madders but he could make small changes to his technique that could help. He often plays for a foul when he detects someone coming in for the ball and moves it at the last minute. He does play for this and I’m not sure he needs to do that given his level of play. He is better to stay on his feet and progress up the pitch as he has that good. That said I also doubt that those type of tackles cause him that much harm. It’s usually the innocuous challenges or non impact twists over-extensions in non contact which do the damage. 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

For me he has to be valued more than Grealish. Madders is just as important (if not more) to us than Grealish was to Villa. Madders form is better than any period of Grealishs' career.

I don't know how long Grealish had on his contract though when Villa sold him. Are we in a position where we may have to sell Madders for less with him only having 1 year left in the summer, im not sure. 

I do think your £90m amount is around the ballpark, doubt we will get that though

Totally different situation though. Grealish signed a 5 year contract with Villa September 2020, including a £100m release fee for a CL club. Then went for that clause in August 2021. 

Maddison has no such clause and has only 1 year left. And we're clearly a sinking ship...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Apart from moving to the continent , the only club where he would be a natural fit and a guaranteed starter is Spurs. They have never properly replaced Erikson. Spurs will not produce many medals but Champions League most seasons is likely. London life and a truly magnificent stadium are also very attractive.

Might indeed be a good fit -- but I can't see it.  Levy is rarely the high bidder for established, truly top-end PL talent.  (Richarlison being the closest thing to the exception that proves the rule; but Maddison is a better player)

Plus given their managerial churn, what system(s) would he play in?  "Fit" at Levy's Spurs usually means a player who can be snapped up from a cheaper league, with expected resale value.

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Totally different situation though. Grealish signed a 5 year contract with Villa September 2020, including a £100m release fee for a CL club. Then went for that clause in August 2021. 

Maddison has no such clause and has only 1 year left. And we're clearly a sinking ship...

Yeah Madison should do us a solid here and sign a contract with a healthy release clause.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

With a year left on his contract, we won't get much more than £50m. He's clearly worth more than that but unless he signs a new contract, which I doubt he will, then we've no chance of getting his true value.

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon he's unsure if moving would be the best option for him.

Well I’m hoping we can convince him to stay with a plan to get us fighting for Europe again, Captaincy and a good wage bump. I’m doubting we can do that though, and that is assuming we are in the PL 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

5 hours ago, Ashdav86 said:

Who would you have sold in the summer of 21/22 would it have been tielemans or maddison himself?

In hindsight it should've been Tielemans. We'd have got premium price for him back then and been able to have his, and possibly Maddison's replacement done already. Maddison possibly in the summer just gone.

The whole thing has stood still though. It was invariably going to crash in the end.

• Like 1