Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

25 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Hold on. So madders wants to be clapped off after a 1-0 home defeat against Bournemouth. 

No wonder we collapsed twice 

He probably see's Vardy going off to a round of applause and thinks he deserves the same ... couldn't lace his boots (based on their respective times at the club, credit in the bank goes a long way)

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Rodgers really has created the weakest bunch of players going. Both physically and mentally we are so puny these days. 
It’s another big reason for our plight. There’s no fight in any of them 

Coached the fight out of them, allowed half of them to vanish this summer, bought gash and gave them shedloads - the reasons why Rodgers fvcked up our squad goes on and on. 

And for some reason Madders appears to heart him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mawuli said:

How do you know he cares exactly, like what exactly have you seen recently to say this with such confidence, because its not the performances and its not the attitude 

I don’t know exactly, I said it looks like he one of the few who cares. What I do know, and surely you do too, is that performance wise he is streets ahead of any other player in this squad. 

Just now, Col city fan said:

Rodgers really has created the weakest bunch of players going. Both physically and mentally we are so puny these days. 

Exactly. Gutless the lot of them. And I don’t doubt that the cowardly Rodgers was the root cause.

I really hope the new manager bans all those effete hugs and cuddles the players routinely give each other before kick off every game.

If it is supposed to show camaraderie, it fails miserably. All it does is show the opposition how soft they are.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve commented on this before, Rodgers’ interpretation of bringing “winners” into this group of players was … Daka (an Austrian league winner), Soumaré (Ligue 1 winner), Vestegaard & Bertrand (old & experienced). There isn’t one genuine leader or strong character between them! We have a squad full of fluffy bits, there isn’t a single leader in that and that’s going to show more and more through the remaining games. What a very sorry state of affairs the Club has allowed to develop here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is probably why Kasper went. He's a vocal member of the squad and maybe spoke up too much and was given the boot 

1 minute ago, Tally Ho Foxes said:

Drop him?? Are you for real? Who is the only player who tries to go forward? The only player along with Tielemans with genuine quality and you want to drop him. 😳

Doesn’t mean anything if his heart isn’t in it as we saw today. 

• Like 4

I tell you what, we have some proper melts as fans don't we. Some of shit I heard from people today. 

Maddison is one of the best players we've had at this club and it'll be a loooooong time until we get someone like him again. 

The entitlement from sections of our fan base is a joke 😂 

He's had some off games, show me one of our players that hasn't, no wonder he gave some back 

Having said that, we were poor, we are in trouble and there are certain players that shouldn't be anywhere near this team (Soumare) 

Me and my lad waited outside after the game for some autographs, Maddison wasn't hanging about, but saw a few and they clearly give a shit. Mike Stowell came over and when asked "you going to keep us up Mike?" He replied "yes, we've done it before and we were in a worse position then, we just need a bit of loving right now" 

Could see the frustration on all faces, I'm still confident we will get out of this 

Now calm yourselves and we go again 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Doesn’t mean anything if his heart isn’t in it as we saw today. 

His heart has been in it all season as you well know, like he rest of us he probably could not believe the team that the fitness coach and goalkeeper coach selected today, he can carry this team no more…

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Maddison has put up unreal numbers in a team that is quite frankly crap. If there was any player that you cant criticise this season for not performing when everything goes to shit it's Maddison. 

Yes, his naivety about our relegation situation is annoying and his past 2 performances haven't been good but if we go down Maddison should shoulder very little of the blame imo, if the rest of the team matched his standard we would be in the top 6 spots.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Muzzy not Madders.

Nah. Izzet was a very good player for us at the time but Maddison at his peak is quite significantly better player than Izzet ever was and it’s only really nostalgia and current frustration (and Izzet played in a side of equally rotten bunch of no hopers in 01/02 too in a season in which Izzet himself was pretty spineless in all honesty) that would argue otherwise tbh. Maddison far better close control, finisher, has better balance/ability to get past players and no worse a passer really. Maddison also has more goals and assists despite playing significantly fewer games than Izzet.

Edited by Sampson

13 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Nah. Izzet was a very good player for us at the time but Maddison at his peak is quite significantly better player than Izzet ever was and it’s only really nostalgia and current frustration (and Izzet played in a side of equally rotten bunch of no hopers in 01/02 too in a season in which Izzet himself was pretty spineless in all honesty) that would argue otherwise tbh. Maddison far better close control, finisher, has better balance/ability to get past players and no worse a passer really. Maddison also has more goals and assists despite playing significantly fewer games than Izzet.

I think a lot of us have seen Izzet over a longer period in what is a very nostalgic and successful period. More than Maddison's occasional peak. We remember Izzet screamers from 25 years ago but Maddison's mostly free kick screamers blend. 

We will all remember Izzet long in the future but it won't be the same for Maddison honestly. Youri has the FA Cup goal, Mahrez, Kante, Vardy and the rest of the league winners have their place, but Maddison will be leaving if we get relegated or not.

Maddison is significantly a better player than Izzet though, likewise a lot of out players even 19th are individually significantly better than past seasons but we've been expecting top 8 and higher the last 4 years.

46 minutes ago, koop. said:

I tell you what, we have some proper melts as fans don't we. Some of shit I heard from people today. 

Maddison is one of the best players we've had at this club and it'll be a loooooong time until we get someone like him again. 

The entitlement from sections of our fan base is a joke 😂 

He's had some off games, show me one of our players that hasn't, no wonder he gave some back 

Having said that, we were poor, we are in trouble and there are certain players that shouldn't be anywhere near this team (Soumare) 

Me and my lad waited outside after the game for some autographs, Maddison wasn't hanging about, but saw a few and they clearly give a shit. Mike Stowell came over and when asked "you going to keep us up Mike?" He replied "yes, we've done it before and we were in a worse position then, we just need a bit of loving right now" 

Could see the frustration on all faces, I'm still confident we will get out of this 

Now calm yourselves and we go again 

I’m confident we can get out of this, if we start our creative attacking players and go for it, but the shower of shite Stowell put out today was doomed from the start. I wonder if madders bought into the selection, because if he didn’t, he should have spoken up. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

I think a lot of us have seen Izzet over a longer period in what is a very nostalgic and successful period. More than Maddison's occasional peak. We remember Izzet screamers from 25 years ago but Maddison's mostly free kick screamers blend. 

We will all remember Izzet long in the future but it won't be the same for Maddison honestly. Youri has the FA Cup goal, Mahrez, Kante, Vardy and the rest of the league winners have their place, but Maddison will be leaving if we get relegated or not.

Maddison is significantly a better player than Izzet though, likewise a lot of out players even 19th are individually significantly better than past seasons but we've been expecting top 8 and higher the last 4 years.

Disagree that all Maddison’s screamers “blend” those goals vs ManCity and Watford will be remembered as classics. Izzet was certainly equally as streaky, as all attacking midfielders are, and also played in 2 relegated sides, one of which was somehow even worse and more spineless than this one. Izzet was never a consistent sustained player and his peaks were never as high as Maddison’s.

It’s just a nostalgia and age thing, but Maddison was clearly the better player. Of course Maddison will be remembered just as long and well as Izzet. Go back to 2002 and some older fans would’ve said the same when comparing Izzet to Dave Gibson.

In 2002 when we were relegated with an even lower points tally than this one and Izzet requested a transfer after putting in a pretty spineless season and I can well remember there were plenty of extremely ill feeling towards Izzet and plenty harsh and opinions about Izzet and his lack of fight at that time, worse than what Maddison is getting now. They just get forgotten in time.

Taking nothing away from Izzet but Maddison is and will be rightfully remembered as quite clearly a better Leicester player than Izzet. It’s only the current red mist that is arguing otherwise.

Edited by Sampson